No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone, your encouragement means a lot to me. I don't feel all alone anymore.:happy2:
    KAREN

Comment

Originally posted by Starfish1 View Post
      Byrdie, I was never as sly as you were. I just kept the whole blame bottle in MY purse and took swigs straight from that. You were classy!!!
      :rotlf:

Hiya Nesters. The weekend aint no ticket to boozeville see.

Great job on 6 months Dutch!

Wishing all a safe, sober and magical weekend. G
      Last edited by Guitarista; September 5, 2015, 04:42 AM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good morniing Nesters, happy Saturday to all

Waiting for the sun to make an appearance, maybe this afternoon.
        No big plans for me this weekend but that's oK. I could actually use a little downtime.

Dutch, CONGRATS on your 6 AF months :welldone:
        It keeps getting better & better, you'll see!

Greetings to everyone & have a great AF Saturday!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning from the Lone Star state.

Checking in, been super busy with both jobs and running 3 kids around.

Byrd was talking about the importance of posting. It has amazed me at times when I post something that was on my mind, not really thinking it was a big deal, next thing I know my little post turned into 2 pages of thoughts and stories from others..No Doubt they're is power in posting, I actually start feeling guilty when I don't check in, I'll take that guilt over the guilt and shame of drinking any day! Posting is just another integral part in "Not being able to do this by ourselves" and that's all I have to say about that. ..
          Stay Hard weirdos!
          AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Checking in right quick. Getting new specs so will be adjusting to that. I always swear they got the prescription wrong until I get used to them. My cookies may look whompy-toed this afternoon! Wishing everyone an easy day! B
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdie..hope you can see this...

Hey gang,

Been struggling a bit here, but hanging in there. Where is everyone? Let's stick together. This is not easy, but we won't regret it. Let's take it a minute at a time, if we have to.

We won't regret it.

Love you all!
              :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

We're here for you Star. Hang in there or p.m. someone you feel close to. Read Shambles new post (A cautionary tale) as it will remind you how we're just one drink away from a relapse. Stay strong Star!

Addy
                "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

Thanks, Addy...and I JUST read Shambles post. That's just what I needed to read. Appreciate it.

08-13-15

Comment

HAHAHA Starfish! You're funny!

Checking in before we leave to go camping. Love the mountain air and pine trees; hate the packing.

This morning we woke up to a hot air balloon landing on one of our neighborhood streets - 7:30! Blurry-eyed and pre-coffee, we all ran to see it, and the people were so nice! Quite a crowd gathered, and they let the kids help take it down, fold it up, roll on it, sit in the basket... the things that make kids' days. I would have been super irritable if I had been drinking last night. Looking forward to NOT wanting AL, not missing it, filling the holes. I did it once, I will get there again.

Safe a happy weekend to all - hope to get reception to check in again.
                    Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Sounding good, Kensho!

08-13-15

Comment

Thank you for the generous font size Star! I was able to read it just fine!
                        You know the drill of cravings. Eat something, that will help, as you know. Im so glad you posted, sometimes just talking about it helps. I hope you got over the hump!

Kansho, good luck on your campung trip! Stay strong! Are you in a tent or a camper/RV?

Addy, great to see you from Peru! Hope its going well!
                        Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi Fellow Nesters!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful AF weekend.

This is Day 14 for me. I found the cravings really strong on days 8 & 9 but otherwise not too bad.

It's interesting to read the lengths we used to go to to hide our addiction! As a guy I never would have thought about hiding AL in a hair spray bottle but I admit to carrying a flask many times.

I used to buy wine in 4 litre containers - cardboardeaux as I liked to call them - and thought it hilarious that the box said "stays fresh up to six weeks"! Like I ever gave it a chance!

I've read many comments about how good we feel when we get the poison out of our system. Exercise is easier and much more enjoyable. One thing I've experienced but haven't seen commented on in the past few weeks and that's weight loss once the empty calories aren't being consumed. I've lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks. Just one more reason to quit wining!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Congrat's on 14 days QW.

That is huge my friend. Bravo! G

I gotta say I'm pretty chuffed with myself. I spent Friday night sleepover at mum's as she's just out of hospital recovering from a fractured leg. Thankfully she's healing slowly and mentally positive so should be ok. P.S. Dad died when I was a kid. She's still single and a strong, positive woman. The reason I mention this though is that in the past, spending time with my mum has for some reason been a drinking trigger. She's a great person and we get on fab etc. so no tension or drama's ever.

I've tried to work it out, and I think it's that I feel I should've/could've done more for her as a son, like buy her a 'luxury' house by the beach, make sure she had enough in the bank to never go without (though she lost some savings in the GFC crash of 2008 like many, she should be ok for the future). I just seem to feel a sense of helplessness and shortcomings as a son when I see her. She doesn't think this way at all of course, just my perception and it's not real. I've only recently worked this out about myself. So spending that time with her (which we both enjoyed), and not feeling weak and helpless reaching for the bottle when I got home is a step forward for me in the area of my emotional management. Simple as that. Yay!

Thanks for listening to my personal waffle. Take it easy.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Mr. G- That story made my day, Thanks for sharing and congratulations on doing so well! Hope your mom feels better soon!

QW. Fourteen days is awesome! Keep up the great work.

Thanks for all the support guys. Another day dusted.

08-13-15

Comment

Struggling a bit tonight. At campsite, pop-up popped up, and hubs is about to crack a beer. Going to get my fizzy non-AL drink and concentrate on making dinner and try to connect with kids. Why is this so hard? Re-focusing... Glad to read here. Helps to read others. Guitarista, loved your post!
                                Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Working...
                                X