Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good evening Nesters,

MR, do you have your stall decorated nicely? A green plant or two on your desk? Ha Ha!
    It's OK to be tired & cranky - just treat yourself well :hug:

Jennie, tomorrow is always better - keep the faith!

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest. It's snowing here

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hey Nesters.....took me ages reading back. I did not disappear....wrote the longest post yesterday and lost it! Was so cross....then thought about it. Things happen for a reason and maybe it wasn't the right time for what I had to say. Sometimes I feel I can jinx myself by being over-confident in how I feel in the moment. Sometimes I feel so happy to be sober that nothing can bring me down....I do know better than that though.
      Have been exhausted with little sleep this past few days....so much so that the 'look' was hungover! A better sleep last night helped.
      Anyways, a thank you is in order to the Newbies....for my 60 days....so far, so good.....thank you all!
      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

60 days, Daisy! WoooHoooo! You are about to pass your own record! So proud of you! Keep up the great work! :two: 2 big months!!!! Carry on! Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Thanks Byrdie! How many times? 89 days last time. Getting closer! Just need to get over that hump. I am very aware now that the word 'just' may make it sound like a simple task. It is more than that. As you know I have been a champion at self-sabotage.......who fecks up at 89 days? Could I not even have waited to 90? The goal for me now is to get to feel that 100 day feeling......I want to know what it's like.
          I want to find out if you lot were telling me the truth about how it is, not just at 90 and 100 and the rest, but the highs and lows and changes, surprises.....and there is only one way to find out.
          I am not worried about messing up but 'aware' of where things went wrong before.....the next few weeks I really need to be vigilant.
          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Good night nesters. Just checking in before heading home from a LONG day at work. AF and feeling great today.
            The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Matt - love your observation about 88 posts too.... (Did you plan that Resolve?) How very cool. If THAT's not the universe sayin' something...

I am so very tired tonight. I have misplaced a large check from a client and I'm freaking out about it. My pile-file system isn't being my friend right now. Feeling stressed and exhausted - a rotten combination. Earlier I came face to face with a thought of having a drink and "escaping". Husband got a beer and I found myself just looking at him with it, but only for a moment. Immediately told myself I had to change thoughts - look forward to sleep instead. So I am - and believe me when I say that I am sleeping in on Saturday!!

Night all.
              Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hiya, Nest:

Resolve - Sorry about your negative thoughts. If those people just spent four days with you, they've probably forgiven your transgression. I reckon many, many people have regrets of one kind or another about drinking at some point in their lives.

My problem was not quitting over and over again - it was not facing that I should quit. As a Bubble Hour host said that rang true for me - I was not in denial about drinking too much, I was in denial about what it was doing to me. I thought I was just losing some sleep and making an ass out of myself from time to time. Turns out it was affecting me and my life in so many other ways as well.

My favorite line was "I really have to cut back on my drinking so I don't have to quit forever." Hah. I also have flashes of thinking "I MUST be cured by now," but A) I know that is bullshit, and B) I don't want to drink even if I were cured. When I think through the drink and think about what alcohol did to me, I really don't want it, which is a big surprise to me.

Daisy - STICK CLOSE. That 89 days question is right - who DOES fall off at 89, so close to 90? The answer is, alcohol! Sneaky bastard.

I'm off to bed. So Happy Its Thursday.

xo
                Pav

Comment

Hi Nesters,
                  Great reading as usual here in the ol' Nest.
                  What a great group of people coming here to share themselves honestly, the ups and downs and in betweens.. I love it!

Resolve, I always enjoy reading your posts and get a lot from them personally. I remember your first clearly, the despair you felt, that I felt along with you as I read. I was still drinking at the time and I thought to myself, "What the f*** are you doing to yourself? WHY do you keep going back to this shit life?". I had a big cuss out session, I was so angry at myself for yet again, falling for the lie alcohol tells us if we listen. It still took me quite some time to get myself back here, but I've looked forward to your posts and am very proud of your 88 days and posts!

Daisy!!! I was about to go searching for you yesterday! But then decided you were allowed a busy day or 2.:happy2: But no more than that! Well done on 60 days, lady!! You're well on your way to 90, 100 days and beyond.. You're doing so well and I'm still following your lead. Eventually we all learn to change our ways any way we need to to stay on our paths.. as long as we never give up on ourselves.., right??

