Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys

Doing well drinkin-wise, but weekends are really hard for me otherwise, since it is unstructured time with my husband and so an I in the same house. Trying to stay busy. My son is moving not his own apartment on july1st, which I think will make things easier. After that, I plan to spend overnights with family friends when I can. Ugh. This is so tough. I won't get into the details, but suffice it to say I am scared shitless about everything. Finances, living arrangements, work,etc, while in mourning over the loss of my husband, as he was, and the marriage, AND quitting alcohol at the same time. Trying to just get through the day.

Meeting an old college buddy for lunch and a movie, after I go to the gym this morning, then showering at the gym before meeting a different friend at a social get together this evening, with an AA meeting in between all this. I am exhausted thinking about it, but don't want to be home.
    Just venting. Hope you are all good today

Comment

Good morning, Nesters!
      Lav, as much trouble as my one little Chihuahua is I cant imagine taking care of 4 dogs! (Or will it be 5?). You are like Ellie May Clampet with your critters I cant keep up. I hope they dont all try to pile on the bed with you at night!

Hanna, my heart goes out to you. I know how difficult it is to be quitting drinking while holding everything else together. Staying busy is good and you are doing just that. Every day will get easier with all of it. It is normal to be afraid, but I found most of what I feared never happened. One day at a time couldn't be more appropriate! We are thinking of you.

LilBit, Ive heard everything, a SATANIC Storybook? Holy cow! THAT'S all you needed! You've gotta know how much your body is thanking you for getting sober as you go thru this radiation. I'm so glad and its not even MY body! Wishing you an easy time of it all!!

Pav, your posts are always on point. You seem to sum it all up at the end of the day. I hate that expression, but your posts ARE at the end of the day! You always NAIL it!

Little Beagle, you said it, too. Everything doesnt HAVE to he perfect anymore and that's ok.
      Hope everyone has an easy day! Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Morning nest

A lovely sunny winters morning here. I have slept in two days running and feel nearly human which is just what i needed.

Hanna hang in there girl, do what it takes to make it through the day but know when to stop and breath and appreciate what you do have not what you are losing.

Pav i hope all is good with you and the family.

Today i have my eldest daughter and hubs visiting so that will be lovely, mind you i have a house full of sleeping bodies that will be pretty annoyed when i start cleaning shortly, they will be even more annoyed when i tell them to go home but i have finally realised it is my house and if i dont want any of my boys friends around then thats my decision and they need to respect that. Of course they think i am a dragon but such is life.

Happy fathers day to the men and women on mwo who do the hard yards with their kids. our fathers day is in september.

Take care
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Today's project!
          Attached Files
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi, not sure if I'm doing this right, but if I am, hi!

Comment

Welcome, Mitchy! You're doing it right if you're here to get some support to stop drinking :smile:!

Comment

Wow great cake Trish, wish i had grandchildren as i would be placing a lot of orders.

Oh Pauly you have me addicted to the 600lb weight loss programs on you tube. I still think we have a lot in common with our addictions. An addiction is an addiction whatever it is.

Hi Mitch and welcome. You are doing it right by posting and saying hi. Do you have a story to tell us. We are always here to help newbies and oldies alike.
                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Welcome aboard, Mitch! There's some good reading in the Tool Box, link in my signature line, full of tips and coping skills to help you. We are so glad you found us! This place saves lives and Im one of them! byrdie
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Feeling really crappy right now. Not sure what to do but sleep is not there. I know it is too early but just want to hide. Will probably be better tomorrow.
                    Sorry just venting.....
                    KAREN

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Awaiting severe thunder storms & possible flooding, isn't that nice?

Byrdie, my son & his family are vacationing on a beach down your way. Keep an eye on them for me
                      Your cake is absolutely awesome, great work!!!

Hello & welcome mitchy! Make yourself comfortable, stay awhile.

Ava, kick those lazy kids out. I hate cleaning around a bunch of slugs, ha ha, just kidding!

My 'house guests' are spending their nights in the garage on a comfy rug. I found out a long time ago that there is no such thing as sleep when you have 4 dogs in the house.
                      Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

kherriot, what's going on? Want to vent a little? Go ahead :hug:
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

:welcome: mitchy! You took that first big step, now just reach out for all the support that's available here and the steps will get easier!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks, just feeling really lonely right now. Hubby on his way home tomorrow.....had to go to the stupid town to get some stuff and the bridge is closed and everything is backed up and sometime I wish I was back in Calgary. Just feeling sorry for myself. Just talked to hubby and that helped, maybe I will get some sleep. If I wasn't in my housecoat I might just go down the street to the bar, but that would be really stupid.........
                            KAREN

Comment

Feeling a little lonely is OK Karen, completely normal. No need to medicate that feeling with a walk to the bar. How about a good movie & a snack? A cup of sleepytime tea sounds good too. Hang in there, tomorrow s almost here!
                              Last edited by Lavande; June 21, 2015, 06:32 AM.
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Thanks Lav, you know it really helps when you know there are people out there helping. I have taken to tea lately and maybe that may help. Have many varieties. It just really helps knowing there are people who care :love:
                                KAREN

Comment

Working...
                                X