Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

morning nest

I hope your day was enjoyable Lavb, i would much prefer to work with animals than the village idiots that i work with. I do love the majority of the patients i deal with though so that makes up for it.

Lil I hope you are okay, stay strong girl. We are here for you.

Pav, i hope hubs is ok too, god i hate stress, it does my head in but what can we do. Thinking of you.

Kailey those urges are massive arent they but they do fade, its just getting past them without giving in. You bought back some memories for me of the early days and i so dont want to go back there. The good news is as time goes on it gets better and better.

My weekend has been great but of course not without some drama. I went to a night football game with my son and his gf last night, i never go out at night. I think in the last 6 months i have finally felt totally confident in my sobriety to totally enjoy life and feel i do deserve this. We had a ball although the seats we sat in were so high and of course my anxiety struck me like a brick. 5 minutes of deep breathing and all was good. I am now trying to handle my anxiety in other ways. God i have to go in a hot air balloon shortly so i had to get over the high seats. My daughters boy friend has been having psychotic episodes so she has come to stay for a few days. He is in hospital and hopefully will be okay. I did buy a new red coat which i just love.

Enjoy your weekend everyone. Life is too short to drink through it.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Had a fun day with my girls at the stinky zoo, ha ha!
      Grilled some burgers for dinner & now they are on the way home.

LavB, great on your new job! Great you got some food into you when you did

Lil, is it love or is it habit? Our 42 wedding anniversary is coming up next month, why dump him now?
      I am glad you are using mindfulness to help you thru these intense times. And be sure to keep using us too :hug:

Overit, chicks & baby ducks? OMG, they are beautiful
      Take lots of baby pictures for us!

Ava, anxiety sucks, that's all
      So why is the boyfriend having psychotic episodes? That's sad & scary.

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi, All:

Overall a productive Saturday. As I did a bunch of cleaning I thought of Ava - always cleaning when we first quit. And still always cleaning. No way you can come over - my place is far too messy. Also got some exercise. Then the rest of the family went to a game and I am home alone. Usually in this situation, which rarely occurs, I would be three sheets to the wind by now. Being alone was always an excuse. Tonight I am watching TV, eating Thai food, and getting ready to go to sleep. SO. MUCH. BETTER.

Lav, you sound like the best grandma around. Zoo? Burgers? I'm in.

Ava - That is scary. What does that even mean? Has he been sick before?

Overit - Does your duck know Jane's duck? She has a squatter who just had babies! Very cool.

LavB - Sounds like a great day. Glad you surfed that urge and got some food.

Well - back to the TV and bed. Not much to add. I listened to a Bubble Hour today. It was set up like a sharing meeting at AA (although I've never been, I think that's what it was). The woman was a mom, two kids, good job, and just couldn't control her drinking. The point she made that hit home to me was that we're all the same, no matter how different we think we may be. That "me, too" moment is so important, and that is why I think a sober community is a must for continued sobriety. No way I want to drink again, but I know if I drifted away from you all, I might be tempted eventually.

Anyway - Good night, nest. Stay sober!

Pav

Comment

Nice work Kailey & LavBlu!

Lav, I'm with Pav...(and there are even more bonuses- Stella, and dogs...thats a tough act to follow! )

Ava, I couldn't help but think of the friggin hot air balloon ride you and Robert plan to take. I have to see if I can find the picture hubs took of me crouching in the basket. I don't know how I didn't know I had such a problem with heights. I think you'll be fine though. Was it a very steep stadium?

Wishing everyone love, peace, and the strength to fight the good fight another day.

Ps Overit, I have duck envy. I haven't seen Duckina or the babies since they hatched a few days ago. Thanks for sharing your pic.
          AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Good morning Nesters,

I'm up & one with my coffee pot
            Another hot & humid day on the way & probably T storms too. Good for the garden I suppose.

Jane, baby ducks are the cutest! We saw a bunch at the zoo yesterday

Pav, you've got the 'treating yourself with kindness' thing down pat now - nice!

No big plans for me today, will see what develops!
            Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Sunday!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning

Huge congrats to those with milestones! Also, thanks to all of you who offered kind words of support. I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that my marriage is ending. Told the parents last night. Anyway, need to just focus on me and my quit. This is all very, very painful. Off to another AA meeting, then spending some time with my daughter this afternoon. I look forward and life is just one huge question mark....

