No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Starfish Prize Patrol here lurking and want to wish you a Happy 30 days!!
    When you have time we would like to hear that speech and let you share any trick you might have.
    Good luck at work today and Kudos to you!

Your humble 30 day prize: :guy:
    Originally posted by Starfish1 View Post
    Hey Gang!

Checking in here, but have been hit with a totally absurd MAJOR deadline at work this morning and don't even have a minute to read. Will hopefully get back in later today.
    DAY 30 for me :hugesmile:
    Love you all and thanks for getting me here!
    (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Go Starfish! Awesome job on thirty days. That was such a big milestone for me, I am happy we can start counting the months together!

Comment

Star,
        Look at you with your shiny new hat on! Congratulations! We are SO PROUD of you! Keep up the great work!!! B
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Congrat's Starfish! Cool milestone friend.

My thoughts are with all who have been affected by the 9/11 tragedy.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Yay for Starfish! Way to go on your 30 Days!!

Attached Files
            "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Originally posted by Starfish1 View Post
              Hey Gang!

Checking in here, but have been hit with a totally absurd MAJOR deadline at work this morning and don't even have a minute to read. Will hopefully get back in later today.
              DAY 30 for me :hugesmile:
              Love you all and thanks for getting me here!
              Congrats on your 30 days! I really appreciate everything you bring to these rooms!
              AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Thank you all so very much! I appreciate each and every pat on the back and love you all. I am having technical difficulties this evening with my electronics and my phone but will do a proper post in the morning. For now, I am very happy, very safe and sober and very thankful for all of you. Have a safe and pleasant night all :hug:
                :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Evening check in. Definitely not out of the woods here - would love something that gives me a "reward for" and "escape from" this crazy busy week. But I know the drill, and have my tools and am playing the events through. Not listening to the AL voice because I know that it's all just BS.

Have a good, safe night all.
                  Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Star -- big, huge, ginormous congrats on your 30 days! I'm so glad you're here with us.
                    Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Remembering all those who lost their lives 14 years ago today. I haven't forgotten the fear & sorrow of that day, so tragic.

Starfish, CONGRATS to you on 30 AF days :welldone:

Wishing everyone a safe & peaceful night in the nest!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Feeling really crappy right now. Hubby hasn't worked since July and he is feeling sorry for himself, I try to pump him up but then he goes into a downward spiral thinking everything is going for S..T. I don't know what to do, I am dealing with my own demons right now. ANY SUGGESTIONS OUT THERE?
                        KAREN

Comment

Kherriot...so sorry you are going through this right now! I don't know where you live, but could you take a walk if it's safe, a bubble bath, watch a movie...ANYTHING to scare the demons away??

Comment

Thanks Rusty, every thing you suggested would not work. If I go for a walk I will be attacked by a bear or a coyote. But thank you for the suggestion, I have to deal with hubby right now or I won't be able to sleep tonight. He normally does not feel sorry for himself but he is on a real dozer right now.
                            KAREN

Comment

kher, not sure what your hubby's profession is, but guessing oilfield. Can he maybe donate some time to a charity or volunteer someplace? They both look good on a resume to fill in the time that he was/is unemployed?
                              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Kherriot, is hubby looking for work? Can you suggest a job fair or networking for him. Here in our town there are several groups that meet. One for writing resumes, one for networking and another sounds like it's just a support group for those looking for work. Maybe something like that would take some of the pressure of you. I happened to read the local paper here today and there were a ton of resources for job searching. My coworkers husband lost his job after a back injury and surgery. He took a job at homedepot well beneath his prior pay scale, but he is bringing some money home and feels better about himself. Just some thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                                X