Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good evening Nesters,

Is it only Tuesday evening? I feel like it should be the end of the week already - watching my grandsons two days in a row always does that to me, ha ha! We survived yet another day together.

Cowboy, thank you

Pauly, are you OK? What's going on?
    Stella keeps a bag packed & I can put her on the sober bus first thing in the morning if necessary. Let us know if you need anything, please.

Lil, your cat is looking out after you, give her a treat from me

Hope those fires don't get anywhere close to you kherriot - stay alert!

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi, All:

Hanna - thanks for checking in. I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. Very cool that you get to meet up with a nester in person - hope you have fun.

Lil - Dang, you are a great writer. I love that vignette. Glad it ended on the floor. I don't know how you got sober in the first place - shows your strength.

Pauly - I am glad you're back here. Keep it up. You got this!

Kherri - Sorry for the turn of moods. This, too, shall pass.

I had a nice day off today - got in some home organization and a good visit with a friend.

Good night, Nest.

Pav

Comment

Sticking close. My dads been in the hospital for over a week, very stressful. I am also getting everything ready to go to my best friends wedding on Thursday. I am not worried about drinking at the wedding, it's the stress of getting there and taking care of the dogs and kid. I was having some strong cravings today, hit up the ice cream with some holy basil tea and here I am.

Comment

Steady as she goes Dutch. I think you are doing an amazing job mate.

Late afternoon of day 12 here. Feeling good. L8tr g8trs.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Happy Canada Day to all my Canuck brothers and sisters in recovery!

Morning everyone, seems funny to have a day off in the middle of the week to celebrate Canada's birthday, but as Byrdie says, it's not a ticket to Boozeville! And another celebration today...

ToMyHealth & LostAndFound on getting to that 2 month milestone!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Nesters,

Happy Wednesday & Happy Canada Day to my northern neighbors

We had a spectacular thunder storm over night which knocked out the power for a few hours. Has anyone ever seen a 98 pound Swiss mountain dog pace in the middle of the night? LOL

Dutch, you are facing some stressful situations right now, that's life. We CAN handle anything that comes our way without turning to AL. I have proven that to myself over & over these past six years so I know you can too. Hang in there

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Wednesday!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good Morning, Nesters!
                Dutch, I meant to ask you, how did the other buddy's wedding in Las Vegas go? Good luck to you at the next one. Our thoughts are with you as your dad recovers, that IS stressful. My BIL is currently in the hospital and we were told yesterday he has a 50-50 chance...pneumonia infection has traveled to his brain. Life is so precious, it makes me so thankful that I'm not wasting ONE MORE DAY on AL. Stay strong, Dutch...these are trying times but better ones are ahead. Hugs.

Stay the course, everyone! I've never regretted one day I spent sober! Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi Nesters, things much better today. What a difference a day makes. All that "crap" is in the past and I am looking forward to moving on and up. Can't change the past but I can move forward and enjoy my life. Smoke is almost gone now, maybe I can do some weeding but a little scared of the bear cub out there, Mom must be around somewhere. I think I will give it another day. I am sure the bears are coming in because of all the forest fires. I am going to be very cautious anyways. Have a great day. Things are looking up.
                  KAREN

Comment

20150630_094440.jpg

Oh sure looks innocent now.
                    KAREN

Comment

Looks like a keeper Karen lol! Sweet cub and gorgeous yard!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

20150630_095048.jpg

Doesn't look so innocent now!
                        KAREN

Comment

No sign of mama Karen?

Comment

No, and he has not shown up today so maybe they have moved on. The smoke is clearing so they might be going back to the forest. Lets hope so. Concentrating on books right now so not really paying attention to the outdoors. Still not going far from the deck though.
                            KAREN

Comment

Morning nesters

Kherro that bear looks so cute from afar.

Well yesterday was 19 months sober and i forgot until i was talking to my nutritionist about not drinking anymore and how my nutrition intake is slowly getting better. It was a fantastic feeling to just now lead a normal life without al being in it. There are still issues that i have of course but when you pour al down your throat steadily and consistently for ten years solid, it takes time to heal inside and out. The memories fade, life moves on but i can never forget what al did to me.

Now i am having issues with anxiety and depression. To be expected i guess with what has been going on so i am trying to be gentle with myself. Watching someone die doesnt seem to have many fun moments at present. I can only be there daily.

I am grateful that i dont drink, i am grateful that i dont want to drink. Lots of positives with the negatives.

Glad everyone is doing well, keep it up.

Happy 19 months Pav xx
                              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi nesters!!! So, it has been just over 6 months for me. Right now I am very tired so with that comes the AL disease trying to trick me. It is telling me that I wasn't so bad, that I can handle an occasional drink…..THAT IS A LIE…..So, what I need to do is feed myself, get a tall glass of water, and curl up with my puppy Enzo and watch something good on TV. I will fall asleep early and wake up refreshed and ready to hit the gym.

Alcohol will do NOTHING but make all my progress futile. It is only because I am so tired that I am feeling this way. My brain still hasn't gotten used to dealing with feelings…even feelings of being tired!!

I need to check in here more often. I ready just a few posts and my resolve is back. Thanks for helping me tonight

I am not giving up my 12/28/14 date!!! :thanks:

Comment

Working...
                                X