Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Coco-Nut;832047 wrote: It must be an acquired taste. Do you mix them in a blender? Sort of a brown, greasy, citrus drink?

Just kidding - couldn't help myself!!!

Have day 2 of the April Challenge!
    :H:H:H
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all......Sorry that I didn't get the coffee on. So glad that it's the weekend. I'll be back later to get caught. Looks like we have newbies. :welcome::welcome:
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoraC;832103 wrote: Morning all......Sorry that I didn't get the coffee on. So glad that it's the weekend. I'll be back later to get caught. Looks like we have newbies. :welcome::welcome:
        NoraC, you can make it up to us tomorrow and just bring us breakfast in bed

runningwind
        The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover, I read your post all the time, glad you joined us in the nest. It's a great place!

runningwind
          The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Coco-Nut;832047 wrote: It must be an acquired taste. Do you mix them in a blender? Sort of a brown, greasy, citrus drink?

Just kidding - couldn't help myself!!!

Have day 2 of the April Challenge!
            Thats a good one Coco-Nut! I'am right there with you on day 2 of "THE APRIL CHALLANGE"

runningwind

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey birdies....
              got here late
              everyone sounds great
              the first of the month is a crazy time when you are a mean landlord...finally had time to stop and grab a bite to eat and check on my virtual family
              pap....let me know what you decide about topa....you are doing well, so why are u considering taking it? I am on, set let know if you have any questions....sorry you are feeling blue...been there, done that sooooooooooooo many times...and my boss is an asshole too!!:H
              welcome lonely girl....
              mama xoxoxoxox
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well I am still here and still sober on my 4th day now and feeling great. Been talking to my counsellor and decided it was about time I did this, then we can get onto the real work. I'm having 1 tsp Glut with my breakfast and hot drink before bed time. I think tonight will be the best nights sleep so far as my body clock has been all over the place. Was in the gym this morning and I'm not as weak as I thought so got a lot of hope (physical fitness is one of my passions and something that gives me motivation).

Not been easy though, day one was spent in bed trying not to pass out or be sick. Had a migraine Wednesday with all the flashing lights etc, and spent a lot of time in bed feeling very depressed.

Today I was suddenly let down and left with a lot of time on my hands but have pampered myself a little. Had my nails done, pedicure (only me!), bought some new clothes so feeling quite good.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi MamaBear-thanks for the offer of info. I don't know-I'm not struggling as much as I thought I would be but I'm a little concerned that the second month might not be as easy-maybe the novelty will wear off and I'll be down more and want to drink more? Plus, I could use help in the weight department !! I still have very strong sugar cravings which I'm trying to offset by working out more. Doesn't help that it's Easter weekend and there is chocolate all around!!
                  I'm off in about 10 minutes to do some of my own pampering at the mall so I will check in later.
                  New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;832082 wrote: Hi Everyone,
                    I've never posted in the Nest before, but I'm definitely a newbie and love all the support and advice given on this site. Hope everybody is having a great day! :h
                    Welcome to the nest, K9Lover! It's a great place to hang out.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ukblonde;832149 wrote: Well I am still here and still sober on my 4th day now and feeling great. Been talking to my counsellor and decided it was about time I did this, then we can get onto the real work. I'm having 1 tsp Glut with my breakfast and hot drink before bed time. I think tonight will be the best nights sleep so far as my body clock has been all over the place. Was in the gym this morning and I'm not as weak as I thought so got a lot of hope (physical fitness is one of my passions and something that gives me motivation).
                      Congratulations on day four! Good for you on getting to the gym, too...for me, a good work-out is a major stress reliever/endorphin raiser. Keep up the good work. :goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pap...dont take topa unless you reallly feel like u need it..
                        I hate the side effects and have thought seriously about stopping....
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow,

It's evening already - where did the day go?????

I had a sudden urge to take some flowers to my Mom today. She's been gone for nearly 24 years now, still miss her so much. Anyway it's a 90 mile roundtrip from my home to the cemetary & back. That's what I did

Fennel, when you & Mrs Fennel are ready for chickens let me know - I can give you a lot of helpful hints! I started my hobby 6 years ago & so far (knocking on wood) haven't lost any of the girls to predators, just natural causes. I make sure to go out before dark & chase any stragglers inside & close the hatch! Funny, they seem to know for the most part when it's time to 'go to bed'. Now the guy across the road lost a hen to a racoon last year. He didn't close the hatch on his coop, the racoon got in & stuffed himself with a hen. The racoon was so stuffed he couldn't fit through the hatch to escape afterwards & was found inside the coop in the morning....... true story

Hi & welcome to the Nest K9Lover! Find yourself a nice twig & settle in with us!

Greetings to Coco, papmom, Sophie, spud, nora, runningwind & Mama Bear - hope you are all having a good day!
                          papmom - think about my Swissy running around with one of my hens in her mouth - that should make you smile!

Ukblonds, congrats on your 4 AF days - great work! You will continue to feel a little better each day. Getting over that 3 day hump is a big deal - good for you!

Lonely Gal, you have a child? They bring such pleasure, don't they? My grandson just turned 16 months, he's a little ball of energy. I just love it when he's here, which is fairly often keeps me on my toes!

Well, I'll probably check in later. Have a good evening one & all.
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just checking in on a cloudy Saturday morning.
                            Coffee and hot cross buns for breakfast!
                            Hi and welcome to the newbies.
                            Lonely Gal, both alcohol and sadness can be isolating, and it can be hard if you realise that a lot of your friends were actually his friends. Take it slow, look after your child, and get well and then you might find you are more motivated to look around for new things to join.
                            Fennel, I used to keep a dozen chooks. I kept their feed in a different shed so predators weren't attracted. I let them out and lunchtime after they had mostly laid but left the door open, so they could go back in and lay if they hadn't already. At about 5pm I simply rattled a can of feed and called them and they followed me like the Earth Mother into their house and put themselves to bed after they'd eaten. I miss them now that I'm in town.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello again,

dancingon - if you want you can come play with my chooks, just for old times sake
                              We keep the feed in large metal cans with tight ftting lids, helps keep the mice out too!

Lonely Gal, hope you are staying close......please check in frequently with us, OK? MWO really helped me feel less isolated, I loved & needed the company when I first started my journey. I still love being here.

Well, I still having fun watch the Owl Box that Nora suggested a couple of days ago. If you have a little time - take a look: The Owl Box, Ustream.TV: For Molly's Mug, Mouse Pad, eBook and a T-shirt go to: www.transferit.com/theowlbox Date Laid and Time________Hatch Date___Nam...

Wishing all the fledgling a safe & cozy night in the Nest ~ the night light is on

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone.....sorry that I haven't been on much. Runningwind - you are right.....breakfast in bed tomorrow. :H I was so busy at work all day and now my brother is here. He has come down from Oregon and I didn't realize that he was staying with us tonight. So, I will be here bright & early in the morning with breakfast.
                                Have a wonderful night/day/afternoon everyone. :l
                                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X