Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, Everyone:

A great day - hike with friends and a delicious dinner. I did look rather long at a cold beer a friend was having after the long hike, and I felt deprived for a minute. That hasn't happened in a long while. The 6 - 12 months it happened a lot more, but I got a good vigilance reminder today as well. I feel like coming here and "confessing" is helpful to get it out of my head.

Good to see you here, Oko - glad your trip happened without a drink. Of course it did - you don't drink!

Kairos - glad your husband was on board. Mine has been drinking the whole time, and usually it doesn't bother me. I DO get annoyed when he says, "have you seen my beer." FFS, I NEVER lost a drink. Never. I always knew exactly where it was and exactly how much was left...

Kherriot and NS - Pretty funny how these things just happen. A miracle ever day.

I am off to sleep. Happy Sober Saturday night!

Pav

Comment

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Nesters & Happy Mother's day :love:

Thanks for the beautiful card abcowboy!

Pav, I don't keep track of anyone's beer either, ha ha! That's their job

I hope everyone has a wonderful AF Sunday!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning, Nesters!
          Pav, We are of one mind, I always knew where my drink was and how much I had left! It was always a good feeling to have a FRESH drink. I began getting anxious when I got low, worried about the next one. I find that I am kind of that way with my phone battery, when it gets below 50% I start getting anxious and looking for a plug! Surely I am not a full charge battery addict? This has to be a personality trait or maybe just the way I am wired. I do NOT like to run out of stuff. I may be able to keep a therpist busy with that one. If you have ever watched 'Hoarders' on tv, the experts on there say people hoard because they have lost something important to them in the past, and they dont want to let go of anything again. I may have a touch of that. I imagine FEAR plays a very BIG role in addiction. I may turn to NoSugar to see if that is something she has studied.

We are in the midst of Tropical Storm Ana. We had a 54 mph gust last night and heavy rain. It is just making landfall 65 miles south of us, so rain all day! Some guy just went by on a moped!!! (On the road, not flying by, like in the Wizard of Oz).

OKoren, thank you for the kind words.
          As I have said many times (usually in my DEFENSE) that I post for ME. If it helps someone, that is a wonderful side effect. The more I reinforce the message, the more it is ingrained in my own head. I appreciate your note very much.

Mighty quiet around here! Check In and let us know you are ok! Happy Mother's Day! Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good morning, and Happy Mother's Day, all. The drag show was a hoot. It was my first one, and it was pretty much what I expected -- way over the top, but with some very funny moments and performers' names like "Pandora Box" and "Ben de la Creme."

My friend wanted so badly to cheer me up and get my mind off things. But, after a pre-show couple of wine glasses, and then using all his drink tickets and mine (=4) and another drink afterward, he ended up hanging on my shoulder, crying on me and repeating, "I just want you to be alright." Oh well, I know he meant well and I take from this experience that he really cares and I'm really, really glad that I was sober. It's funny that sometimes when you're in a tough situation you have to support your supporters.

Anyhow, hoping for better weather today and an epic chess match on the deck. Have a great Sunday.
            "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Checking in, still here! I'm still tired and cranky and irritable - reading here and listening to The Bubble Hour has reminded me that PAWS is a thing, though. I forget if I already said, but I did eventually decide to just LET myself be tired and cranky, knowing it will pass. It's not exactly fun, but it is better when I'm not also beating up on myself for feeling that way. And I made myself tell my mother that I'm pretty sure that's my issue just now, it helps to have someone around who knows and it's also one thing that does make a lot of sense to her since her MS can cause a lot of weird glitches in her moods, body, and mind.

I finally have that appointment with my doctor tomorrow, too, so I can at least make sure I'm in one piece healthwise. I seriously haven't been in years, I don't even know where my blood pressure is anymore. >_>

Really exhausted at the moment, but I'm sure I'll be back with longer posts soon! Take care all!
              I am stubborn as a pig - but changing what I'm being stubborn about!

