No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick check in, from work, luckily so far it has been pretty quiet.

I See several old~new faces checking in with another day one. I sincerely hope for all that this will be the end of the insanity train.

Stay Hard!
    HE IS RISEN!
    AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

It is great to see people coming back, ready to get this done! Just think - by the time summer begins, you could be pretty secure in your quits and that is such a great feeling!

Maybe you could think about (and even share):
      What went wrong?
      How can I avoid that trap in the future?
      Which tools worked for me and which didn't?
      What am I going to add to my plan so I can succeed?

I just know you're all sick of the cycle - and it gets more painful every time. But, truly, this can be the last time! Make the commitment that NO MATTER WHAT, you won't choose to drink. It is always a choice. You really do have the power. As long as you don't drink, you're in charge and believe me, that is not the high cost that it might seem. The freedom is priceless.

Please let us know how we can best help you - NS

Comment

Morning nesters

Well i am sure i gained 90 kgs from chocolate but i love chocolate and as long as it was not al then life is good.

Welcome all that have come back. there has been some interesting conversations on being accountable this last week and one of the main topics was support and accountability. Fin and Daisy you guys both know if you wander from here the road is downhill and yet you both do it. Why? Why when something works and makes you accountable do you ignore it? What will you do differently this time? Do you need other help other than mwo? I note the same people who really really really want this log in daily, twice daily or more. We were in a routine to drink and never denied ourselves that so called pleasure so why not get into a routine to post here. Sure as shit, if someone wanders off in their early quit they are back to drinking. Sure as shit if someone logs on here each and every day they arent drinking! Sure as shit if i go off for any long period the chances are i am probably drinking so sure as shit i glue myself to here.

This time last year i was preparing for a trip to thailand, i was in my early quit and i was scared, petrified actually. the last thing i wanted to do was drink but i knew i was vulnerable. I asked and received every bit of advice under the sun but i was still so scared. i had not told my mother that i had stopped drinking and i knew she would not respond well, i knew that everywhere i went there would be al, i knew i had to pull everything i had out to survive. I spent $30 on internet for 24 hours, i logged on here before i went out and i was on here probably more than i should have been, BUT i won! Al didnt and al wont. My mother asked if i was on dating sites (ha ha) but i was on here (which i did not tell her at the time), MWO was my AA but i didnt have to leave my room. I so wanted to get off the merry go round of hell that i was on and i dont regret one single minute of protecting my quit because in 2 weeks time i am off to do the same holiday and i am 16 months sober. When i come back i will be 17 months sober.

As of today i have not poured 1000 bottles of wine down my throat, give or take a few and yes its been hard and yes i struggle sometimes still but i still log on here as soon as i wake up and before i go to sleep.

We all wrote the book on excuses to drink, sign off today and give it your all. I now have a book of excuses on getting out of housework and its getting longer and longer.

Happy Easter xx
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

I probably could do with extra help but for me it is not an option, so it is here. I do need to dedicate that time morning and night. Listening to the bubble hour today opened my eyes to a lot of things. I thought I was doing it right, but in reality things were slipping weeks before that first drink. I couldn't see it at the time.
          I see what you are saying....noone is more sick of this than me....I want this to be done...today!
          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

This is it....I am self-destructing continuously. More rock bottoms than I can count. I am making a promise to you guys and to myself to pull out all the stops here...no matter what! I have a week off work and intend to use it to my advantage.
            I am setting myself a timetable for next week with time set aside for reading and posting and the bubble hour.
            Time to quit the bullshit and get real. I know I can't do this alone but I also know I need to do better.

Comment

What is the bubble hour?

Comment

Glad to see so many folks back in the nest. It's a good place to be. I can attest to that.

It was a happy, yet odd Easter, as I had anticipated. My sons were in high spirits. It was nice to see them so happy. My brother was there. He is not well. He was complaining of a sore throat. That's a terrible sign. My mom said that she thinks the cancer is back, and if so, there is nothing to be done. His girlfriend is calling the doctor tomorrow and I will give you all an update when I know something. My nephew was there and he had plenty to say about the situation at home. It's a mess. My SIL is using cancer as a shield to keep us all away. I feel so bad for him. Both of his parents are battling cancer and are very ill. But I saw him laugh tonight a few times, and that made me happy. All and all, we had a good time in spite of all the bad things, so I am grateful.
                Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

pipe, welcome back!
                  Here's a link to the Bubble hour podcasts: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bubblehour
                  A lot of folks are using the talks to help them get & stay sober.

Daisy, keep repeating to yourself what you just posted above - 'time to quit the bullshit & get real'
                  We are here everyday, you should be as well.

Fin & Mr V, glad you are both back. Stick around & get real with the rest of us!

I had another fun dinner with two over-sugared grandsons, ha ha!! Love them to pieces but glad they went home!!!!

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest! Apply Velcro & nest belts as needed!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello nesters old and new!