Comment

Hanna, I'm so sorry you're going through this. I've been in similar circumstances and there's no denying that it's painful. But you have friends to see you through (including our strong and supportive crew, here), so post and rant and lean on us. Also, remember that a question mark could just as likely lead to a good answer as a bad one.

Lav, wow -- 42 years with the hubby is quite impressive. I definitely recommend that you hang on to him. All that "training" effort would be lost if you had to start over again.

I'm in a "let's get on with life" mood, today. 'Stopped taking the post-op pain pills because I worked too hard on getting lucid and sober to put up with a woozy, cotton-headed feeling for very long. 'Going out to lunch with a friend at a favorite Mediterranean place and still taking it easy, but I've never been one to lie in bed and don't intend to start now. Bring on the Shawarma Salad!
                "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

A quiet, drizzly Sunday around here. Again, mildly out of sorts, and then bubbling with joy. A little disconcerting, but nothing I can't handle. My main focus - my only focus - is to get through each day without drinking, and I can do that!
                  You had the power all along, my dear.

Comment

Hello all I am here again I first joined in 2010 sadly I am still in the same spiral of drinking but would like to make a complete lifestyle change. I will start this tomorrow and am finishing the last beer I have in the house. This has such a horrid grip on me I hate it and need to get rid of it and it's hold. Just saying hello and thank you for all your posts x

Comment

Cowboy - thanks for the congrats. Didn't think I would make it. Especially since this is May Long weekend and my son and his family are here and always sat around the fire and card table drinking wine with them, and my husband. They all had libations this weekend but I stood fast. Feels good, I was worried about this weekend.
                      KAREN

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Hanna, believe that you will get thru all this & come out stronger than ever. The future is wide open & remaining open to possibilities is the way to go.

Kherriot, you will actually get used to abstaining while others imbibe, I did & know you will too

Welcome back Sotiredof this!
                        Make tomorrow your very last day one ~ forever! Life without AL is good, you'll see.

Lil, glad you got out for lunch. And what exactly is a Shawarma Salad?? I don't think we have them here on the right coast, ha ha!!

Kailey, you are doing it, day by day. Keep going, it does get easier.

It's 9:15 & I'm waiting for my DIL to come get these two tired little boys. She had to go to a church meeting & my son is at work - he's always at work!! I found the peaceful method is to send one to another room to watch TV with Pop & keep one with me. Together they create instantaneous disasters, LOL

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hello all, just a quick checkin tonight. Did not work today, but was running around doing errands and picking up things I need for work tomorrow. (Scrubs so I don't destroy my only decent jeans, rubber boots, etc.) I'm feeling crazy-tired, but also thankful that I'm doing all of these things sober.

That's seriously all the brains I have just now; take care everyone!
                          I am stubborn as a pig - but changing what I'm being stubborn about!

Cigarette Free On: 9/23/2014
                          AF on: 8/12/2014

Comment

Putting my little one to sleep, sure seemed like a short Sunday

Tired I know exactly how you feel. I can't tell you how many times I tried to quit and came back to AL, here's hoping it's the last time for both of us.

Kherriot I have a whole family of drinkers, luckily they all have responded very positively to me not drinking with more of a cant believe I am not drinking attitude. My eldest sister has seen me drink but no one ever remembers me drinking o much on any occasions, so I don't appear to be the typical one to quit. Thats exactly what made me able to drink more, however, and let it become an unhealthy addiction. Here's hoping the 25th goes by easy.

Still feeling good about my quit, not so good about life though. Stress is high at work with summer being the slow months, employees leaving who really helped and my brother have a tough time. I haven't meditated for a few days, which I think has effected my regular threshold for stress. Also dealing with what I can only assume is tendonitis in my forearms, which is strange as heck since I am still in my twenties. Going to go pound my decaf green tea with lemon, watch a comedy special with the wife and BIL, maybe workout, meditate and call it a day. Night all!

Comment

Hanna - I am late to this, reading back tonight, so sorry sweetie don't even know what to say. Ugh!! Thinking of you . . .

Comment

Good morning Nesters,

Happy Monday morning to all, ha ha! Monday's are different now primarily because there's no hangover to deal with, yay.
                                I am retired but self-employed at this point & not worrying about things. I am in a much better place at this point in my life. The plans made in my younger days have been altered quite a bit but still, everything is truly OK.
                                I hope everyone just starting out adopts the 'one day at a time' thinking because it takes the pressure off. Just get thru today like Byrdie always says

Have a great AF day one & all!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X