No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aqua-Im having the same troubles posting. I assumed it had something to do with my computer but maybe not. That is the only thing that has saved everyone from my usual ramblings.

Hanna-Hi, long time no see.

Lilbit-in my post that didn't post yesterday I said that even though I'm 10 days ahead, you're my quit buddy.

Bird, Mom is still hanging in but it's just a matter of time.

Everyone else, sorry I've missed you. THANKS FOR ALL THE CONGRATS YESTERDAY! I love being sober. I was going to try and post a birthday picture but my postings arent' working right. anyone know how to attach a picture?
    The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

bag lady.jpg

Happy Friday!

Comment

Morning! Beautiful day here and the birds are chirping.

SF, just an observation - when I think of a "streak", I think of it as something that eventually ends. Maybe you might want to refer to your AF time as a "beginning" to your new life, or something more permanent.

Great attitude AVA about your mom. When my kids are driving me nutso, I also stop and look at how grateful I am to be able to be with them fully at their age. The years fly by, and our relationships are the most important!

I am absolutely tired today. I had a 13 year old shadow me yesterday, and I found that I cannot think or work well with someone at my side. I need space to think clearly. Maybe my ADD? Anyway, long day and looooooong week. My client cancelled for today also due to travel changes (woo hoo!!) so I am going to work half day and go to the gym! Looking forward to some me time and a great sleep tonight!!

I was surprised at the guests vs. registered members numbers! I do wish the Newbies Nest was easier to find for new folks. Glad to know people are finding this site, but I do certainly wish more were joining! Becoming AF is certainly do-able, with a good plan and the support of others... this site offers both!!

I wish everyone well today, sending hugs to the lot of you. Glad you are here and so proud of everyone making the decision to live the life we all deserve!
        Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Congrats to everyone hitting milestones! Mstall, Over-It, LilBit, kh, and anyone I'm forgetting!

Yay, it's Friday! I was kinda meh yesterday, but I think it's just because the rest of the week was so busy and I've still got more things to do. I'm also really starting to notice how tired I get when I'm interacting with people. It's not a bad thing since it means I can learn what situations make me more tired and plan them better. And the reminder that a lot of it comes from me trying too hard in social situations. I've spent so many years playing the perfect diplomat and the one who always has something clever to say; I could really stand to take a lot of that pressure off myself. It's weird because some of that really is "just me" but it's also because I put that pressure on myself.

SF - Glad you posted and good luck with the wedding, you sound like you're doing to do great! I've got one of those coming up in June that I plan on going to; luckily the bride is a very close friend of mine and I know will back me up on not drinking. I'll be taking a look at how I'm doing when I get closer, but for now when I think about it I'm thinking about how much I hate when I say "No" to something and anyone tries to push me. Getting it set in my mind as something that would be annoying and impolite if it happens rather than something tempting. I also remember another friend of mine who abruptly quit drinking a few years ago; she was always very matter-of-fact about it and I know she got past things like that just fine. For me, I've also got the reminder of how miserable I was at my brother's wedding. I'd said I was only going to have "a couple" glasses of wine and that went out the door real fast. I was trying to hide how much I was drinking while I was there, I look HORRIBLE in every picture from that night, and I was just miserable and down on myself the whole night. I definitely don't need another experience like that.

LilBit - Thanks so much for your post! I've done similar visualizations before and they definitely helped, but I really need to start remembering to do it more often. My go-to response to anything negative is, "Don't worry, I'm fine, I'll be fine" and I know I've got to break that to stay sober. All those emotions I was trying to hide or use AL as an excuse to feel, I've got to start working on letting myself feel them and handle them sober. Not just to stay sober, but to live a happier life.
          I am stubborn as a pig - but changing what I'm being stubborn about!

Cigarette Free On: 9/23/2014
          AF on: 8/12/2014

Comment

Overit, don't you look stunning in your new recyclable bag? Quit buddies -- YAY! I can't imagine a better one than you.

Also, it may be belated but Happy Birthday!

cat_birthday_cake.jpg

To upload photos, click the third icon from the right (the one with the tree) in the row of icons at the top of the posting box. Then click "Basic Uploader" and do the usual steps to find and upload your file.
            "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Thanks LILBIT! That cake looks amazing!

Comment

A cake I made, lets see if Jane's instructions will work for me to post a picture!
                I DID IT, after 6 years I finally posted a picture!!!
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Another one!
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdie, for once I'm glad I live far from you. Your cakes look irresistible! And good work on the picture posting :smile:!

Comment

A flower I made to put on a cake!
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Thanks NoSugar! Jane is going to be lynched for showing me how!!
                        A Flower pot brownie I made!
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

The BABY!!
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

By the Sea!
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Buttons!
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdie, OMG, your cakes are so gorgeous! OK, I'm moving in -- me and my large cake-eating mutt. Just accept it.
                                "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Working...
                                X