No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr G, woo hoo to you on 100 days. Feel proud today, i am proud of you. I have never met someone who persistently and doggedly pounds away at being af. You are my champion.

London, my son was suffered ADHD when he was young, no friends, ostracized as he was different. He turned to speed and cocaine and then finally ICE which he has been clean of for 2 years. It was up to him to get off the cycle, i could not do it for him, it was him and only him that could make the choice to make the best of his life or to kill himself with what he was doing. ICE made him a recluse, made him suffer terrible anxiety, depression and the list went on and on. Only now after two years has he met the most beautiful girl, he has started going out, he is moving on. 2 years London to get to where he is now. He has grown so much in those two years that it is wonderful to see. He is 26 and it was a tough journey and i can imagine some days it still is but he is a survivor just like you can be.

I never dreamt my life could be so different when i gave up drinking and it wasnt for a long time but now it is. Its better than i ever thought possible, i can do whatever the feck i want and i know that if i drank i would be in the pit of misery every single bloody day of my life. I saw no escape or freedom from al when i drank, i saw no future, now i know that i am free and i fucking love it.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi, All;

Matt - some pretty sensitive posts today from a hard as nails paramedic from North Texas. Proof that inner peace isn't reserved for us left coast hippies.

Londoner - I am glad you came back from help. I have to agree with Matt - it is called denial. You're not denying a problem but maybe its cause? It's effect? Everyone has an excuse. I am not saying it is easy - we are all proof it is not. I did not get sober when I was young - maybe you could find a younger sober group and see that there are cool, normal funny people who also happen to be sober.

Dutch - 30 is speldiferous.

G - 100 Is fan-fecking-tastic. So great to hear your pearls of wisdom and peace, too.

I have to run as dinner is ready. Keep it real, nest.

Pav

Comment

I am gutted, my friend Robert had a PET scan and is riddled with cancer, he has months to live. Why, why, why does this happen to such beautiful people. I would like a nice quiet cave to lose it in for today.
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Linda, I am so sorry, I hurt for you my friend. Hang in there
          AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Congratulations Mister G! :hug:
            image.jpg
            AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Mr G
              Saltylvl100.jpg

Available, I am so sorry about Robert. Hugs to you and very best thoughts and prayers to him.

Night Everyone. I am pooped!
              "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Ava - I am very sorry to hear about your friend. That is so hard. Take care of yourself, OK?

Comment

Thanks for the good wishes my friends. Much appreciated and valued.

Ava, sorry to hear this news of Robert. Cancer is just so damn commonplace these days. I don't know why it takes too many good people too often. Look after yourself my friend.

Plenty of extra butt Velcro here if anyone needs it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Ava, it is a tough one. I remember having to tell my dad there was nothing more that could be done for him. We worried about telling him in case he gave up. That did not happen. A peace came over him very quickly and he quietly went through his last couple of months. It was a special time. I hope Robert finds that peace. Hugs to you.x
                    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Good morning Nesters,

We've got another dark & damp day starting here, oh well. Nothing like the tornado damage happening in the Midwest that I see on the news. Take care if you live in the heartland.

Ava, I'm very sorry to hear about Robert. You have been such a good friend to him. He will need your love & support on the final steps of his journey so please take care of yourself now :hug:

Wishing everyone a good AF Thursday!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Listening to bubble hour with speaker Kirsty who tells her full story....a great one to take us from how she started to getting to 7 months sober and how she used her tools and other people in recovery.
                        I am finding these talks so helpful....to hear people actually speaking makes it so real.
                        Day 5 for me and feeling better each day. As much as I say I accepted how things were in the past, I now know I hadn't.....I would always believe that there was a place for drinking in the future.....there is no place!
                        I am not letting this one go! 'A slow suicide' is one of the descriptions I listened to today. Does that make me think!? What a fool!
                        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Morning, Nesters!
                          Ava, my heart goes out to you and Robert. Last June, my childhood friend was diagnosed with thyroid cancer and in 6 short weeks, she was gone. It was such a difficult thing to watch...trying to give support when I needed myself. What do you say to the person who is facing such a thing? How do we accept it? She had such grace and dignity during it all...she never asked "Why Me?" Never felt sorry for herself, she fought as long and hard as she could. I miss her terribly. I know her last weeks on Earth was full of horrendous panic and dread. My sister and I were by her side until the end and I can say I have no regrets. I could have not done any more. Neither can you...this one is beyond any control we have. Offer your shoulder and your hands to his...that's all you can do. Thinking of you constantly dear lady....Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Morning.
                            The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Which episode is it? I had to stop listening to some of them. It's probably me, but if someone says you are going to feel like this and that for up to two years I'll tend to experience those feeling and such instead of just going with what comes naturally. I am looking for symptoms I don't have? Does that make sense?

Comment

Available, I am so sorry to hear about your friend ((hugs)). Cancer just SUCKS.

I am continuing strong in my quit, but just feeling very, very down. Emotions are all over the place. Just trying to take life a minute at a time right now. Glad to be able to come here and cuddle up in a nest. It's a nice image to keep in my head.

Have a great day.

Comment

Working...
                                X