Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ava, just beautiful! Proud of you!
    Merry Christmas to everyone in Newbies and MWO! I wish you peace, happiness and sobriety! X
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Merry Christmas, Nesters! May you all have peace, joy and acceptance; not only today, but every day that comes.

14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Flying by to wish everyone a safe & peaceful night in the nest!
        I'm so happy to see newbies & some not-so-newbies feeling true gratitude. Once we kick AL out of our lives, anything is possible.

Merry Christmas to all!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

It is strange indeed to be stone cold sober at this hour on Christmas Eve. I think it must be the first time in 15 years. I found myself romanticizing the flavor of wine with a good meal, etc. earlier in the day, but I just could not romanticize the hangover and the habit that would continue. I did have my sparkling cider in a wine glass and sipped it with dinner though and that felt celebration enough. I felt so "with it" tonight and loved the feeling. I am in control, and I am filled with a pleasant, peaceful feeling. My perspective about this holiday is much more present and realistic - I am no longer "away" from myself and others and that's really nice.

Ava, thank you for sharing your text. I was touched. :heartbeat:
          Last edited by KENSHO; December 25, 2014, 12:17 PM.
          Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hi Ava,

You rock !! You should be proud of yourself ....
            Rahul
            --------------------------------------------
            Rewiring my brain ... done ...
            Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
            Rebooting ... done ...
            Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Hi,

Ava- what a wonderful gift you have given Robert. So glad you're sober to be there for him and to make his scary experience more comfortable.

Me and one kid down w the traveler's bug - we both spent the day in bed! Nevertheless, grateful on this day to be with my family on a great adventure.

Merry Christmas, if you celebrate.

Xo
              Pavati

PS - So good to see you in the nest, Dreamy!

Comment

Merry Christmas Pav. Hope you feel better soon and your son.

My xmas is nearly over. I just had to take Maddison to the vets at 10pm as she has had a flare up of her pancreatitis and since i nearly lost her in February off i went. She now has to be admitted tomorrow at a vets i can pay off but hopefully she will be okay. If it doesnt rain it pours. My day was just wonderful and i know each year xmas will have more meaning to me. I had an inkling for a drink but bought out my wine glass and filled it with iced tea and that was enough.

Have a lovely xmas with your loved ones and totally enjoy the day.
                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good morning Nesters & Merry Christmas to all!

Pav, hope you & you son feel better very soon.

Ava, sorry about Madison, hope she feels better soon as well :hug:

I slept well after last evening's dinner & gift exchange with my kids & grandkids! We all had a great time
                  I'll most likely end up seeing my grandsons again later today.

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Christmas day!
                  A clear head & heart is the best gift you can give yourself & those around you.

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Merry Christmas, Nesters!
                    Getting ready to go next door to brunch. The Bloody Mary's and Mimosas will be flying but I am taking my own diet coke. I will also be packing a load of gratitude to be where I am now. As Pinecone so eloquently said yesterday, the gift of time and distance from AL is the key. We ALL struggled in the beginning but do whatever it takes to work past those temptations and you will he richly rewarded. That is a promise. Peace and joy to everyone today. Much love, Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Sorry you're sick Pavati!
                      Byrdie, what is it about the mimosas? We used to have them every Christmas but with me not partaking, they didn't bring champagne. I never liked drinking in the morning - so glad to be sober!

SO WONDERFUL TO ENJOY THIS HOLIDAY in its fullness! Love you all and am very thankful to have this place!
                      Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hi all, hope you all had a lovely Christmas.
                        Ava, hope all ok with your wee dog.
                        Had a lovely wee day.....mum and sisters called then my kids, my son's girl and me for dinner. Really nice! Went for a wee visit to my dad's grave. Left daughters downtown. Now in my jammies and relaxed at last. Wine glasses at the table and everyone had Shloer.....sober and satisfied!
                        Pav, hope the bug didn't mess up your day too much......feel better soon!
                        Byrdie, let those neighbours see what a rock n roller you are sober! Enjoy!
                        Kensho, Lav and Rahul.....Happy Christmas!

Comment

Pav - sorry you aren't feeling well. Hope you both start to feel better soon.

Ava - my goodness, girl. You are right - it's been raining lately. But you are always such an inspiration. Sorry to hear about Maddison. Fingers crossed for a quick recovery.

Byrdie & Lav - Merry Christmas. You both deserve so much joy and happiness because you spread so much of it here. Thank you for everything.

Kensho - nice to hear you are enjoying the day.

Last night was enjoyable. My chicken wings were the absolute worst. I tried a new recipe and asked my guests to be honest. That was pretty funny. I got some feedback, and then I tried one. OMG - they were being kind. yuck. I think we have new family joke, since I took some serious ribbing over those wings. Thankfully, when you are sober you can see the humor, and not get defensive like I may have in the past while drinking.

I visited everyone today and am now home for the evening. I'm going to curl up on the couch and watch my all-time favorite Christmas movie, "It's a Wonderful Life." I know, it's sappy - but I love Capra and I love that movie.

Happy MAE all.
                          Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone!
                            Ava,mthat text from Robert is beautiful he is lucky and so are we. Your support has been amazing.

Pav, hope you feel better soon. It sucks to be sick, especially on a holiday.

I am hosting Christmas Dinner in an hour and am having drinking thoughts. So I am on here. Brushing up on my sober skills. It scares me how easy it would be to screw things up by having a glass of wine at supper. I don't want to do that. Frick!!
                            Anyway, I am going to read on here and change my thinking.

Xo
                            Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                            "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Narilly, you're almost there! Fill your glass with something lovely and refreshing. Just tell yourself you need to get over the dinner........by the time you have eaten you will be too full!
                              Worked for me today.....now I am so glad!
                              Pizza in the oven for a wee bedtime feast.
                              You can live the life you want OR you can drink! Recognise that one? You can do it! You deserve it!
                              Last edited by daisy45; December 25, 2014, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

I had a quiet & relaxing day, oh boy!

Narilly, keep you eye on your goal. You don't need to drink today or any day for that matter. You'll be much happier tomorrow if you ignore the monkey mind today

Great to see folks checking in & keeping AL out of our holiday festivities!
                                Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest.

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X