No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all,Ihhave to agree with Byrdie that Ava is awesome love your mindset and how you tell it like it is,think of how toned you'll look when the sessions are done with had irritating thoughts yesterday, came here and read the "what drinkin was really like" thread,it really helped pull my head out of my ass,that's the reality,end of story,it won't be any different this time,I won't be able to control it this time,amazing the lies we tell ourselves when that urge hits
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

True for me the head in my arse thing Pauly. Hiding from .....erm....hiding from.......? from what? What is a drunk hiding from? There is the question. Not always easy to know, but what we do know for sure is that continuing with our heads up our asses boozing means we will continue to have head. in. arse!

LC. Good job staying off the grog. We don't need it. It is a big fat lie that we do. I can't post a selfie right now, as I lent my selfie extension stick to someone, but I'm told I look a little like Bruce Springsteen or Oz actor Paul Hogan.......when they were younger of course. Well, they are both older than me.

Take care Nester's.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Please don't say you have a selfie stick Mr.G,those are the dumbest invention ever,people look ridiculous with them haha
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Lav, glad you and the chickens are OK. The Weather Channel says 1.4M are still without power. Wow, what a storm system, and I'm truly relieved that you were out of harm's way.

Happy sober Hump Day, everyone. I'm rewriting a gnarly solution brief about network connectivity in large airport LFD displays, today. It's going to be a two-coffee cup morning with lots of Wonder Woman posing. I may even have to do the twirl, although bulletproof bracelet usage is reserved for the most dire of circumstances like when the dog "buries" his latest bone in my laundry bin and I have to sift through socks and underwear to retrieve the half-chewed, soggy prize before it's permanently adhered to my favorite Joan Jett t-shirt. Drastic times call for drastic measures.

Rawk it, G-man!
          "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Thursday morning greetings from the beach pad.

Morning meditation and Superman power pose done, followed by a little twerking to get the blood pumping.

Keep rawkin it y'all. Stay hard freaks. G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Still no power here, still on the borrowed wifi.

G, I think we're going to need you to make a video of you twerking

Lil, did yuo have to result to the 'twirl'? We all need to now, ha ha!

Pauly, good for you banishing those thoughts with a visit to MWO - that's why this place works so well. We just need to use the tools, right?

Wishing absolutely everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!
              Sincerely hoping the power is restored by 3 pm tomorrow as the electric company estimates.

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I use to drink for fun. Well I thought I was at the time. Turns out not drinking is so much more fun. I really enjoy life so much more sober. Holding onto my quit is honestly my number one goal. I think about how wonderful it is first thing I wake up. And last thing before going to sleep it's a relief to know I will be able to sleep. Keep it going.
                Lilbit I had to laugh about the bone in the laundry. My dog gets into my clothes drawer and disorganizes it and thinks shes cleaver by hiding it in there.
                No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Hang in there Lav... I hope the electricity is back sooner than 3pm tomorrow... what a drag! Wishing every one a peaceful night. xo
                  AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Hi, Nest:

You all make me laugh. A witty group here...

LB - you tell the truth. I love that happy feeling of going to sleep knowing I won't be awake with a racing heart and regret at 3am.

LC - A great side effect of not drinking is giving up trying to control everything. Another thing on my LONG list of "I had no idea I made that worse by drinking." It is a VERY LONG list. As a Bubble Hour host says, the farther away I am from drinking, the worse my drinking becomes.

I got some good exercise today in the beautiful weather and ate some delicious summer corn. I love summer (sorry all you in Oz).

Ava - I concur with Byrd - you are a hilarious and caring person. So happy you're here. I wonder how many people you have helped stay sober, your quit twin included.

Good night, all. I am off to a good sleep, uninterrupted by the GSR brothers.

Pav

Comment

Evening nesters

I can walk, I can walk and I actually dont feel too bad. Had a fleeting thought of going to the gym today and talked myself out of that. Spent an hour with Robert at lunchtime instead. I wish i had a magic wand to make him better so he could go home, he has now been in hospital for 8 weeks and i fear that this is where he is going to stay. I have selfish thoughts of wishing he was home so i would have some ME time and then i feel bad, god i am sure he would give anything to be better and be home.

