No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

" ' like being pregnant' " Samstone-there's not much encouragement in that statement. Ha HA!

Good morning everyone! Just realized in the last couple of days that the more I'm sober, the more my husband is likeable :yay:
    The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

I'd love to be able to blame Christmas but the only person I can blame is me. I gave into temptation and haven't stopped since. Had a no reason blow out last night and upset all day about stuff I did in that condition. Sent some questionable emails, I can just about explain them away but they shouldn't have been sent. Rang an ex from like, a very very long time ago and I don't even want to get together with him. I know that's just being lonely and feeling the need to talk to somebody, anyone who will entertain my state. I'm back now to seriously getting back on track. Was doing so well before xmas. I was going to wait a week or so before coming here so I could post day 7 and nobody might notice, but I feel it's for the best I'm 100% honest.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Hi everybody I hope everyone is well. Just a quick flying visit to the nest for me tonight I've had an awful day. I came home from work to find my lovely little dog very poorly. I took her to the vets and they gave her antibiotics and said they thought she had gastroenteritis as she'd been sick and poo puddles all in my living room. An hour and a half later she died suddenly in my arms at home. Devastated and seriously considered getting a bottle however I've stayed out of the shop. I won't give in as I'm only hurting myself more. It's day 13 today. Have a safe night everyone x

Comment

Oh Trinity,
          That is so so sad. I am glad she was with you and I your arms.

Good for you being strong. !!'

Big hugs!

BG

Comment

Sorry for your loss trinity, I know how hard it is to lose our furry children don't drink over it,just cry it out honey
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post
              I would LIKE to think that LOVE is the more powerful, unfortunately, I have witnessed first hand that it is NOT. The power of addiction may, indeed, be more consuming. Never underestimate the depths of deception of this beast. It will most certainly try to lure you backwards....DO NOT FALL PREY TO THIS TRICK! Turn your back on the enemy AL and press forward. I can promise you this with my last ounce of conviction, AL will win. Don't test the waters, it's a trap!
              So true Byrd,
              I Was given the ultimatum from wife, after many years of my insanity. It was either alcohol or her and my 3 boys. This was not easy for her as she told me this with tears streaming down her face, the reoccurring pain in her eyes. I knew she meant it and it brought me to my knees. I cherish the ground my wife and kids walk on, and would give up life and limb for them. Yet I still found myself rationalizing and running the what if I just keep on drinking scenario in my head. I'm a grown ass man! I can remember thinking " well since she is really serious this time, then I will have no chance but to succeed at moderation" What horseshit that is, I was at the brink of losing what makes me whole, yet This MF'n beast AL is one again taking over my soul, my entire mind!
              Cunning, baffling and powerful sums up Alcoholism better than any other 3 words I can think of.
              By the grace of God, I would soon find these rooms, I was so close to losing it all, to something that had already taken so much.

Thanks everyone new and old for being here.

Daisy~ I read a post from you from a few days back, you are right on track, and have obviously been taking my advice because you are definitely born again hard! :bravo:

Byrd The Blacklist is the bomb!
              Hope everyone has a great rest of or beginning of there day.

Stay Hard my friends!
              AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Trinity, oh what an awful situation, I am so sorry for your loss. There is just no sugar coating it, it hurts like hell. Please know that I will be holding you close in my thoughts tonight and grieving with you. I must add that staying strong thru out this loss will give you more strength than you ever thought you had. Do whatever it takes to get thru this day AF. Thinking of you....Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi everyone,

Sorry for your loss Trinity. That is devastating. Well done not reaching for the booze which would be very easy to do in this case. Take care of yourself.

Good to see you back Moni!

Hardcore abber here too. I was in trouble when i came to this site, and i was looking for a way to control my boozing too. But i soon realised after reading all the stories here and finding i had so much in common with thousands of other folk, that getting off the grog 100% was the way out for me. But my decision is and has to be based on my experience and relationship with booze, and what i want.

I am a Hardcore Heavy metal mo fo and staying hard. Oh, and my other interests include cooking. :flip:

Take it easy out there and strap in if you need to. Passing the butt velcro to the.................left. G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

why thank you guitarist….velcro secure…passing it on
                    Moni: don't think about yesterday….think about today, right now, this minute. that is all that really matters right now. get sober days under your belt before you confront anything….you will be so much happier without the booze regardless of what has been done in the past!!
                    jenniech
                    12/28/14
                    serenity

Comment

Hi friends, a quick check in during a busy week.

Trinity, I'm so sorry for your loss. That must have been awful, but you were able to be there for your pup at the end. Sending you support!

Byrdie, great post! Not many things in life are black and white but this one is. Once I took drinking of the table as an option there was a huge sense of relief and life opened itself up. How ironic that the relief I was after was only to be had after getting addicted and then starting recovery. AF all the way!

Daisy, it's great reading your posts lately!
                      "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                      AF 11/12/11

Comment

Trinity,
                        My heart goes out to you on your loss. I love my Benji so much, and have lost others as well, that I know your pain is deep. I am so proud of you for staying AF for yourself and being there for your precious pet. Stay strong. May you have peace.
                        Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Not sure but I think I'm coming down with something
                          Massive chill & aches & pains all over, boo hoo.
                          It's not stopping me from checking though.

Welcome back moni!
                          Get back on your plan they we'll try to figure out what happened.

Trinity, I'm so sorry about your pup :hug:
                          I had one pass in my arms as well nearly 12 years ago, I was just glad to be there for him.
                          Get some rest, drink some tea ~ you will be OK.

Mr G, if you need eggs for your recipes, give me a shout.

Daisy, your niece likely is reacting to so much stress, that's a shame. Make sure she can depend on you for 24/7 support!

OK, gotta get some sleep myself. Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Sorry Trinity - that sounds awful.

Kids are currently dancing to music that my husband has on... I think I will go join them since I'm not a cranky drunk any more.

Hope the night goes smoothly for you Nesters... keep up the fight - it's so worth it!
                            Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hi,

Quick check in from my phone after a long long day at work.

Enzo- I had exactly the same revelation when I first quit, too. Such a relief.

Trinity - so sorry! Facing loss sober must be difficult. As G says, the only way out is through. Drinking will compound the pain.

Daisy- glad you can be there for your neice and family

I, too, came here with moderation on the brain. I don't judge, but for me the best part about being sober is clearing my mind from all the thinking about alcohol it used to do. I know that after one drink I would be thinking about the next-actually, probably after one sip. It was so liberating to let all that go and focus on living life instead.

Ok. Enough typing on the phone. Night.

Pav

Comment

Trinity - so sorry to hear your sad loss

Day2 of my 'stop making a fool of yourself' plan. I finally read some of the emails and feel pretty embarrassed. I have a few days to redeem myself before having to meet this person. I think the best course of action is to step away from the keyboard and not make a big deal. I don't like who I am with drink- I'm not aggressive at all, I'm the total opposite but I come across as pretty foolish and desperate. I'm an attractive, intelligent woman - why do I destroy myself like this

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X