No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And congratulations Kailey and Lucky me on 7 days today! That is a super duper big deal. Keep it going. :welldone:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Glad you are feeling better, LavB and big congrats to Pie and LifeChange!

A week ago this morning I was sick! Hung to the extreme and pissed at myself for missing out on something that could have been really wonderful. A friend had taken me on a late night sail to watch firecrackers off a point in the Puget Sound. I vaguely remember the beauty of looking up and seeing great white sails full on catching the wind against a dark sky. I remember some moments and snippets of conversation. I remember trying to time how much I drank before we headed out in the evening so I wouldn't be to noticeably smashed. The next morning I got on the MWO forum and read for hours (all of you, by the way) sweaty, blurry eyed then finally, finally I was willing to let the damn AL go, whatever it would take.

Anne Lamott wrote on her 29th sober birthday, " ...Grace bats last. That spiritual WD-40, those water wings, that second wind--it bats last. That is my promise to you."

I'm feeling the "grace," my friends! I hope you are too . Have a wonderful day!
      LuckyMe - I'm Free! AF 7/4/2015

Comment

OMG I woke up thinking today was Sat and it's only Friday! Guess Im excited about day 7. I lost a day this week. Any way. I'm going to celebrate day 7 twice! Love to all. LM

Comment

Nesters! All of MWO is buzzing today (and NOT because of AL!) It's because we have Mile Stoners a-flowing!!!

If revenge is a dish best served cold, then Pie is red hot today! She has gone 365 days showing AL who has the upper crust! During this time, she hasn't dumped meaningless filling betweem our layers, she has participated and made every day a treat! Pie, you are the icing on the cake! We are SO proud of you for your accomplishment!! You are now measuring your quit in YEARS! Well done to you!! :yay:

LifeChange, 30 days is a tremendous mental hurdle for us! You are surpassing it and leaving it a distant memory (poof!) ...onwards and upwards for you! Here's your 30 day hat! :guy:

Kailey and Lucky Me, it just doesn't get any more challenging that those first 7 days. Make a vow to yourselves to NEVER have to do them again! You have done the hardest work so it's now BEHIND you! You'll get no cracks from us, you guys rock! No butts about it!
          :butt: :butt: Here is your full moon! You've conquered every day the week can throw at you!

Well done to everyone! Every day you put between you and AL is a WIN! Dig your heels in and do not give in, no matter what and no matter who!! So proud of us all!!! Byrdie
          Last edited by Byrdlady; July 10, 2015, 08:06 AM.
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Yay for you, Pie! And kudos to the other milestoners, Kailey, LC and (tomorrow) Lucky. It's downright encouraging to see the days ticking by for everyone. :welldone:
            "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Good morning! My internet is as slow as I am this AM!

Here's a funny story only you will get. Well funny/sad at the same time. But I can only chuckle and just shake my head.

So, I've been NEEDING to get a blood test done for some time because I have iron and thyroid problems. I currently do not have a doctor so I couldn't get anyone to send me for one. We had a heath fair in town that included a complete blood screen for $60. So I went at 7 AM. STILL DRUNK from the night before. Good thing I was on my bike because I was not legal to drive. I had fasted from food.....right? I can only imagine how those results will look when I visit with my new Doc on 7/22! My boss went also but they refused him because he had had coffee that AM. I thought, I wonder what they would have thought had I told them I had had whiskey instead It took me until about 10ish that morning to sober up.

Good day everyone!
              The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Pie, LifeC, Kailey and Lucky -- huge, mega congrats on your milestones. You're all sober, living proof of what CAN be done. I'm doing happy feet dances in your honor!

AND....so excited to be getting together with Hannah in a couple of hours for girltalk and dinner! Anyone in the Central Florida area that would like some "in-person" interaction, with non-drinkers, please PM. I promise we're neither axe murderers nor boozers.

Happy sober Friday to all.
                Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Marylou123 View Post
                  Pie, LifeC, Kailey and Lucky -- huge, mega congrats on your milestones. You're all sober, living proof of what CAN be done. I'm doing happy feet dances in your honor!

AND....so excited to be getting together with Hannah in a couple of hours for girltalk and dinner! Anyone in the Central Florida area that would like some "in-person" interaction, with non-drinkers, please PM. I promise we're neither axe murderers nor boozers.

Happy sober Friday to all.
                  That's so awesome that you can meet in person. Have fun!
                  The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Morning nesters

Pie, a whole year, well done and no easy feat but you did it, be proud, spoil yourself and life just keeps getting better and better. Hugs from afar, so proud of your achievement.

Kailey, LC and Lucky keep up the great work, its a rocky road to travel but the rewards are amazing. i never thought i could live the dream but i am and i am so grateful daily for this site and the people on here willing to hold my hand.

