Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KENSHO View Post
    "Make a list of all the things you love to do - and try to do them as often as possible".
    Have a great day everyone!
    Great concept and thanks for the idea!! I never really think of what I might love to do just kind of ramble around and do stuff. I do and always have loved the freedom of bicycle riding and so have done that for years and truly love the freedom & accomplishment I feel from riding. Spring is here and I am about to get back to riding. But with this quote in mind I am going to make a list. I know there are many other things I love but just never thought of it in this light, thanks again.
    ~ Day 34 here & feeling good about quitting ~ Happy AF Monday everyone

Comment

Originally posted by kherriot View Post
      Day 4 AF, I no that is not a big deal but like everyone says "one day at a time" Just wish I could get rid of my black eye.
      kherriot- Any day or everyday that we do not succumb to this addiction is a big deal, don't discredit yourself. I think taking a picture of the black eye is a great idea. Like others have said, it is amazing how fast we can be conned into forgetting our miseries. my darkest days have become my greatest asset in maintaining my quit. Be grateful for every day you do not drink and keep coming back. We are glad you are here!

Kensho, Lav blue, Lil,- Digging the positive vibes and plans of Action, I woke up a bit pissy this morning, it was nice to log in and read, helped re-start my day!

So for today Matt-1 World-ZERO!

Lav- You have been preaching gratitude as far back as I can read and remember. This one, small word is oh so Powerful, This last week I have really focused on What I have left in my life and what I have to look forward to with peaceful sober living, NOT what all I lost and shit on due to my addiction. We cannot forget the past nor wished to dwell on it..

I have been so fortunate to have learned some Australian "slang" Ava refered to me as a "cheeky Sod" in redneck that is a Smart ass...Of course I may have been referred as this before. cheeky sod sounds so much nicer...

Since we are on language or Accents
      With your best British accent say " Beer Can" now you have just said Bacon with a Jamaican accent...:welldone:

Stay Hard Freaks
      AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

7:30 pm & I'm still watching my grandsons - long day!
        Just to make things interesting we have had a tornado watch posted until 10 pm tonight ~ swell.

Matt, you are a smart ass but a very nice one, Ha Ha!!!
        We thoroughly enjoy your presence here, remember that

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Kherr, 4 days in our world is a-MAZING! Each and every day you put between you and AL is a win. Hang in and at day 7, you get a prize from the nest! (A virtual prize, we will MOON you!). You are doing great!! So proud of you! Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Morning nest and another day in thailand, damn its a hard life for me at the moment. I must say it is nice not to worry about Robert as much and my sick dogs. I know they are being looked after to the best of everyones ability and i cant solve world problems. Robert starts chemo today to try and slow the cancer down but he has found peace with his journey towards death which is good.

I must say in reflecting on this holiday compared to last that i am more at peace also. I was still angry and felt deprived that i could not enjoy a drink on holidays and now i dont think i have laughed so much at and with my mother ever and i know i have not smiled so much ever. What a miserable existence al put me in and how it isolated me from enjoying what is right in front of my face. The anger has gone and i now find peace and enjoyment each and every day. When i stopped drinking I never thought i could get to where i am, i never thought i could beat this addiction/disease, i only knew how to lie, hide and deceive others so i could drink. Now i dont lie, deceive or hide any part of my life. As my daughter said yesterday, "only 49 more years of you being sober and you can celebrate with a drink at 100". What a great idea. i am so grateful each and every day for finding MWO and sticking to this place like glue.

Thank you all very much for the birthday wishes. I would love to reply more but dragon lady is telling me to get ready for breakfast.
            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi all . . . sounds like everyone is doing great. Welcome kheriott. I hope that bruise fades quicker, you are doing great. Where's Daisy?? I'll pm her.

Comment

Hi,

I wasn't lying when I said work would be crazy. One day at a time... Forgive me if I'm not as prolific.

