Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

beer and tomato juice

Yuk! I remember serving that to some of the old timers when I use to bartend in a shot and beer bar. There's a name for it, but can't recall.
    Starting over again
    ray:

Comment

Newbies Nest

good morning birdies and welcome to all the newbies,

I was involved in a rather stressful situation this morning involving my step daughter. She had asked me to go with her for support. But I worked out a plan and was prepared. Came here early and made a commitment to remain AF today. Determined to remain calm and not to react to anything that may happen. And then came right here to the nest with a nice hot cup of tea and honey to recoup.

I only have 3 weeks AF and I've pretty much stayed close to home and this site. I've tried to keep my life as calm and stress free as possible. But now it's time for me to start venturing out and learning how to live in the real world.

To all the birdies to follow hope you have a good day.
      AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Last, SD

I think it's called a bloody beer. SD have you tried AF beer if it's the tast you're going for.
        AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

Comment

Newbies Nest

This is going to sound strange...but there are only two kinds of beer I like Mich Golden Light and Bud Light (with TJ)...I tried AF beer when I was pregnant...there was one kind I liked..I think it was Coors Cutter??? It's super hard to find around here...I'll have to do some looking...that's actually a great idea...I have Sharps in the fridge (AF)...soooo gross!!!
          But yeah...I think the Red Beers with Olives are a SD thing...I dunno???
          "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
          7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello nestlings... hope you are all well and warm!

Sorry, still not around much.. I feel sore and beat up, pretty sure now that I do have a case of whiplash... so mostly pain killers and laying down for me today. Aside from that, I'm still going through an 'angry period' - for lack of a better term. I just spend way too much time obsessing about my various addictions, how to stay away from them, and I'm tired of it.

So, don't mind me - I'm grumpy and grouchy and just not a whole lot of fun to be around at the moment. BUT.... still AF and NF. That's gotta count for something, I figure.

I'll try and climb into the nest when I feel a little more cheerful and can actually lend some support instead of just whining.

Smell ya laterz!
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Quick lecture Sun......'give yourself a break. You are doing amazingly well and have inspired many here in the nest, myself included. So, you think about it too much...whaddya expect? It's a proccess and journey and you are succeeding....some thoughts are bound to linger, but you're not acting on them.....focus more on what you HAVE done....and less on what still remains'............okay....I'm done now....
              Papa Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Very nice lecture, Renewal. I do understand what SS means about obsessing. It will pass. All things do.

It's harder for you SS because you are quitting TWO addictions at once. I can't even imagine. You are quite an inspiration to me! Renewal is quite correct. You have accomplished so much!
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sun,
                  You helped me through some bad times my first few days here. If your in pain and feel grumpy so what. You're aloud. So come in for a little feather stroking. (err...well..you know what I mean)

Seriously though..have you been to the Doc? Whiplash could be serious.
                  AF since 7/26/2009

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Dill- cross post
                    AF since 7/26/2009

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lil! Always good to see you! You are also one of my inspirations.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Night Renewal, Sunshine, Dil and Lil just stopping by to say hello and hope a bed for the night in the nest. Sunshine im sorry that u are in pain, whiplash is horrible. hope u are feeling better soon. With regard to obsessing I can identify with that so well but it gets less. Look after yourself, do relaxation exercises very good for whiplash.
                        Luv x:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

nestling in

just flew back into the nest. Looks like some are still out and about. Irish...you're off to bed early.
                          How did monday go for you all? Sun, sorry you feel grumpy. i hope you feel grumpy and proud at the same time cause you're doing such an amazing job.
                          Renewal...looks like you're around. How was your day? Thanks for the support earlier. I got focused on work instead of what my evening was starting to look like. You're right...even when you stop drinking it can take up way too much of ones thoughts!! Had to work late so I never got out on a hike. That's ok. I feel ok. Thanks.
                          How was everyone's monday.? I hope well and safe.
                          a ship in the harbor is a safe ship...but ships were not built for harbors.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Your welcome 'within'....glad to hear your day was a success....great job!! Sun, you're probably resting and with good reason, but do hope you peek at my short lecture above.
                            Fantastic Monday everybody.....proud of all of you.....have a wonderful night....coming around to tuck you in as we speak......see you in the a.m.
                            Papa Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

night night

all you nesters, hope your sleep is restful. See you in the am.
                              a ship in the harbor is a safe ship...but ships were not built for harbors.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening, good night!

Yes, renewal... thank you darling... I need to be yelled at on top of feeling crappy... sheesh
                                Well, I'm just grumpy and blue and sore and whiney... don't mind me. I'll sit over here in the back of the nest and pout until I feel betters. The main thing is, I didn't cave throughout that ordeal.

I'm so glad lilmea, dillie, sd and neuro are holding up the corners of the nest... thanks guys for looking after the new arrivals and for humoring grouchy old farts like me. Time to turn horizontal here... sleep well, nestlings!
                                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X