No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG Lilbit! I'm so sorry. Let us know what the plan is going forward.
    The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Lil Bit, I am thinking of you and wishing you all kinds of strength. I did 7 hours of serious earth turning gardening today, and I am sooooooooooo exhausted. Love to all
      AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

LilBit - you are so very strong. My thoughts are with you!
        Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Morning nesters

Lil i am sorry to hear your bad news but you are such a positive soul that whoever is up there will be looking down on you. Oh god your partner is a classic isnt he! Yep of course a wine will fix it, fixes everything for an alcoholic. Please dont kill him, its not worth it but if you do whack him with a bottle then please video it for our entertainment. Thinking of you and dont go away from here, i would miss you posts. your MIL sounds adorable!

Kensho, everyday sober is a great day and now your days are wracking up the difference in how we live our lives is amazing. I never want to hit the repeat button on drinking again.

i had a good sleep and feel ready to face my mother again. you are so right Lav, mum is being like a 2 year old and i know it is hard for her not being like she was but, oh i dont know. i need to learn to curb my sarcasm but i tell her i get it off her as my girls have learnt from me. she doesnt like that.

Jane how much of that dirt was directed at your MIL? lol. Nothing like a bit of digging to get rid of the frustrations, hope it wasnt a plot you were digging!

Well i am off to walk to the shops and have some ME time for a couple of hours before i pick up the car and the man comes over. I hope mum behaves today.
          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Sorry Lilbit
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Lil Bit, I am so sorry to hear this news. It puts a lot of things into perspective. Life is precious and worth fighting for. We will be right by your side thru-out it all. What is the next step? Hugs dear lady. B
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Thanks, guys. My next step is a meeting with a surgeon tomorrow. After I get more information about the tests from this individual, I'll begin some serious research into options. You may have guessed that I'm not the sort to just automatically do what a doctor tells me.

If surgery is in my future, I am definitely coming out of this thing with stunning 20-year-old breasts. Heck, I want them up on my shoulders so when they start to sag they'll have somewhere to go. And I'm getting a t-shirt that says, "Of course they're fake. My other ones were trying to kill me."

Will definitely video any fiance-bottle whacking for your entertainment. I think he wouldn't dare try it after my Linda Blair, head spinning reaction earlier. He'd better show up with chocolate; that's all I can say.

'Remembering through all of this that, "It's just a ride."
                "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

LilBit, I'm sorry about the tough news you received but so happy for you that you have established a firm quit already. I had some different sorts of life events a few months into mine that made me so grateful that I had quit when I did. Some life changes are tough enough on their own - and pretty much impossible to navigate for an active addict. Thanks to what you've already done you'll be in a strong position to learn about your situation and make good rational decisions about your treatment. MyHappyPlace had a great thread about her breast cancer experience last year - and she recently celebrated her 1-year anniversary cancer free! All the best to you. We'll be thinking of you and holding you close. NS

Comment

LilBit - I'm so sorry to hear the news, but I'm so full of respect and pride in you for how you're responding. That's not to say I'll lose any of that if you hit down days (maybe it's just me, but when people call me strong I sometimes feel like then I have to be...and I don't want to do that to you if that makes any sense!) I hadn't caught up when I pm'd you earlier, but now that I have I'm sending even more love and support your way. I think you've got this, you just come off that way; remember we're all here for you for anything you need though!

Whew, this week got busy quickly. It's a combination of being tired from the weekend and trying to get some stressful things taken care of. I find those are the times I need to be the most careful; there's a certain feeling of tired/overwhelmed/anxiety that when it all comes together the back of my head thinks, "this is my drinking mood." It's not that I want a drink so much as my brain still identifies the feeling as something that can be "solved" that way. I know it won't help, though; I've been making sure to munch on treats or get up and move instead which also seems to help. I think what it is, is me needing something to break my brain out of running laps around itself, so choosing to do that in healthy ways is the thing.

I'm finally seeing my doctor on Monday though, so there's that. I also applied for that job at the shelter, though I won't hear back for some time yet.

Sorry not to respond to everyone, my brain is pretty dead at the moment. I'm ok, but I definitely need to make more time to relax and less time overthinking things! Take care all!
                    I am stubborn as a pig - but changing what I'm being stubborn about!

Cigarette Free On: 9/23/2014
                    AF on: 8/12/2014

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Another long & busy day for me
                      Apparently Tuesday is not a good day for four year olds, ha ha!! My granddaughter was a bit testy today but we made it through OK.

Lil, geez, I'm sorry about your news. Just know that you have a large, supportive group of friends here. Anything you want to run by us - please feel free, we are good listeners :hug:
                      I hope your guy pulls his head out of his butt & pays attention. You can always threaten him with a visit from the Stella collective. They'll set him straight!!!

Dutch, glad to know you are growing more comfortable in your quit. Yes, we do learn to enjoy this new way of behaving

Greetings to all & sending wishes for a safe night in the nest for all. Don't let the MILs bite, ha ha!!!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hey LilBit - thinking of you, life is not how it should be sometimes. Thanks for letting us know as I've been thinking about you a lot. This sucks. Don't know what else to say. Hang in there and fight, so glad you are an athlete, and sober, you can do this. And you know this community has got your back.

Dutch, thanks for your awesome posts. You sound really strong.

Lav, Byrd, Ava, PW, LB and everyone else I missed, you guys are the best. Thanks for all you do for us Newbies.

Comment

Lilbit - thinking of you and sending strength and well wishes to you! I too am in awe of your positive response!

Comment

Good morning Nesters,

It's hump day already, yay! I am not watching any grandkids today so I'm free to be me, ha ha!!!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Wednesday!
                            Thinking of you Lil & we'll all be with you in spirit :hug:

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

:hug: LilBit :hug:
                              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good Morning, Nesters!
                                Lav, hump day, indeed!

So I am finishing up work yesterday afternoon and hubs' brother calls and says he and his GF (they are in their late 70's) are in town and have just finished dinner and are coming over! So they stayed until almost bedtime (for me!) They will be in town for the next 4 days. So we are subject to pop-ins the rest of the week. If this had been 5 years ago, I would have been seriously in the bag by the time by got here. They don't drink, so I would have had to sneak away into my closet to keep myself happy. I am so glad I am not hand-cuffed to AL any more. I pushed that *astard off a cliff and never looked back. I have not regretted one day of being sober.

Tomorrow, a friend is coming over to learn how to cover cakes in fondant. I'm taking the day off. I don't really know this lady, but she was a friend of a great friend (Karen) of mine and I met her at the bedside of Karen in her last days. That's good enough for me, if Karen loved her, I'm sure I will too. Besides, if the woman likes cake, how bad can she be?

Lil Bit, I have you close in my thoughts at all times. I know you are scared to death about all this. Fear is a beast all its own. Take it one day at a time (using the skills you learned right here in this nest!) and you will get through to the other side. Thinking of you today as you negotiate these frightening waters.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day. Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X