Over-it - Day 1 or more? Wow i had a chuckle about the blood test, maybe they will be fine and maybe they will give you more motivation to feck al off. i always told myself i would give up drinking for 5 weeks and then have a blood test, i could not stop drinking for a bloody day let alone 5 weeks so for 8+ years i didnt have a test. now i love them!

Today is mother daughter day. Nails done, coffee and some quality time together. No trying to put her off as i am hungover, now i just worry about what to wear. God those days were just awful trying to get myself together to just spend time with my children. Its sad to think that they cut into my drinking time. Work cut into my drinking time, everything cut into my drinking time. Life is great even with its ups and downs and there are a few more downs at the moment but thats life.

Mary enjoy your catch up with Hanna, i am catching up with a Mwoer next week finally and i cant wait. Its been a long time in the planning but will be so worth it.

have a great one all and stay sober!
                    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Ava, you sound wonderful. I'm glad you get to enjoy some time with your daughter.

I'm having kind of a tough time, and could really use some moral support, please. They said the radiation treatments might cause fatigue but I didn't imagine it would feel like someone dropped a big, heavy, wet woolen blanket over my head and limbs. My eyelids seem to weigh a ton and I can't seem to stop taking naps. Oh well, at least I have practice in ignoring a dish-stacked kitchen sink from my boozer days.

Then, last night, I stumbled across a string of text messages between my fiance and another woman -- some of them explicit. Great. I really wasn't even looking for anything. The phone flashed on the table next to me and I picked it up, thinking it was mine (our phones are exactly alike). When I confronted him about the messages, he lied and said she is a man. 'Sounded verrrry fishy, even here in San Fran, so I looked her up on FB, right then, in front of him. He then confessed that he had lied about her gender. He *says* it was all innocent, that they were just talking politics, etc. etc, but the last time someone mentioned what they mentioned in a political discussion, it was Bill Clinton.

Arrghh! I really should kick his boozing, freeloading, lying, cheating backside to the curb, shouldn't I? 'Was hoping to avoid a lot of drama or hassles until the treatments are over in 1 1/2 weeks. If he leaves, he'll take the dog. I'll miss the dog.
                      Last edited by LilBit; July 10, 2015, 07:54 PM.
                      "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Wow, LilBit. I think you have had some reservations about your fiancé for some time. Maybe this is the opportunity to make some additional changes. But try to keep the dog. You are getting YOUR house in order and that includes all aspects of your life. 2nd best isnt good enough anymore. You are stronger than you think. Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Lil sorry to hear about the dog! You can always get another and another man for that matter. She was a he who was really a she. Wow! I went through that shit with my ex and i wanted to believe what he said in his myriad of bull excuses. Mind you I was drowning in a few bottles of vino so wasnt hard to convince me of his innocent behaviour which in turn led us to breaking up and me having a slight nervous breakdown. Now i am so grateful he has gone and i have my own life. She is one lucky woman to have him is all i will say! A leopard never changes its spots. Take care of yourself, your body is healing and dealing with a lot, be gentle with yourself as it wont be long till you are back to your normal dishwashing self.

Sending hugs and i would offer to wash that wet blanket and dry it for you but crap weather here! xx
                          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Glad to be sitting & relaxing for a bit. I had a nice visit with my girls today after a super busy week watching my grandsons.

Lil, he doesn't deserve you. You are a wonderful & special & caring woman :hug:
                            What kind of jackass would pull a move like that? Especially now of all times
                            I know it's easier said than done but I think I'd show him the door. Have you two been engaged long? Was he really thinking of marriage all along. So sorry you have to deal with this but your health has to be #1! Hang in there, we have a lot of collective strength to offer. Get as much rest as you need right now, please.

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Yo Lilbit,

Sorry to hear that. That cheating caper is beyond me. (edit) He's either in or out! I am a long time gypsy sort who used to have a few women on the go at once, but the diff is I would be brutally honest and tell them the situation. No probs if they didn't like it. I was/am in bands so plenty of opportunities for romance etc. I have finished relationships with great women because I knew I wasn't fully into it, rather than hang on without the guts to end it. Now I'm single, but that's ok. I'm not a great guy by any means, but I think with affairs of the heart, one has to be honest. Right now though, I couldn't organise a shag in a brothel.

Just remember who you are, the amazing things you are accomplishing, and where you are going. From your vibe and posts here, you are super groovy, super funny, super smart, super cool, and definitely Super/Wonder woman. I hope you are proud of your fab achievements. We sure are.

What's that they say?.........something about when you feel things are at a real low point, that's exactly the point where positive change is about to happen.

Don't forget to give yourself plenty of lovin' this weekend. You deserve it and you are worth it. Go for gold!
                              Last edited by Guitarista; July 11, 2015, 03:53 AM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Lilbit, I only know you from these posts and for not that long, but to me you are BIG. I'm sending you love and huge admiration. Take a deep breath and ask your body if she's even interested in this fool man of yours anymore! Take tender care of yourself. LM

Comment

Working...
                                X