Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JANE! Look what you've done!!!

Beautiful work, Byrdie - what a fun, creative hobby!

Comment

:haha:
      Thank you, NS, and as Lucy would say, 'So TASTY, too! Ehehe!
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Wow!! What talent you have Byrdie, those are beautiful, when you said you bake cakes to give to the neighbors, I didn't realize they were getting such masterpieces amazing pics(the pup threw me for a sec haha) thanks for sharing
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

morning nest.

lovely cakes byrd but now a pic posting monster has been created lol. bet you would not have even attempted them pissed.

Great post Lil, when i had a bit of a nervous breakdown, or a big one, i went to see a psychologist who hypnotised me and did exactly the same thing of bringing up what was hurting me and cutting the cord to let it go. It was pretty amazing to say the least and did help me immensely. Mind you i totally hid my drinking problem from her and it did get worse due to a very bad breakup. Oh well thats life and i am sober now.

Kensho i dont envy you teenage years, i sometimes wonder how the hell i got through 4 of them but they have grown up alive and to be something i am very proud of.

My one and only niece is getting married in November and she invited me to the "hens night" which i declined. I know i would enjoy myself sober but i dont want to be looking after a bunch of pissed people now. The wedding i am totally looking forward to sober. This darling childs 21st set me on the road to sobriety 2 years ago. I tell her how thankful i am that even though passing out at her 21st was not one of my most memorable moments it has gotten me to where i am today.

3 more days of resort life left and then 4 hectic shopping days in Bangkok. Where has the time gone! I am feeling nearly back to normal and ready to face life again.

Life is great. xx
          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

60 days.jpg

ok, so you'll just have to imagine the bag on my head.

This is me at day 1 and day 60. No booze and VERY little working out, and my new diet as of 4/1.

Now be nice!
            The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Hope you continue to enjoy your time away Ava

Byrdie, I'm so glad everyone can see your beautiful cakes now!!!!
              You definitely need to open your own custom cake shop some day!

SF, have a good weekend, think about your goals & the hard work you have already done.

Lil, I sat down years ago & wrote letters to all the people who mistreated me including my Dad. I got all of the feelings out on paper - then I burned them. It felt like closure

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest. We have freeze warnings up again for tonight, Brrr!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

You look great Over-it
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Howdy all! Byrdie, the cakes ARE masterpieces! Are you sure you don't do it for a living? If not, I'm sure you could!!

Hanna & kherriot, you ladies are doing great! Everyone of us with spouses went through the same rough patches...wondering if they were going to get tired of the empty promises and finally give up. The only way to keep them is to prove that you can keep your promise, and ever so slowly they will start to regain their trust in you. But you have to earn it. And the only way to earn it back is by example...show them you can do it!

There are so many in the Nest getting their wings back! Hypernova, Overit, LilBit, aquamarine, dutch, trinity, and all the others, just keep following Byrdie's advice, stick close to the Nest, read and post, feed off each other and the more seasoned perch dwellers. If they did it, so can we all!

My journey to staying sober has been just as difficult as the rest. But one fateful day I encountered a bridge, I had to decide which side I wanted to be on. Do I cross into the unknown, or stay on the side that I knew so well. I finally feel like I have crossed that bridge now, I have finally accepted my addiction. It has now allowed me to separate my thoughts from the alcoholic thoughts and it made it easier for me to be in control.

In a way I feel empowered and I have come so far and got stronger mentally and physically and I’m happy I am finding the new me. I’ve realised this is not a game anymore, this is very much real, my real life and every choice I make doesn't just impact my life, it also impacts my family and the people around me. And by game I mean the only person that is losing out is me because the AL controlled me and didn't allow me to be who I really am and not have the life I want to live.

Now I have crossed that bridge, I realise I am and always will be a recovering alcoholic and I am proud to say that I live my life sober now. I have no problem telling people that I don't drink, and the reason why I don't. I have not worked this hard mentally to gain strength over AL to go backwards, by feeling pressured by anyone or anything to make me pick up that first drink. I would be disappointed in myself and would feel guilty to all the people in my life that are supporting me and encouraging me, especially everyone on MWO, your support has really made me want to fight. Being sober is the only way to go and nothing will ever jeopardise my sobriety. I am finally in control of my life. I will take every day as it comes and embrace the emotions I feel, and carry on learning and getting stronger every day.

