No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking in again today as I'm aware of New Years Eve looming. No plans made for it so must come up with a good self preservation plan.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Hi Nesters. Well, back online after my i-pad smashed 2 days ago! so frustrating not getting on here.......was feeling a bit weak and panicking because I couldn't connect. Phew!
      Don't even know how it smashed. Could be something to do with a 3yr old little lady who constantly says 'it wasn't me'! Mystery!
      It is my youngest girl's birthday today.....we are going shopping for the day.
      just relieved to be back....just realised I am 30 days today.....
      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Good Tuesday morning Nesters,

Up extra early thanks to an early rising dog, oh well.

Moni, get yourself a good movie or two & some healthy snacks & bring in the new year in the best possible way for you
        I pity the folks who think they have to party themselves into massive hangovers every year
        Use the evening to put together a dream board for yourself. Imagine all the things you can accomplish in the coming year with a clear head & heart.

Wishing everyone a good AF Tuesday!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Cross post Daisy - CONGRATS on your 30 AF days, yay!!!
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Daisy i am so proud of your 30 days sober, that is such good news for me to go sleep knowing tonight. Onwards and upwards girl!
            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Daisy, congratulations on your 30 days! I'm so happy for you. Great job.

Resolve, I enjoyed your post yesterday about awkward holiday situations. I find myself most comfortable when I'm walking in the woods, just listening to the wind.i guess I'm turning into a hermit! Looking back, I was never any good at being comfortable in gatherings of people. I thought that drinking made it tolerable (except that it wasn't) but I'm sure I was the red faced, reeking s!&$ show. Now I'm more of a come late and leave early guy. It's fine with me because it is true to my nature, the real me. Thanks for the thought provoking post as usual!
              "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
              AF 11/12/11

Comment

Good job on 30 days Daisy!
                11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Congrats on 30 Daisy! Keep up the good work!

I'm looking forward to a productive day here. I have a fairly quiet house, which is very helpful. Does everyone have their New Year's Eve plan in place? We have guests coming over, but they all know I don't drink. I have a few special AF drinks that I will look forward to - and I will probably turn in early. Someone without a hangover has to get up with the kids at 6am!
                  Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Late morning check in for me. I had to go to the Lady Parts Dr. Yuck. All appeared to be well.

Daisy, with all this time zone difference I just HATE to step on Eloise's toes about this, but dammit, I can't help it....she will be along with the hat, but I want to give you a personal ATTA GIRL for hitting these 30 days!!!! :congrats Elo, I'm so sorry I keep doing this to you!) So PROUD of your accomplishment! Keep it going and 2015 will be the Year of the Daisy!!! You rock!!

Pinecone, it may be me, but every time I see your avatar that Pinecone is getting BIGGER! We are going to have to put up a disclaimer at the bottom: Objects are closer than they appear!!! I remember when you took that picture!!

Hope everyone is having an easy day!! Happy New Years Eve Eve! Byrdie

Edit to add:
                    Cross post, Kensho! Lawd half mercy, how do you stay up so late???? I'd have to have a nap!! Your plan sounds good and solid!! Ring in the New YOU!! t
                    Last edited by Byrdlady; December 30, 2014, 11:24 AM.
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good morning from my part of the world. Checking in.
                      Been busy with the holidays and I was latest victim in my household to get the stomach bug, which I do not recommend. Still a little puny.
                      Hope everyone had a great holiday.
                      Welcome to the new people that have found us.
                      Mywayin~ having a quit partner is a great idea!
                      James~ glad you found us.
                      AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Congratulations Daisy on Day 30

Did a little research on surviving New Years Eve. Most of this stuff has already been said by our seasoned folks but it doesn't hurt to repost

Largest online community empowering people to lead a healthy and green lifestyle while taking action on important causes such as human rights, animal welfare and global warming.

The beauty of not drinking new years eve means that you can be a hero and drive people home who do drink, it means you aren't going to get arrested for drunk driving, it means you aren't going to embarrass yourself (unless you want to), it means not waking up feeling like death, and most of all it means looking into the eyes of your loved ones at the stroke of midnight sober!
                        Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Wow Daisy - congrats t o you !!! So proud of you.

SL and Moni - glad you are back and have learned from your experience. You are moving in the right dirrection. Good job.

Thank you to all who have given suggestions and advice on the wine tasting event I was invited to. You are soooo right. Protect my quit. I am too early into this (19 days) to put myself in a risky situation. And this would be a very big risk. My fav SIL and wine...
                          Even my husband thought I should go. I had a very serious chat with him and have explained it even more. I think he is hoping I can be a social drinker, but I know now that is not the case.

I have had a chat with SIL and offered to go for lunch instead. A bit easier to control. She does not really understand yet, but she will when we get a chance for a real one on one.

Thanks Byrdie, Nar, Resolve for the support, understanding and reassurance.

Happy New Year to all.
                          I work until 1030, then home for a few appies and TV. No tempation. It has never been a big deal to me anyways, but I do understand how it is for others.

Keep strong.
                          2015 is our year!!!

Comment

Just sitting at my computer doing this and that and I had this flash back to how my eyes used to feel so tired and strained after drinking every night. Now, I feel light as a feather an clear headed and coordinated - the whites of my eyes are white, my fingers type with more precision. I am leaner and my skin is happy and toned (not puffy). My body loves not drinking!
                            Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Daisy - 30 days is awesome, especially doing it this time of year! Congratulations. Sorry about the ipad, oops.

I think I may be alone on New Year's Eve and looking forward to it. The girls of the house fly out tonight and I expect my son will wisely ditch me, so I'm planning on a Beck's NA and wherever the remote takes me. I used to fear having the reigns to the homefront without adult supervision but no more. I'm boring now! Just kidding, all is well. And it's just another New Year's Eve...:sad:

Piney - I like your walking in the woods comment. I visited a nearby lake back in the fall that I've gone to several times for a walk or run. Very peaceful and something about winter walks in the crisp cold air feels good and clears the noggin. And I'm also comfortable saying that I don't mind your big pinecone either.

One day left in this year and wow. I would have never thought a year ago where I'd be now. I know this is still early on for me, but thank you all for sharing your stories and motivating me.

Comment

Resolve, the Pinecone is getting BIGGER isn't it??? I know it is! :rant:
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X