Rahul, Happy Sober Birthday! What an amazing feeling, isn't it? There's nothing better than being fully present for the hugs of our children.. Wishing you a magical year..

Pav, I had the same favourite line.. about having to cut back or I'd have to quit.. crazy.

Big shout out and hugs to Over-it and Matt and Jennie(enzo) and Londoner and Moss (I wish you could bring back your deleted post!) and Pav and Byrdie and Lav and NS and Kensho and Elvis everyone else checking in here today..

I woke up at 330 this morning, the former dreaded hour, and thanked god for my sobriety! I went to a film with a friend last night and I wasn't in any way worried about drinking (if I'm in any way worried these days, I skip the event!)-- everyone was drinking red wine and I was thinking, I'm so glad I'm not drinking .. I'm out late and I have to wake up early for work. As long as I don't drink, I can accomplish anything.! I have so much more time on my hands..
                  Last edited by lifechange; January 30, 2015, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Hey daisy = congrats on doing so well!! The longest I have ever gone is something like 104 days…..I made it a "goal" to reach 100 days and put all of my energy in that which was a big mistake. Once I reached this arbitrary goal I thought to myself wow, i can go 100 days without drinking so I must not be alcoholic!!! hahahahahaha was I ever wrong!!!! While 100 days is certainly something to be very proud of, I am NOT making IT or any other TIMEFRAME a goal…..My goal is to be free, in control and completely rid of AL from my life today. TOmorrow I hope for the same. This time, i am changing my lifestyle, I am not setting a goal and reaching it.
                    jenniech
                    12/28/14
                    serenity

Comment

Good morning Nesters & happy Friday to all!

It's all about snow in my portion of the nest these days ~ tiresome.

Daisy, Congrats on your 60 AF days! Keep going, never look back

Jennie, I hear more 'acceptance' coming from you & that's just what we need to succeed! Good for you!

Greetings to all & sending wishes for a wonderful AF Friday!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Happy Friday, fellow tree huggers!
                        The kidney stone passed last night, hallaloooyah. Now if I don't get hit by a truck between now and Monday's meeting, I'll be ok!

Tech friends....as I type on our new site here, I notice a yellow box that appears at the bottom right that says, Auto-Save. The other day I lost a post and MIRACULOUSLY found it but I couldn't tell you how. It is saving the posts somewhere!!! When I get some time I will have to do a test or two on that...when I found it, there was a box in the lower left of this window that said Restore Auto Save. Voila! It worked! I hope we can crack the code of the LOST POSTS, there's just nothing more frustrating that spilling your guts and then having them disappear....POOF!

Pav, I swear, your posts are just golden these days....how true is it to look back and say, EVEN if I could drink, I wouldn't....it just was bad in every way. THAT is freedom. Thank you for that gem!

As Available would say, TFIF (Thank Fate It's Friday?) eheheheh. It's only Friday, NOT a ticket to BoozeVille! Yes, you CAN enjoy a Super Bowl game without beer!! Just ACT stupid!! Hugs to all, off to a webinar! Happy Friday! Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Originally posted by enzo'smom View Post
                          …..I made it a "goal" to reach 100 days and put all of my energy in that which was a big mistake. Once I reached this arbitrary goal I thought to myself wow, i can go 100 days without drinking so I must not be alcoholic!!! hahahahahaha was I ever wrong!!!! While 100 days is certainly something to be very proud of, I am NOT making IT or any other TIMEFRAME a goal…..My goal is to be free, in control and completely rid of AL from my life today. TOmorrow I hope for the same. This time, i am changing my lifestyle, I am not setting a goal and reaching it.
                          Couldn't have said it better. That is why I have a love/hate relationship with roll call and counting my days. Because when I got somewhere I would say "now what?" I just want it to be the norm. Non Alcoholics don't count their days since their last drink, it doesn't even dawn on them to do that.

Anyway, checking in. Early day at work today. Have a great NF day.

Comment

Byrdie, ARGH! I hope you are feeling much better! New show for you, 'The Americans'

Rahul, A belated happy birthday to one of my favorite MWO family members! One day at a time can make time seem to pass slowly (especially on the challenging days). The long view back (of how much time has passed) is so disproportionate. Like a gust of wind! So glad for your friendship, presence and to be on a team with you.

Congrats on 60 days Daisy!

Wishing everyone a great weekend. xoxo
                            AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Hi Rahul, Happy Birthday!

Comment

Good job on 60 days Daisy!
                                11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Working...
                                X