Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

:welcome::welcome: hi lonely gal. glad you have found us. we are all looking out for you. this is a great place for support and advice through your ups and downs. i found this site just over a month ago and am happy to say i havent had a drink since. it may be hard at first but it is worth it. keep reading and posting and let us know how you are getting on
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Newbies Nest

lonley gal;832026 wrote: Im starting out today. Its the first time Ive admitted to myself I have a terrible problem.
      I cant belive Ive found this site, someone must be watching out for me.
      I'm glad you're here. I found this site purely by accident! It's been a real god-send. :welcome:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Spam;831996 wrote: A good day here in the Spam household. Out this morning at an Easter festival, a bit of time on the beach then home for a relax this arvo.

No thoughts of AL this evening. I have rediscovered my pregnancy drink - grapefruit juice and soda. Very yummy and certainly not sweet. (Unfortunately, I forgot to stop drinking this when I was breast feeding. Poor son did not have a good tummy! But that was along time ago.)

Lav - The country dreams sound great. I suggested to hubby today that we sell up and go off in a campervan!

Hope everyone is having a safe Friday. Catch up soon.

Spam xx
        LOL @ the "Spam" household! Spam, you sound like my partner. She's always suggesting that we sell "Fennel Manor" and travel across the country, living out of my S.U.V. :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Another sunny day here - yes!!!

Hi & welcome lonely gal! Please find yourself a comfy twig & settle right in with us We're a friendly, supportive bunch!

HC - we have the chooks, two large dogs that roam around at will, our neigbor has some sheep (they make the strangest noises). Directly across the road from us is a small horse breeding farm - love to see the little ones out romping around! There is a rather large cattle operation down at the end of our road - so I am surrounded by four legged neighbors Talk about a change of scenery!!!

Chook - happy Easter to you too! Hope you are well.

Greetings Tranq, Spam & spud - hope you all have some good weekend plans! I never saw Easter as a time to drink so hopefully we will all be well

Heading out for some fresh air & chores, be back later!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning fennel - cross posted
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;831829 wrote: 7 pm here Nesters, such a nice day

Fennel, your neighbor's chicken coop sounds very cool What we did is buy an Amish built shed, had them install a hatch so the girls can go out into their fenced area as they please. We divided the shed to use half for storage & the other half for living quarters for the girls. We installed homemade nest boxes & a roost. Not bad for a couple of life long city folk :H

Lav
              That set-up sounds so cool, Lav...when Mrs. Fennel and I move out into the hinterlands, we're going to have chickens. Do you have any problems with critters trying to infiltrate the coop and pen, or are the girls relatively safe?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;832034 wrote: Good morning fennel - cross posted
                It's getting to be a habit! :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

I just wanted to let my fellow nesters know that I just finished reading a fantastic book last night..."Drunkard", by Neil Steinberg. He's a columnist for the Chicago Sun-Times who recounts his journey to sobriety. It was the most riveting thing I've read in ages. I strongly recommend it!

Comment

Newbies Nest

spuddleduck;832007 wrote: spam, grapefuit and soda sound yummy
                    It must be an acquired taste. Do you mix them in a blender? Sort of a brown, greasy, citrus drink?

Just kidding - couldn't help myself!!!

Have day 2 of the April Challenge!
                    Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yea DancingOn-I'm so glad your furkid is feeling better!! Well, your vet is more up on things than the vet I took my kitty too those years ago. It was up to me to figure out what might be poisoning him!! Anyway, some easy ways to prevent seizures if poison related: high quality pet food without preservatives (that knocks out the supermarket brands right there), natural cleaning products, regular meals and don't use slug bait!! I didn't even know there was any such thing. I always used beer sunk in the ground.
                      You are so lucky to have a beach near you that lets the pups run free. Sometimes I really want to move to Cape Cod or Maine and live on the water but I just can't bear to leave my family right now (siblings, nephews/neice and elderly but still going strong dad). Enjoy your day and weekend!!
                      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lav: Oh, Swissys are great that way!! I wish my paps had herding instincts but nope, they are all prey driven big time LOL!! You should get a movie of your Swissy doing that and post it!!

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Feeling really blue today for goodreason. Work is not going well and I'm up for review. My boss and I don't see eye to eye on many things and he has a habit of stomping out of the room with a huff if you dare to ask a question or don't immediately just do what he wants you to do, even if you don't understand the request. he's a big baby that way. Well, he hasn't spoken to me for 3 weeks since our last conversation where he stomped out. I do do my work but it isn't fulfilling. I applied for another job for much more money that is more up my alley but haven't heard anything. They are notoriously slow with their hiring process so I am trying to be patient. It's a gorgeous day here and all I want to do is be home working in the yard. I have an appointment with my MD next Wed and I am definitely going to ask her about Topomax (not sure I need it) and some sleep meds. This insomnia is getting very old. I'm sure I'll pull out of this funk once I leave here at 3pm and head to the mall to get my new glasses and find an Easter outfit but for the time being I'm pretty miserable.

Sounds like everyone one else is doing great. Big welcome to Lonely Girl-you will love it here in the nest!! Where else can you tell someone your innermost drinking secrets or vent about being blue or having cravings? No one else understands but we do!!

Have a great day/evening everyone!!

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I must say, your stories are inspiring me. Im trying to get through today. Im a lonely single mother whose drinking got out of control. I dont relly know anyone in my area, so I got very isolated after my partner left me for another woman.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lonleygal, welcome to the nest:l
                              You will make lots of friends here so you need never feel alone. Well done on taking the first brave step.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone,
                                I've never posted in the Nest before, but I'm definitely a newbie and love all the support and advice given on this site. Hope everybody is having a great day! :h
                                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                                X