Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Nest:

Finally a breather in a way overbooked weekend. All of it was fun, but I need to "schedule" some down time so get some time with myself and my kids.

Byrdie - I guess we celebrate your four years tomorrow? I think I started the party early last year... I was talking with friend about drinking this weekend - she asked me "did you try to cut down before you quit all together?" We had others around us so I didn't want to go into too much detail, but I did say that I am an all or nothing kind of person, and for me it was SO MUCH EASIER to quit rather than to make the decision each time I go to the refrigerator - Do I drink or not? Another or not? Wine or beer? I so agree with you that clearing up that mindspace has been amazing. It is truly easier for me to abstain than for me to "moderate" by setting rules, counting and timing my drinks. I don't have to think about it any more, and I am so grateful for that.

Thanks for all you do around here to keep the rest of us flying straight.

xo
    Pav

Comment

Byrdie....congratulations on your 4 years of living life as it should be!
      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Good morning! And a great big Thank You to Byrdie for 4 years of wisdom. You could very easily have left us and moved on but you're stayed right here in the nest, with LAV. Happy Anniversary!

Now, dumb questions. I know we've been over this SO many times but I don't remember being affected this way in the past, but I could be wrong. You can PM me if you want.

I AM SO TIRED! Just dragging, I can't possibly get enough sleep. I mean I'll sleep until 9 but then by 2 I need a nap and by 8:30 ready for bed. I am already on iron supplements for Iron deficiency but this is just unreal. Is this normal? Will this pass?
        The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Good morning

Byrdie - congratulations!!! I am so proud of you, and very thankful for all you have given MWO. I have only been here a short time but your stories and advice have been so valuable. Thank you. Enjoy your special day of lunch and a pedi - perfect treat.

BeachGirly

Comment

Brydie - congratulations on four years! And thank you so very much for everything you've done to help me reach one year this week. You are The Sage!
            Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Ms Byrd, us alkies are starting the party early as per usual. We all love a great party.

Like you with Lav, i realised if i left my ego and everything else at the door with regards to sobriety then it became a bit easier. I had to truly listen to what was said and i listened to you and Lav and NS and look where i am today. Without your help i truly would be still a drunk. A quick PM from you to say how proud you were, my name mentioned in a post, it kept me going when i didnt think i could do it.

I am so happy for your four years Byrd, you are a true treasure to the nest and a treasure to me.

Since it is the 20th January 2015 in Ausland it is officially your 4 years so happy birthday Byrd. Keep spreading those wings.

Overit just go with sleeping, your body is healing, let it do its job. If you are worried though go and see your doctor. I was bone tired and had shocking headaches for about 5 weeks now i dont sleep due to drinking coffee!.
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Checking in - in a struggle again, fighting all things instant gratification based. Starting to really feel the negative energy.

Comment

Just wanted to say I read Fin's link and really appreciated it. I especially appreciate the part about a higher power being dependent upon each person. I hope some day I can get to a meeting - I think I would appreciate the in-person support and friendship, even though I do get so much from you all.

Welcome back, Londoner. I hope you stick here a while.

Comment

Hi Nester's,

Hold on tight to the dream of freedom Londoner. See if you can get yourself out of your head for a bit. A walk, a movie, book, a friend? What about getting stuck into some reading in the toolbox? Take it easy friend.

Byrdy you are an absolute gem. Thank you and Happy birthday! G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

still sick, still tired, still sober
                      checking in and being accountable.
                      jenniech
                      12/28/14
                      serenity

Comment

Great work Jenniech!

Comment

Thanks, everyone! You did start the party early, but I love it! I had a great day today! It was really nice to go and do just what I wanted! The pedicure was a nice ending!

Londoner, great to see you! I can tell you that most of us have had that devil on our shoulder, knock him the hell off! Stay on top of this and you will be glad you did!

I am so grateful for all of you. This place is an amazing conglomeration of people. It was a good day when I googled 'How to stop Drinking' and found it.
                          Ironically, my date is inauguration day. I say YES to 4 more years!! Thanks to all! Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Had a great day with my daughter & granddaughter celebrating her birthday

Well would you look at my little fledgling Byrdie!!!
                            All grown up & 4 years AF :welldone:
                            I am very proud of you & happy for you! I wish you the very best :heartbeat:

Londoner, glad to see you. Check the ego at the door ~ the need for instant gratification is simply your ego talking, don't listen.

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

4 years is amazing Byrdie, I'm very happy for you
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Byrdie!!! Congratulations on 4 years!

Comment

Working...
                                X