Ava, that post brought tears to my eyes. SO TRUE! The amazing thing about being sober is they ways in which I was experiencing life that I thought had nothing to do w being sober. There is no way I would have believed what I am experiencing. I just had to trust that Byrdie, Lav and NoSugar weren't bullshitting me, and do what they said to do. It takes a giant leap of faith, and a willingness to be humble and listen. Hard for a giant ego like mine to sit down and be quiet for a change. Glad you're having such a great trip.

Matt - I like the Australian version better, and all I can say about Ava is that it takes one to know one. Cheeky sods, the lot of you.

Good night, nest. I hope Daisy and Hanna are ok!

Pav

Comment

Morning all just checking in to say hello. Beautiful weather in the forecast and looking forward to my kids' ball games - hoping the rain overnight didn't mess the fields up too badly.

Welcome to the newbies and stick around - it is work but it is well worth it. Nothing beats being in control of yourself rather than letting AL control you!

Comment

Good Morning Nesters!

I fell asleep last night listening to thunder storms ~ typical spring weather

Glad you are enjoying your trip Ava!

Greetings to everyone checking in today!
                    Have a great AF Tuesday one & all!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning Newbies,

I'm back at Day 1.

Have not been on for the last week, because I was embarrassed. Which led me to drink the next day, then the next day....etc.

I am determined to do this. So I plan to stay close to the computer and check in here often.

Comment

Morning, Nesters!
                        Mama, it is an experiment we all try....Once we find, then join, a site for, well, let's admit it, alcoholism, then TRY to stop drinking and find that we are worse than we thought, the denial side of our brains kicks in and says, I'LL SHOW THEM! At least that's the way it was for me. I showed THEM, all right....I showed them that I was indeed, an alcoholic. This is a tough pill to swallow. As we remember the stages of grief (Anger, denial, bargaining, depression, and acceptance), getting past those first 3 stages of this is a b____. In the end, just like Pav said, I had to listen to someone who was ahead of me, and that was Lav. Get rid of this monster once and for all and don't look back. There is a hard way to do this and an easier way...I follow her and the waters are much smoother. We are so glad you are back, I hope you will find the path ahead easier than the one you just got off! Hunker down and do whatever it takes to get thru this day AF. So glad to see you!
                        Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdie,

THANK YOU....THANK YOU....THANK YOU!!!!

I really do appreciate all of the encouragement.

And yes DENIAL is where I am right now. I convinced myself that if I can go 3 days (actually 2 1/2 days) without alcohol, then I don't have a problem. But in the back of my head, I knew that was wrong.

I am just going to do this one day at a time. I will NOT drink today.

Comment

Mama, if I had a dime for every time I wound up back at Day 1, I'd be lounging on a Caribbean yacht watching Ryan Reynolds look-alikes serve my spoiled-rotten dog caviar on jewel-encrusted plates.

Day 1 is humbling but we've all been there. And been there. You can't get to Day 2 without it, though and good for you for staying with the fight. Like the famous quote (attributed to General Custer, Vince Lombardi and others) says: "It's not how many times you fall. It's how many times you get back up."

'Glad to see you here. "One day at a time" is a great strategy.
                            "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Welcome back Mama!

I wish we had more thunderstorms Lav, particularly at night. One of my favorite things!

Good golly, I keep forgetting how much better I feel when I eat well! Just as I felt about one million times better cutting alcohol out of my consumption, I feel better when I eat lots of clean, quality food. I have energy this morning, and boy do I need it for this crazy week!

I'm going to take the pup for a walk in a bit, even though I feel like I don't have time, because if I don't make time for the good things in life - what I will have left is a well-managed achievement of a bunch of stuff that doesn't matter.

Keep up the work everyone - you CAN do this! Get very clear that alcohol is not EVER going to give you the life you want, and then have some faith that it will all work out - and jump. It will be uncomfortable, and hard and you may be anxious and confused - but these feelings will all pass and you will arrive at a new you that is more calm and more able to problem-solve. You will be amazed at the things that change in your life. I can't imagine living any other way now - what a waste of time to drink the minutes away!
                              Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your support. Missed being here yesterday as we lost power with the storms. Went to my first Pilates class this morning and feeling good. Need to stay strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X