Cigarette Free On: 9/23/2014
              AF on: 8/12/2014

Comment

Morning nest

Quick check in as first day of work. God i hate my alarm in the morning and funny how i so want to sleep in today.

Lil, glad to see you pulling the positive out of a drunk situation. I had a chuckle but i know that its hard sometimes to deal with others emotions when yours are all over the place also. I try not to lose it with Robert but he always tells me he knows how hard it is for me to deal with his cancer also and be there for him. I tell him i would do all of what i have done again and again for him

Had a lovely mothers day, they all dissected the man i am seeing, which was pleasant for me, they all got drunk as the meal took 2 1/2 to be served from entree to main (they lost our order) and mum ate all her meal which was different to how she bitched last week about "what a waste of money" and we all got a free drink from the stuff up. I had a coffee which was much needed and they drank more al. So i survived another mothers day!

Hope everyone had/has a wonderful mothers day.

Take care
                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Happy Mothers Day! Weekend passing in a blur here. In the midst of thunderstorm here in SW Florida. Fri nite dinner did not happen. Then yest the guys played golf, wife called & asked about going out for dinner. We agreed. Later she called & canceled.

Have heard from both dd and son and oldest granddaughter. She is 22, and our youngest granddaughter is 2 today. We will more than likely Facetime her later. Isn't that the greatest thing? We see everybody end of month for a wedding. Life is good!

TMH
                  The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

I enjoyed a quiet & grandkid free day today, ha ha. Yesterday was good enough for me

TMH, Facetime is a little freaky but the kids really seem to love it so we use it too. Hope the thunderstorm wasn't too bad.

Byrdie, you didn't blow away - that's a good thing!

LavBlue, I hope your doc visit goes well for you. We really need to look after ourselves, be proactive!

Ava, a 2 1/2 hour wait for dinner would drive me nuts!!!! Hope you enjoyed yourselves

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi All,

A lovely Mother's Day but I am still feeling a tad off kilter. But just like you say, LavB, just letting it be rather than fighting against it is the best thing to do. Moods come and go. This one will go.

Sorry you're back to the grind, Ava. But you did have a lovely holiday!

Off to bed. Another big week ahead. Good thing I will be sober to deal with it!

Pav

Comment

MAE Nesters. I hope a lovely weekend was had by all. See you guys tomorrow. xo J
                        AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Good morning all! I had a very nice day yesterday with my mom and my family (my husband and kids, my brothers, and their families) - felt very blessed.

I was thinking back on the evening yesterday - we had everyone over to our house - and realized I think we 'shorted' folks on the wine. We had 5 bottles and 3 people were drinking it before dinner and then an additional 2 during dinner. We ran out except for a little bit of red that was left - I was asked if we had any more white but we didn't so I know at least one person may have waned more. It didn't even cross my mind that people might be disappointed if they ran out - then this morning I realized how irritated I would have been if I was somewhere and the wine ran out! It really is freeing to not have to worry about that anymore!

I'm looking forward to baseball and softball playoff games this week for my kids' high school teams- here's hoping they go far!

Hope everyone had a great AF weekend!

Comment

Good Monday morning Nesters,

Frances, I think I've been disappointing people for years as far as the wine goes. I vowed back in 2009 to never step foot in a wine store again & so far I haven't. My husband keeps beer in the garage so if you want wine it's BYOB
                            It is truly wonderful to not have to worry about the wine supply!

Wishing everyone a great AF day!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good Morning, nesters!
                              Hi ho, hi ho....it's off to work I go. Oy. Hope everyone has an easy day. Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good morning Nesters!

Back in the saddle and back to Day 1, well not today but whatever, I don't want to talk about it and give it more glory than it was. I'm back at square 1 in ALL areas.

GSR! for sure! The guilt and sorrow is almost overwhelming.

Anyway, enough of that. Everyone have a great day.
                                Last edited by Overit-still; May 11, 2015, 11:45 AM.
                                The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Working...
                                X