No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all and wishing you a happy new year😁 I'm checking in after months of relapse hoping that this year might be different. I did well, lost two stone was doing ok and then my three year old son was diagnosed with autism, we always knew so, something wasn't quite right. Basically I went downhill, off work sick, doctor diagnosed depression and anxiety but I think I'm drinking myself into my own misery. Want a fresh start this year

Comment

Happy new year to all MWOers. Thank you to all who have helped, posted, listened, and been here through it all. This time last year I was drowning in guilt, shame, regret and wine. Fast forward -- nearly one year sober -- I have life! The ups and downs, joys and sorrows met head on. I am so grateful.

To all the newcomers - welcome! You can have come to a fabulous place. Protect every day of your quit. It's amazing how fast the time goes after it being agonizingly slow in the beginning. You can do it!

2015 -- bring it on!!
      Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Glad your here Trinity, no time like the present to give yourself the gift of an AF life. Drinking ruins everything. It lies. It uses every excuse in the book to convince to keep drinking. Fight it, fight for your life and the peace you can have. New year.... new you, it can be done. Hang tough, you can do this.

Comment

Thank you and I'm determined to better myself as a person but mainly as a parent. There's going to be a lot going on in t
          Relation to my boys needs and starting school this year. Mum CANNOT be hungover for these like she has been in the past. Literally excusing myself from sitting in a small room because I'm sweating and shaking.

Comment

And sorry to be a pain but does anyone have any real tips on how to get through this?? Other half is talking about how we are both going dry for Jan. .. saving , money etc... He can do it, I think I'm heading towards major problems and have been for the last few months. I've been hiding wine. Downing it on the quiet. The house is now alcohol free and I'm already panicking even though I don't want it. He will not get how hard it's gonna be for me

Comment

Just one hour, one day at a time. When I first stopped drinking I emptied the house of wine and I got rid of all of my wine glasses. I didn't want the reminder/temptation. I hid my wine, guzzled a bottle before the hubby got home so it looked like I was just opening a new bottle and only having "a couple glasses". At the end I had a glass sitting next to me and would go down stairs and chug it right from the bottle because I didn't want anyone to know how much I was actually drinking. Much to my utter shame. I was a fiend, I couldn't get enough.

When I decided to stop, I was a broken painful mess. Wondering how I could have sank so low. I was desperate to quit. All I could do was cry and call out to God to please help me stop drinking. At first I didn't know what to do with myself. I worked, I came home, I drank. I remember walking around the house kind of at a loss as to what to do. I went to bed early a lot at first. I took Benadryl to help me sleep. I also took the MWO supplants, true calm and gabba. I listened to the meditation tapes too. Then as I came out of my AL induced brain fog I began to think clearly and started to feel like my old self again. It's been a little over 7 months now and all I can say is I am so so grateful to not be drinking. You can do this. There is a lot of wisdom here from people with a lot more experience than me. Listen to them, let us support you on your journey.

Comment

Hi Trinity and welcome. I dont think anyone has a real plan when they decide they want to stop the madness but logging on here was my starting point and the best decision i ever made. Chero has some great ideas. I got rid of the al, i shopped before the bottleshops opened, i slept when i was tired, i ate and ate some more, i watched youtube videos on alcoholism and movies. i posted on here and i read on here. I needed help and accepted what was offered and i listened. Ultimately at the end of the day i had to make a choice and that was live or die. I had to put in the hard yards with the help and support of my children and mwo. Its hard at first and i did not think i could get through some days but i told myself "today i will not drink" and see how i felt the next day. I have no regrets a year later, i did it with the love and support of here and i am accountable to mwo daily still. We cannot do this alone and every single person on this site understands what we go through to be sober. Make 2015 your year. You would fight for you autistic child then you will fight with all you have to be sober.
                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Trinity, if you've ever taken an airplane, they tell us that if something bad happens (like we are going to crash, but they don't actually say it), the oxygen masks will drop in front of you, put yours on FIRST, then you can help your fellow passengers. You need to help yourself (quit) so that you can help your son, he needs you more than anything. Wishing you the best.
                  Go as far as you can see.
                  When you get there, you'll see further.

Comment

morning Nesters! can't quite believe I got through it but here I am sober on the first day of 2015......satisfying....
                    a few toughies, especially week 3 and 4. now for the rest....let's pull together everyone and make each others lives what they ought to be!
                    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Thank you for your advice and replies. It's helpful knowing others out there are beating it so I can too! Today I am hungover again.....tomorrow I won't be. Ive already made an effort to make plans early tomorrow morning to take my boy out so I can't let him down. I'm looking forward to feeling and hopefully looking better. I need to do this as I'm just destroying my life at the moment. I shouldn't be like this. I want a happy healthy life not a life full of foggy days and guilt. Not to mention the physical pain. I'm feeling positive I can do this. One day at a time. Got a bottle of wine left so I've chucked it down the sink. Usually I would think that would be wasting it but I know it'll just waste me tomorrow. Thank god I didn't realise I had it in last night! I'd have drank it! Last night I drank two and a half bottles of wine. Two cans of beer and some rum and coke...this amount is not unusual... it's way too much.
                      Last edited by trinity875; January 1, 2015, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Trinity, just keep believing in yourself and that you are worth it and deserve a better life. In the midst of the alcohol fog we feel that without drinking we are somehow losing out.....that perception changes as the fog lifts. Small things begin to happen....you notice one day that you wake up and the sun is shining brighter than before, someone comments on your eyes, you laugh so hard that the people around you are laughing too, you take care of someone and feel their real love and appreciation.....little things; then you realise how many of these that have been missed because of where you were, BUT, how many more are yet to come because of where you are now.....it all starts with a step in the right direction and that first step is thought....now for action!
                        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Good morning Nesters & Happy New Year to everyone!

Welcome back Trinity, glad you are here. Kicking AL out of your life now is the best possible decision you can make for yourself & your son. The first few days will be rough, expect it & adjust your plan accordingly. Take care of yourself & stay hydrated with plenty of water & tea

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Thursday & start to 2015!!!!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Should auld acquaintance be forgot
                            And never brought to mind
                            Should auld acquaintance be forgot
                            In days of auld lang syne

In auld lang syne, my dear
                            In auld lang syne
                            *mumble mumble mumble*
                            In days of auld lang syne

To my friends here, thank you for all you did for me in 2014. I am looking forward to spending a sober 2015 with you. Happy new year everyone!
                            11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Hope everyone is doing well this morning!
                              Trinity, welcome back!
                              Happy New YOU!!!
                              Have a great day everyone!!! Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi All,

This new year I see people around ...

5 year old, my son exiting to see relearn the concept of new year
                                My 8 year old daughter who is getting used to increase in home work
                                My wife who is still frustrated with me unable to open up ..
                                My father who suspects I still am not normal or maybe am depressed

My employees who are exiting about the next year expecting more growth
                                My body which is getting more mature but still look forwards to workout
                                Which I don't give it that much ...

My friend who I don't have many
                                and those which are long lost don't take call
                                For they have either deleted my number
                                No don't bother calling back

My life which is not perfect
                                But lot better than what it used to be ....

Here's to a brand new year ....
                                Rahul
                                --------------------------------------------
                                Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                                Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                                Rebooting ... done ...
                                Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Working...
                                X