Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Family

My best friend died suddenly Christmas Eve 2008. Another good friend died last August after a long struggle with cancer. They were both under fifty and I miss them terribly. It is so hard to make dear friends when you are nrarly 50. I also am scared of getting too close to any of the social friends I have in case, you know, they die and I am devastated again.
    I have just had a lovely Easter weekend with my brother and his family. A great sister in law and four fun children. But I was drawn to drink every afternoon and into the night. I would finish a bottle after giving my sister in law a glass from it, and then I would just keep filling up from the cask of wine they brought with them. Ended up having around 10 or 12 standard drinks before bed. Ashamed that my nieces and nephews see me drunk. They still love me so much and that's hard for me to understand as I don't have any respect for myself. I put the remainder of the cask in the boot of their car before they left even though I know they intended to leave it here.
    So today I come back to you for support and just reading your stories helps me. I will remain AF today. I will check in more often. I will become healthy and gain some respect for myself.
    Thank you all.
    Tant
    AF since 12 April 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

welcome tantangra
      there are lots of aussies here so maybe you can make some new friends
      we have all been where you are so there is no need to feel ashamed
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Tant

Glad you decided to join us. Read lots and post lots and let us get to know you. Dear friends are very special and very rare I think because it takes a lot of time and effort to find one and become one.

Well done on wanting to change. Getting healthy and respecting and liking yourself and being happier are benefits of being af. i wish you all the best on your journey.
        Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

The end of a very long but good day here

Hello & welcome to Tantangra! Please find yourself a comfy twig & settle in the Nest with us!

Great to see so many visit the nest this weekend!
          Let's help each other get strong enough to move forward

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the Nest!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

A funny thing happened on the way to the show...
            I got pulled over for a random breath test and... instead of heart palpitations wondering how much alcohol might still be in my blood, I knew there wasn't any. It felt so great when the officer asked me if I'd had anything to drink, to be able to say "No" :yay:

We had a great day, but the 4 kids spent my entire loot on food and drink. We brought nothing home except a balloon. The younger two got one ride each. Next time I think we'll picnic in the park first to fill them up and then start on the rides and the craft stalls. I realised how towny my kids have become. They were all tiptoeing through the sheep droppings and I said to forget it and just walk. My young daughter rolled her eyes and said "I so wore the wrong shoes." :H But they enjoyed patting all the creatures, and they are all tired and not arguing this evening.
            Back to work tomorrow. :upset:

Comment

Newbies Nest

dancingon,
              LOL! "townie" that's funny.. not accustomed to sheep droppings anymore! sounds like you had fun family time, apart from the money spent! eek.. a picnic for next time sounds good.. food is often so expensive at these places.. its how they make their money I guess..
              "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Monday morning Nesters!

Lots of sun promised here today so I plan on getting out & enjoying it one way or another

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF day!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi KB and Dancing,

Love the sheep poo comments.

We are English peeps living in Queensland. My son is at a school that is still being built and there is a lot of bushland around. They get kangaroos on their oval / playing field and therefore roo poo!

I have taken pics of the roos as they are laying around during soccer practice and sent them home to the UK family. I still can't believe that there can be 7 or 8 roos, with joeys, just hanging around on the field of a suburban school!

Spam

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome, tatangra! :welcome:

Morning, nesters...any coffee left?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters.
                      Welcome to all the newbies that I have not welcomed!!! :welcome:

Fennel - Coffee is on!!!! I am just having my Diet Coke right now.

Enjoyed reading all your tales over the weekend. I need to get moving. We are taking our dog in for her haircut and we are going to get a lecture. We waited too long and she is matted. Poor Molly. I feel bad about it too. I just love her dearly and can't believe that her fur got this long. She is a maltipoo and just such a cutie. We thought she was going to be a cute little tiny thing. Wrong! She is cute medium thing. :H
                      Our poor little kitty is still waiting to have kitties. She is just suffering. She is the one that was abandoned as a kitten and we bottle fed her. I am really hoping that she is going to be able to take care of her kittens. We normally have the animals taken care of before they get to the 'mating' age and we messed up. She was in heat and got pregnant before we realized. Ever since then she has not been right. She has been chasing her tail and screeching. I am really hoping that once she has the babies, she will be ok. It will be any day now. Poor little thing.

Well, what an interesting breakfast subject. :H

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY WHEREVER YOU ARE!!

PS - Yes, we felt the earthquake and the aftershocks but we are fine. Thanks you! Don't remember who asked.
                      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone, hope the Easter Bun was generous..just a quick hello; my computer has been disconnecting me from the internet the last couple days. I was typing a post earlier and it made an alarming beeping noise and froze till I disconnected the power.

Take care out there

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nora,

I don't have any idea about animals so I can't offer any advice.

Hope Cat is good - you sound like you know what you're doing.

Spam xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome: to all the newcomers!!

Nora sorry about your cat.. Is she eating at all? Up all night? Hopefully those stubborn kittens come out soon!!

:wings:Love, Peace, and Happiness!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks - so far, she is still eating and drinking water. It seems like it is going to be anytime though. The weight has shifted. We shall see. I will keep you posted. :thanks:
                              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

should kitty go to the vet????
                                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                                X