Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Excuses and Byrdlady....we are here for you
    Nora...Topa still making me a little groggy but not drinking is helping me feel better!!
    Thanks for askin...
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone,
      I have had a couple of bad days and finding myself retreating into my own world. I know intellectually, if I don't reach out to others during this time, I won't succeed living a AF life. So I'am going to try my best to change that. Ok, enough of my sad fiddle. I hope everyone has a wonderful day and I will be back later to catch up.
      runningwind
      The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady - I'm glad that you decided to write again. :l I know that we all have been there. That is why we all are here. I went thru exactly what you are going thru. Just hang on. Work on a day at a time. Have you tried the L-Glutamine powder and the Kudzu? That really, really helps. Please keep posting.

Excuses - Glad to see you back again too! I know exactly how you feel!! Exactly!! Good for you for coming back here. Here's to Day 1. Let's do this. We are all here to lend a hand so pull up a twig and settle in.:l
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Coco - I was expecting breakfast in bed since i was sick.
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Here Nora, I'll whip you up some toast and coffee, with a little glass of orange juice...hope you feel better soon!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Everyone,

I just joined this forum and found the newbie nest which seems to be were I belong. I hope to be sucessfully and able to reachout when I need it. I've been AF for two days that a first for sometime. I do know it won't last if I don't reach out and get to work I've read the MWO book and will order the supp today, but am scared of the med's ( I have never done well with meds couldn't even take pain killers after surgery last year) Anyway has anyone been sucessful without the meds ?
              Any help would be great!
              LG
              sigpicIsland Girlie

Comment

Newbies Nest

Breakfast in Bed for Nora

Sorry you are feeling poorly. I didn't realize - I've run down to Panerra and there are bagels and coffee for everyone at my end of the nest. I'll be over shortly with a nice warm poppyseed bagel with cream cheese and coffee for you, ducks. Feel better soon!
                Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

RunningWind...

Hope you are back to your old self soon ... hang in there!
                  Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Island Girlie - Welcome :welcome: So, glad to have you join the nest.
                    Oh yes!! Many, many people have been very successful without the meds!! They use the supplements or the hypnotherapy cd's and supplements.
                    Excellent start - 2 days AF.
                    Pull up a twig and get comfy. This is a great place to be.
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well - yahoo! Thanks Fennel & Coco. Breakfast for me. I'll put off my nap for a couple minutes then.
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Islandgirlie;827217 wrote: Hello Everyone,

I just joined this forum and found the newbie nest which seems to be were I belong. I hope to be sucessfully and able to reachout when I need it. I've been AF for two days that a first for sometime. I do know it won't last if I don't reach out and get to work I've read the MWO book and will order the supp today, but am scared of the med's ( I have never done well with meds couldn't even take pain killers after surgery last year) Anyway has anyone been sucessful without the meds ?
                        Any help would be great!
                        LG
                        Hi Islandgirlie;
                        I'm pretty new, too. I just ordered the MWO book yesterday, so I've yet to read it. I'm not on any meds, but when I was in chat the other evening, there were some folks there who were successful without meds. I know other sober people who did not take meds to quit, so yes, it's possible. Glad to see you up here in the nest! :welcome:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I just wanted to say...last night was my third night without alcohol. It was easier than the previous nights. Today, I'm almost afraid to say it, but I am seeing a bit of the old me. The me who could live without A, and still enjoy life. It seems like such a long time since I've seen her! Has anyone else experienced something like this? Like you're getting your (good) old self back?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All
                            Thanks for all your 'welcome backs'! Yes I had a wonderful holiday, was nervous about it as it would be my first hol without alcohol probably since I was about 16 and booze used to be a huge part of the time.
                            Anyway was amazed how many places I used to drink - and that was just in Dublin Airport, it was like a little wrench each bar I passed but hubby was wonderful, once he realised that I had no intention of as he put it 'just going to have one cos I'm on holiday', he was so supportive and even when I was a little (?) bit irritable he was ok and understood.
                            As the days went by it got easier and easier, and I relaxed into really enjoying myself, yeah the nights were boring, besides eating what DO you do? but again hubby had no prob with having a nice meal, he had his couple of glasses of wine and going back to hotel and reading on balcony for an hour or two Anyway sorry for going on but if I can have a sober holiday anyone in the whole wide world can, I was the one who used to sneak to the supermarket and hide the empty bottles of vodka in every hideyhole I could find.
                            Great to read all your posts, and yes Fennel, I know exactly what you mean about getting your old self back!!
                            Welcome Islandgirlie, like you I hate taking meds of any description, I did take some stuff when I started on this road but I know I could have done it without so go for it if it feels right.
                            Sorry you're not well NoraC mind yourself
                            Hi to everyone else out there, Lav, Mamabear, and everyone else, still can't go back a page
                            Talk later
                            Molly:bigwink:
                            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Molly.....I am so freakin proud of you.....a vacation with no booze......OMG
                              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mama Bear could not have put it better myself!! Well done Molly - what an achievment. :wd:

Nora you take it easy let me know what time you need supper :l

Fennel welcome back the new you. Its my third night tonight and I'm feeling pretty good.

Hi Islandgirlie :welcome:

Hopefully catch you all later i'm still at work at the moment having a sneaky peek

:l:l
                                Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Working...
                                X