Any power yet Lav? I could not cope if it was me, winter time is not as cold as yours but i love my central heating and so does the electricity company.

Thank you Byrd, you are a treasure, I am sure you would do the same thing if in my situation as you all would. Keep up that walking girl, if i can get fit anyone can.

Well i had better go and finish cooking dinner, the man is over tonight, god i dont even seem to have time for him at the moment and he provides the best form of stress relief! A cuddle guys, a cuddle!

Take care and LC that al voice will fade. I remember walking through the shops, when you mentioned it, and i am sure i was talking to myself. I even ran out of the shops to just get away from the temptation without buying anything. The memories give me the incentive to not go there again. I do remember also feeling so proud of myself for resisting my inner voice. Never let it win!
                      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good morning Nesters,

Happy to report the power came back on overnight, yay! Now just waiting for the cable company to do their thing so we have regular internet, TV & phones. It's been rather 'quiet' around here the past few days, ha ha!

Glad to see everyone hanging in & keeping our quits our #1 priorities
                        Without our quits none of this would be possible, right?

Wishing everyone a tremendous AF Thursday!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by little beagle View Post
                          I use to drink for fun. Well I thought I was at the time. Turns out not drinking is so much more fun. I really enjoy life so much more sober. Holding onto my quit is honestly my number one goal. I think about how wonderful it is first thing I wake up. And last thing before going to sleep it's a relief to know I will be able to sleep. Keep it going.
                          Lilbit I had to laugh about the bone in the laundry. My dog gets into my clothes drawer and disorganizes it and thinks shes cleaver by hiding it in there.
                          LB, this is WORD if there ever was!!
                          In my first agonizing AF days, I'd say, "What I'd give for ONE little drink, just to take the edge off!" It would take the edge off, all right, nothing sharp about me after I got started. I didn't realize how powerful that AL Voice was until I stood toe to toe with it and looked it in the eye. Yes, it took everything I had to say NO, HELL NO! But I did that that's how I got thru it.

A few months after I quit, there was a person who (like me) had multiple starts and stops. She had her own thread for quite sometime and one night she posted that she was really anxious and panicky and needed a drink. She had many days AF going, I want to say, it may have almost been a month, but on this night she looked headed for relapse. Many of us talked to her, but as we all know, that AV is POWERFUL. She said she needed to relax and she was having a full blown panic attack so she gave in. Over the course of the evening, she continued to post! As the night went on, her posts got more and more paranoid and dark and destructive! It was THIS NIGHT that I realized exactly what AL does to us (as abusers). Instead of relaxing her, it made her anxious and extremely defensive! Her panic got WORSE, not better! That night, she drank until she passed out. What an eye opener to witness FIRST HAND what AL says and DOES to us. It does exactly the opposite to what it promises.

Do whatever it takes to get thru THIS day. It is a wonderful feeling to be free of those chains. I see AL now as the enemy, NOT my friend.

I have a new purse and everything is arranged a little differently in this one, which is always a source of confusion for us girls. I looked into the wide opening and saw the top of a small bottle. I thought 'Oh spit, HOW DID THAT GET IN THERE???" It reminded me of the days I carried little airplane bottles of vodka around with me everywhere!!! It was a bottle of hand sanitizer! BAH, it was a nice feeling to say OH SHIT, instead of OH GOODY!!!

Hang in there, it gets better every day!!! Hugs to all, Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Here is a photo of my purse!
                            Attached Files
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdie, that's quite a purse. I love the dog pic, and glad to hear that the little bottle is only hand sanitizer. 'Could see how that would give you a flashback.

Yay for your electricity, Lav. That moment when everything clicks back on feels so good! Alas, I did the twirl and the cat was not impressed.

'Ran into a friend today whom I haven't seen in over three months. The last time I saw her, we were out drinking (heavily!) together, just two days before my quit began. It's funny being around her now. I feel like a completely different human than I was back then. 'Must be -- her jaw literally dropped when she saw me. There are many plus factors to quitting but the genuine, astonished, "You look GREAT!" reaction is one of my favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by little beagle View Post
                                Shhh...we're not supposed to see our furry pals hiding the bones in there. It's a SECRET.

Comment

Working...
                                X