Doing well here, AL-wise. Went on a 9 mile hike this morning and although I am in pretty good shape, it was a challenge, and I guess I pulled something behind my left knee, because it hurts and I am limping! It was worth it though. Who would have thought I would get up at 6 on a holiday Sunday to hike!! Not sure how soon I will try this again though lol. Completely committed to not drinking. Still tough in the marriage department but all I can do is stay sober and hope for the best. Watching my eating as making sure I eat in late afternoon is a huge key to my killing the craving.

Newbies and returnees, please realize how much you risk losing by drinking. I am fighting tooth and nail to save my marriage. Just read back a few days worth of posts and you can read about the awful pain I have been in. I really truly had no idea. Stick around, stay close, and listen to the ones with the longest success.

Night all

Comment

Good stuff Hanna.

Played a great gig last night with my band. I am reflecting today on the power of my sobriety. The power I have taken back. Sometimes during this journey it can be hard to step back and see my progress to freedom. Well, not hard, but I can get caught up in myself a little as I focus on just simply not drinking. Now I am getting a taste and feel for focussing on what I enjoy and want - who I am/can be. If I wasn't living sober, last nights gig probably would've been ok, even good in parts, but nowhere near as magical as it felt for me.

Living Sober is Bad ass.

Take it easy, G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by piper123 View Post
                        What is the bubble hour?
                        I googled 'The Hour podcasts on drinking', (thanks to Eloise) then downloaded the app. They are talks on every aspect of getting and staying sober. People who have been there and done it.

Comment

Thank you daisy! I looked it up and don't know where to start they all look so good! One thing I am doing this time is aa. I know it has its flaws but I have isolated myself and really need in person and texting support right now. I have found a very supportive positive group so I am reaching out. I also listen to a couple video meetings on in the rooms.

I have also been following recovery 2.0 they had a free weeklong very inspiring workshop that was awesome. Of course it's no longer free, but it opened my eyes to how 12 steps can help with recovery after sober.
                          Last edited by piper123; April 5, 2015, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Hi, Everyone:

Welcome back to the quitruplets - so glad you're all back. Stick close and let us help. No Internet? Nearly every coffee shop in the universe has free wifi these days - pop into a Starbuck's and give us 15 minutes. I like NoSugar's questions - any ideas? Even if you don't answer them here, answer them for yourselves. Maybe this would be a good time to dig up the Relapse in Retrospect thread, NS. That always helps me when my mind wanders to hazy days.

Easter - sober. Twice in a row. Whoot. It is a big deal to me because we have a giant picnic for Easter and there is ALWAYS booze. I always regretted how I felt the Monday after Easter. One time we went straight from the picnic to a friend's birthday party - and I made an ass of myself by being too drunk. So good to remember that and be grateful that that NEVER will happen to me again. PHEW.

Nine miles is great, Hanna. Too bad you don't live close to me - I love hiking. My sister joined a group and met a lot of great people through it. Glad you had fun.

I LOVE the Bubble Hour. I heard NS talk about it and finally listened one time and was hooked. I listen on those aforementioned hikes - alone time, sobriety focus, and exercise all rolled into one. I highly recommend. (I download them through the podcast app on my iPhone).

Happy SOBER Sunday, folks.

xo
                            Pav

Comment

Good morning Nesters & happy Monday to all, haha!
                              Monday's aren't so bad with a clear head, am I right or what??

I hear it's heading up to a very pleasant 70 degrees today - yay! I am picking up my grandsons at noon so they can play outside today & leave my house alone for a change!

Wishing everyone a great AF day, make it a good one

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning Nesters! I know the weekend was hard on a few, first there were 3, then 4, then 5.... I guess quintuplets is the best word for it.... When Bubba and I got home last night from the in-laws, I was in a bit of a solemn mood, reflecting on my 3 slips, especially the last one, the one I almost died from. I wanted to say something, something that would be of help, but I couldn't come up with any words to describe how important we are to each other. I did a post in one of the other threads, and this morning, I'd like to share some of it...

Wow, surfing through the Nest and Roll Call, seems like yesterday was a bad day for more than a few! I know we've all been there, how many times, but it's still hard to read about someone's relapse/slip. I guess that's what happens when you get to feeling like family around here, their hurt is my hurt, their pain is my pain. All one can do is help them back up and encourage them to stick with it! I have gained so many new, great friends on this thread and have learned that this is what support is all about, progression rather than perfectionism!

Stay strong my friends, we'll all help each other protect our quits!
                                And now there are five of you all sharing the same Day 1, I can't think of a better situation to have all the support you need to make this your last quit. Lean on each other when you need it, make a commitment to each other to get through this together, and be there for each other.. Start your own thread, go there everyday, without excuse, and check in with each other! I'm sure that the rest of us will leave your thread just to you five, but share with the rest of us your struggles and triumphs on the normal threads, we will be here to help and support as well!
                                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X