Have a safe, sober weekend my friends!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi, Folks-

Byrdie - I'm with Pauly - I never IMAGINED how beautiful your cakes would be. That white one with the flowers? AND you make the flowers? I did a double take with the doggy - now that was a lifelike cake. You've even tempted NoSugar.

Overit - you are a brave woman! You look great - what a difference 60 days make! I have to say that after 15 months, I am down 20-25 pounds. I exercise more, and I added weekly ice cream to the diet, but all that is because of no booze. I have more energy and more devotion to exercise as something absolutely necessary to keep me sober and sane. Keep it up, sister!

Kherriot - GREAT to hear the news - I love a good fire, too, and that sounds like a great way to bond with your husband. Do you have a strong sober plan for when he is gone? It can be easy to bounce back to old ways. Use us, and tighten up your sober circle. You got this.

I have two work things this weekend so won't be getting my allotted time off - I will squeeze in some family time and time with my book and pillow, but not much else.

Happy SOBER Friday.

Pav

PS - I am in the habit of selecting my post and copying it before I try to post it. That way if I get bumped off, I can just paste it once I log in again. If I am in for a real yarn, I type it in word and then cut and paste it. Such a bummer to lose a good, long post.

Comment

Good morning Nesters & happy Saturday to all!

Just popping in to wish everyone a wonderful AF day.
                      I have lots & lots of things to do today to keep me out of trouble
                      Have a great day!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Just a quick check in before the gym. On my I pad so no keyboard, so it will be short. Byrd, your cakes are so beautiful. Mine always come out lopsided and look like a little kid made it lol.

Over it WOW. You look amazing!!!

Lil. Hope your shoulder is feeling better.
                        I am doing good, drinking wise, somewhat more centered emotionally, but truly am sure I am depressed. I guess waking up in tears daily is a clue? Trying to remain strong. Wedding anniversary on Tuesday. Very sad and fearful it is likely the last....

Ok enough of that. Doing all I can do, and trying to focus on staying sober and letting the chips fall where they may.
                        Have a great one all
                        Last edited by Hanna; April 25, 2015, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Morning Nesters,
                          Byrdie, I agree with everyone else...your cakes are beauiful! They don't look like 5 inchers, are they really? Have you begun this as a side business? I recall someone asking you to do a wedding; I can imagine that would be a biiiiiig job! Keep the pix coming!I wanna buy Ruby a t shirt that says 'Yo qiero cake!"
                          Love to all. xo
                          AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Hanna-Beth and Overit, you guys look great! Overit, wow girlie, you've dropped some weight.

'Just a quick hello here as I head out for a light morning skate. I'm so proud of all the nest birdies, here, with your amazing accomplishments and talents, but mostly for being the courageous people that you are, saying "no" to AL and "yes" to Life. What a great group!:love:
                            "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Originally posted by jane27 View Post
                              'Yo qiero cake!"
                              Jane, you made me snort my coffee -- LOL!
                              "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Gosh, what a womderful way to wake up! Visual aids in the nest!
                                Over-it, you are amazing! Look at you!!! No more brown bagging! You look fantastic!!!
                                Hanna, you are a bewdy! Wow, so good to put faces with names!!! You guys ARE real!!! Bahaha!
                                When I first stopped drinking, baking cakes and giving them away really helped me fill the time. Doing something for others is rewarding. Imagine getting a cake from someone for no reason! Its fun to see! I am new with fondant, and a classmate asked me to do the cake for a wedding for 1750 people! Um, NO! My cakes are only 6 "!! And I have only been doing it a few weeks, so not ready to do a cake for 1750! Jane, I image a cake like that would be in the range of 4,000 smackers, from what I can deduce online. Nuts!
                                Thanks again, Jane, for teaching me how to post pix! I appreciate it so much! Xoxox, Byrdie
                                Last edited by Byrdlady; April 25, 2015, 03:14 PM.
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X