Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Night night Spam yeah clocks went forward Sat night, lost another hour of non-sleep!! What brought you to OZ? We debated going many moons ago but got caught up with my Mum and small children and chickened out, have regretted it from time to time ever since - still as Dorothy said 'there's no place like home, there's no place like home...........'
    Sorry about the knee, we have a programme just finished here on tele 'Dancing on Ice' - I so wanted to be one of them!!
    Sleep well and Trucker you too, have a nice day!
    Molly
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning and Evening All!
      I don't know Molly-I kind of get a kick out of the fact that we are from all over the world and on different time zones!! I think it's so cool that while I'm writing this, some of our friends are almost into tomorrow!! But yes, it would save on the typeing and remembering LOL!!
      Forgot who asked but PG is Pino Grigio-the only wine I DRANK (past tense whoo ya!!)the past 12 years or so. My sister is a big PG drinker too and we could go through 2 of the 1.5 liters in an evening just the 2 of us. I noticed last nite she stuck to red and only had a couple of glasses. hope she stopped there after everyone left.
      Anyway, cold rainy and absolutely miserable here in New England. Don't want to leave the nest and go into work but must. No more sick days for me!!
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

With you there Papmom heading to work now on a late shift. PG another new abbreviation for me, with my new AF state can't think how to throw that one into conversation!!
        C U later after work
        Molly
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Molly,

Hubby was offered a transfer out here 5 years ago. Our son was 6 then so we thought we had nothing to lose. We've just passed our Citizenship test and now waiting to hear when the ceremony is. Then we'll have dual nationality.

I never felt I fitted in in the UK but straight away I felt at home here. It's more family / friend orientated and less materialistic. People work to live here not live to work.

Spam xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

So Spam you must be a Possie now (Pommie Aussie!).
            Pap - I'm with you. I love talking to people all over the world and trying to work out where they are and what time it would be.
            You guys are waiting on some spring weather and I am waiting on the cool weather. Have had enough of warmth and want to get my uggies out. Spam you have got probably the best climate in Australia although I guess it would get a bit humid in summer. I got married in Brisbane, well Noosa actually.
            I'm bored. My husband is working on his new business, the kids are watching Hannah Montana and I am fed up with reading.
            Well I am going to be bored somewhere else so I dont bore you.
            Night all.
            HC
            I finally got it!
            "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

8:30 AM in these parts with rain, cool temps & lots of fog! Not even close to a lovely Spring Day!

Glad you did OK Katie! We'll all be with you when you go back to court in 2 months

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Monday!
              I'll be back later

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

The penguin is down...

Mollyka - I very much wanted to say "I feel like a right plank," but not under these circumstances. I blew my 15 day record on the weekend - have to go and change my date now... (Head hung low)

Someone please grab onto my flipper and pull me back into the nest. We penguins are unused to nests above ground and our flying skills are poor (particularly when under the weather).

(Bad) Coco Attached files [img]/converted_files/1190637=5558-attachment.jpg[/img]
                Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Come on Coco....my feathers/fingers are outstreatched....climb back in hunny.....but brush your teeth first....
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

mama bear;829955 wrote: Come on Coco....my feathers/fingers are outstreatched....climb back in hunny.....but brush your teeth first....
                    Haven't got any teeth, Mama, just this big BEAK!! Thanks for the hand! I'll try not to fall out again...
                    Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, nesters! I'm back from my weekend in MN, with sobriety intact! I had a blast with our nephew (11 years old)- we went ice skating at an ice arena in the area. I haven't been on skates since I was fourteen, but I quickly adapted and didn't get off the ice until the zamboni came out...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Coco-Nut;829943 wrote:
                        Someone please grab onto my flipper and pull me back into the nest. We penguins are unused to nests above ground and our flying skills are poor (particularly when under the weather).

(Bad) Coco
                        Here's a hand out to your flipper...welcome back into the nest...

Comment

Newbies Nest

quack quack coco. ill grab your flippers with my beak and drag you back.... above the AL. just remember how disappointed you feel now next time you want a drink. you did 15 days so you can do it again... and more. im floating on the water but still paddling like hell underneath it. ill send out a rescue boat to bring you back onto DRY land x
                          Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                          Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Newbies Nest

spuddleduck;829961 wrote: quack quack coco. ill grab your flippers with my beak and drag you back.... above the AL. just remember how disappointed you feel now next time you want a drink. you did 15 days so you can do it again... and more. im floating on the water but still paddling like hell underneath it. ill send out a rescue boat to bring you back onto DRY land x
                            Thanks Spuds - we feathered folk have to stick together!
                            Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

fennel;829960 wrote: Here's a hand out to your flipper...welcome back into the nest...
                              Thanks to you too, Fennel - the more hands the better!
                              Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Coco,

A fall from the nest is not unusual, it happens!
                                But the important thing is the lesson learned. I think maybe we need to install some seatbelts in the nest - what do you think?

Fennel, good for you on your succesful weekend!

Let's work together & keep this nest filled
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X