Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Nora,

I agree with all of that - except I'm not so keen on the Coke for brekkie anymore. Drinking Coke in the morning was a sure sign of a hangover.

You're right - read and post. Also, no question is stupid. I have asked lots through open forum and PM (private messaging) and have always received good answers and wonderful support.

I also do the copy and paste thing. If you write a long post, it's likely that you have been logged out before you have finished. Always copy before you post in case it's lost.

Spam xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

There are about 28-30 units in a standard size bottle of vodka...which was my tipple,which ultimately made me topple!!!

Thanks for the welcomes-this is going totake abit of getting used to though-having said that we are all in the same boat,just at different stages. 90 days is a good achievment i know that but iam having some heavy duty wobbles at the moment and terrified that i will slip back. Im not sure what has bought this on.
      Not quite a swan= one step up from an ugly duckling.Yup iam suffering from a real dose of low self esteem.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone,

Wow! the nest is busy again. Wishing you all a good day/evening and from the looks at the post, it's going to be a good one! I'll be back later To catch up on my posting.
        runningwind
        The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Spam - I always had my coke even before my drinking career. So, now - it just seems normal. Not a terrible need for that dry mouth. :H

NQ Swan - I was looking back thru a journal that I have been posting in since I started this long journey. I understand what you are talking about. And I can assure you. I do UNDERSTAND. Low self esteem. I was just briefly picking passages to read. I guess to see if I have shown any improvement. So, I want you to know that you are definitely not alone. Please be sure to read & post and read & post and read & post. You are always going to be met with supportive arms here. It is amazing. That is what really hit me this morning as I was looking at that journal. There are people here that do understand and that have been there and that continue to be there.

Ok - I really have got to go!!!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!!
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Reply to NormaC

I was reading the posts and had some comments but of course I've forgotten them by now. :H How about you Runningwind? Are you anymore awake than I am? I am going to try to get some sleep. Good thing that tomorrow is Friday.

NoraC, Ditto! I just could not keep my eyes open to post but maybe thats a good thing because I got one heck of a good-night sleep! How did you sleep? Thanks for the breakfast and the tips for today. Talk to you soon.
            runningwind :l
            The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Newbies Nest

I give up!! Mazzie I've tried heaps and still everything has disappeared when I get back to my post. I am not the most computer literate person in the whole world!!!!
              Anyway it makes me try to remember who said what but I know I forget heaps so don't anyone be cross if I forget stuff!
              First off LAV:yay::yay::yay:One year is FANTASTIC, I envy you soooooo much, you and people like you are the reason that so many of us are succeeding here, you are selfless and kind - you must sometimes get pissed off picking us up off the ground!!!!
              Now I've spent so long on all that I've forgotten EVERYTHING thats gone before ( still muddled drink brain I guess). I'm planning on putting my AF date up as well (when I can work that out) certainly another disincentive to drink - will feel like a right plank having to keep changing the date!!
              So goodday to everyone here, will post this then read back again and post again.............jeez I'm tired even thinkin about it!!
              Oh KatieB hope the birthday went great!
              Molly
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

By George I've got it!! (I think) I went to 'Advanced post' before typing and it seemed to work.Thanks Mazzie
                Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry, me again!
                  Welcome NQ Swan. 90 days is brill! I reckon those wobbly weak moments are probably ahead of us all for the rest of our lives, just probably getting weaker, if you feel vulnerable just remember the 90 days and how you'd feel being on day 1 again! Like you vodka was my main tipple, followed by wine and pretty much anything else available. 200 units? If I'm truthful by the end I was probably at that mark myself actually probably much more, a bottle of vodka a day and then my 'social drinking' the vodka was in my cupboard owwwww I hate even thinking about it! Anyway welcome and do keep posting:welcome:
                  Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Everyone!

Tranq/hippy/Mazzie- Thanks so much for your kind words and support! I am on Day 3 and feeling a little more positive then the past few days, just trying to keep it going. I am a little nervous about the weekend but I have lined up a few things with my daughter to keep me busy.

Happy Friday everyone!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

mollyka;828387 wrote: I'm planning on putting my AF date up as well (when I can work that out) certainly another disincentive to drink - will feel like a right plank having to keep changing the date!!

Molly
                      OMG - I just LOVE that expression: "Feel like a right plank." I'm going to start tossing it into casual conversation wherever possible! (And fortunately - or unfortunately there are dozens and dozens of situations where it will be completely appropriate for me to say just that!
                      Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Delighted to oblige Coco - I think its down to my Shakespearian background ha ha!!!
                        Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone!

Here ya go chooks:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_of_alcohol_(UK)

Spirits
                          Most spirits sold in the UK have 40% abv or slightly less. A single pub measure (about 25 ml) of such a spirit contains one unit. However, a larger single measure of 35 ml is now often sold, resulting in the consumption of 1.4 units of alcohol.

Lav - Vice President huh. You already know my conditions on that - I have to live in the Southern Hemisphere for half of each year! You might have to amend the constitution for me. By the way -- you should be happy. You're my hero!

Hi Not Quite a Swan. 90 days is fabulous! I have had self-esteem issues as well. I thought al was to blame, but I'm finding that reducing or eliminating al's influence still leaves real-life to deal with. Like someone said, just changing what's in your glass is only the begginning. Hang in there - you already know how to stay tough.

Coco-you-nut. Penguin tail between the legs? Ha! Actually I think you'd look pretty good in dreadlocks! I've seen a lot of Jamaican people waddle too.

A big hello and welcome to everyone and all the newbies!

Take care all.
                          tw
                          Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Gosh, I'm exhausted..........all this partying can really wear you out :H

I hope everyone had a good day, I know I did! Thank you to everyone for helping me to celebrate my 1 year of freedom. I hope to be here to help all of you celebrate yours

Let's all keep moving forward, together in one great big, huge group!
                            Together we will kick AL's a$$!

VP Tranq - you may run your office from any golf course on the planet. Just stay in touch by phone, email, fax, whatever :H

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest - the night light is on.
                            :h Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavende, I second the vote for you for President and TranqWilly for Vice President! It sounds like you have found the peace to continue your journey. Thank-you again for being such a positive example.

rived, :goodjob: on 1 week tomorrow. I could not have watched some else drink. How did you do that?

chickennumber3, :goodjob: on day 4 AF. You all have fun the next 2 days and let us know what yall did!....

TranqWilly, Your post sounds good but how are you?

Mollyka, I feel for you with the computers, I'am having a time with them myself!:bananacomputer:

NoraC, I see you had breakfast ready for us again, thank-you. Have you started to get some sleep now? I hope so.

not quite a swan, :colorwelcome: I hope I get to know you.

Hippy Chick, how are you doing, your post sound upbeat!

sick of being sick, I hope all is going well with your visit!

Coco-Nut; as always ,I love your post.

Mazzie, my computer went down also last night I wander in some way it was connected...
                              :goodjob: on a whole month AF I can't wait till I can say that!

Spam, Great job on everything you have accomplished;your AF days plus finding the roots to your addictions.

Excuses, :goodjob: on day 3 AF!

Mama bear, how are you? I hope everything with your work will pan out.
                              Wishing you all a good nights sleep,
                              runningwind

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Evening/Morning Everyone-such a busy nest and how wonderful!!
                                I want to take this opportunity to say a huge THANK YOU!! to Lavande for being such an inspiration to us all. And also a great big HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! :wd::goodtime: Sorry I've come to the party so late but had to pick up a special gift for my kitties and set it up. Hope they like it!!
                                Not Quite a Swan: Please continue to read and post. Everyone is so nice here and there is no way I could have gotten to where I am now with out these great peeps. I've tried many times to either quit or cut down on my drinking and couldn't do it alone. Now I know I can do whatever I want!! They are the only ones who know my little secrets (and guess what? those secrets are pretty much not unique around here!!) and accept me anyway. I guarantee your self esteem will rocket as you get to know everyone.

Hey Katie B-Hope this weekend is all you hope for. I think the Aquarium sounds awesome-just wish i wasn't half a world away as I'd love to see this one. Can't wait to hear how your son likes it!! Hope you have a great birthday (had?) :bday3: and hang in there with the hearing coming up. I just have to believe it will go just fine-you are so sweet and open and it's obvious you love your son very much. Just keep going down the road you're on (sans too much valium) and you'll be fine. fingers crossed. :fingers::

Well folks, I'm fading fast and hoping this is the night I finally sleep full and deep.
                                See you all tomorrow!!
                                New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                                X