Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good evening Nesters,

Good day today & I actually have no grandkids here for the moment, ha ha!

Congrats on your 30 AF days G - keep going ~ please

Ava, I can't even remember the last time I was in a movie theater. it may have been to see 'Schindler's List'. That's great that Robert is still feeling the desire to get out & do things.

Byrdie, don't let the man flu get you down!! I'll send Nurse Stella if you need her. She'll have you clucking better in no time

Greetings to everyone & sending wishes for a safe night in the nest for all!
    Always remember we have the freedom to choose. Choose what is right & best for you!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post
      That note from KTAB was from about 3 tears ago, I believe. Its from my toolbox.

Freudian slip Byrdlady? LOL.
      Ava, we dont go to movies, either, but I did go see Titanic by myself at a nearby theater. I imported my drink, spiked it in the bathroom. Kept having to pee and missed key parts of the darn thing.
      Crazy how life changes when we quit focusing everything around drinking.

Addy
      "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

Howdy Nest Friends! Feeing great here. Some birthday spa treatments today. I used to feel really toxic after a massage because it pulled out all the yuck in my system . I feel energized and glowing! We are off to see some music tonight (just me and hubs). Another supposed drinking event, but, like STARFISH, I'm feeling stronger and stronger looking at alcohol as something I do not want. UNlike Satrfish, I have GAINED weight! Probably those darn Starbucks chocolate croissants. They heat them up until they are all warm and gooey.... I need SOMETHING to indulge in while losing interest in alcohol. Time to go back to fewer grains again soon though because my jeans are uncomfortably tight. That always seemed to help with cravings also.

Gosh, it sure is helpful to let everyone know I'm not drinking (my close peeps)... Because the dreaded "Why aren't you drinking?" Doesn't have to happen.

Loved your posts Byrdie and AVA... Thank you.

Happy weekend. Whatever you do, no matter how hard it seems, STICK TO THIS! It gets easier and to feel the glow of me knowing I'm taking care if me is priceless and worth every effort.
        Last edited by KENSHO; September 19, 2015, 07:49 PM.
        Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Originally posted by KENSHO View Post

It gets easier and to feel the glow of me knowing I'm taking care if me is priceless and worth every effort.
          Those words right there Kensho. And from this, only good can follow for everyone and everything around us.

Off for a run then a gig wit my band. Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hiya, Nest:

Way to go on 30 G. Onward to 70,000. Right? Stay strong (or hard, as Matt might say), my friend.

One thing I heard on the Bubble Hour was - just because I think it doesn't make it true. Thoughts are not facts. This is another of the million things I have learned while quitting drinking that I can apply to the rest of my life. It has really helped me this week while I struggle to understand the what someone meant without being able to ask him directly. I can tell myself two stories, only one of which will help me get done what I need to do, but I started out thinking for him and that put me in a spin. Anyway - don't know if that makes sense, but the ability to CLEARLY think about things and change my thought patterns rather than trying (unsuccessfully) to drown them with wine - another thing to add to the plus column.

Ava - What a beautiful sentiment. No way I'm going back there, either. As spring springs for you we are heading into autumn. I do NOT like the shorter days at all, but I am grateful for a good spring and summer.

Kensho - coffee ice cream is my favorite! I was out to dinner the other night and I noticed that no one was drinking at either of the tables next to ours. I looked around and WHAT?? There were several people not drinking alcohol. I had NO idea anyone did that.

Good night. I think I'm rambling. Happy SOBER Saturday.

Pav

Comment

A really good you tube video on a guys 1 year to sobriety and how he got to being an alcoholic.

NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO? Book an appointment with me: https://bignoknowllc.setmore.com/ Test your testosterone / Hormone levels with LetsGetChecked and take...
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good Sunday morning Nesters!

I am one with my pot of coffee this morning
                Not in a rush to go anywhere or do anything, ha ha!

Hope you are feeling better Byrdie.
                Have a wonderful AF day everyone!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Morning, Nesters!
                  Our friend, Matt M checked in with me yustaday and said that his guys at the station took a BC Powder and a RedBull to combat The Man Flu (head cold). So I sent Mr. Byrdie to the store and I took this concoction. A short while later I was jacked up to Jesus! MATT! Are you trying to kill me off? I still felt bad, but I had plenty of energy! Does anyone else think that RedBull looks like a urine sample? Good grief. Feeling a bit better today, in spite of that remedy!

Addy, sorry about that typo!
                  NoSugar, I laughed out loud at your not following Dumb and Dumber! You must have been pretty messed up! You are one of the most brilliant folks I know with a killer sense of humor, what irony!!

Hope everyone has an easy day! Dont get lazy about your recovery! Keep posting! Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Quiet morning here. Not having the kids is a nice break, but after two days I remember they are the light of my life!! I am so glad I'm not pissing their childhood away by drinking. I've had a lot of work lately, and though we like what the extra $$ affords I am looking forward to lessening the load so I can coach my son's OM team. They are young and growing fast... I want them to remember a (fairly) calm mom who was present, and part if their lives!
                    Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Quiet morning here. Not having the kids is a nice break, but after two days I remember they are the light of my life!! I am so glad I'm not pissing their childhood away by drinking I've had a lot of work lately, and though we like what the extra $$ affords I am looking forward to lessening the load so I can coach my son's OM team. They are young and growing fast... I want them to remember a (fairly) calm mom who was present, and part if their lives!
                      No truer words Kensho!
                      My children sustain me, and have been a driving force in maintaining my sobriety. I am now present menatally and physically. I still harbor quite a bit of guilt for my past behaviors in regards to my children, but each day it gets easier. I believe Byrd or Lav say it often, don't let Al take another day from you, I include that into past and present.

At 44, I am very grateful to be present here amongst you people, sharing our experiences, strengths and hopes. Do I wished I would have done this sooner? Absofuckinglutely! BUT I still have time to be the father and husband I want and need to be. I still have an 8 y/o that may not ever remember dad drinking. There are so many that would give anything to have what I have, To have what Alcohol nearly took from me.

BC Powder and Redbull is FireService tried, tested and approved to put a little bounce in your step! :nutso:
                      And as Byrd mentioned, I checked in with her yesterday. Just another form of accountability. I fear the wrath of Byrd, Ava, Lav, Pav etc.....Accountability partners, mentors, sponsors what ever you want to call them, as always I highly recommend it!

Stay Hard my friends.
                      AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post

Addy, sorry about that typo!
                        Loved the typ0. After all, didn't alcohol cause a lot of tears for folks? Ava, thanks for the link. There were many other great AL youtubes there. The particular link reminded me of some of Dutch's struggles being similar with the guy who did the video. Watch it Dutch! Byrdie, hope you feel better. I hate being sick.

Have had some family drama, Teen son who has always been a pistol. So glad the stress doesn't make me run back to the bottle. Think I always used some of that as an excuse to drink but it only made things worse. Then I would get madder at son, etc. So glad to be in control of my emotions and not have AL dictate them.

Hi to all.

Addy
                        "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

Originally posted by available View Post
                          A really good you tube video on a guys 1 year to sobriety and how he got to being an alcoholic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maWvbMZdHY8
                          Powerful video, Ava, thank you for posting that link for us. Scary to think what AL is capable of taking away from us. b
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

UNlike Satrfish, I have GAINED weight! Probably those darn Starbucks chocolate croissants. They heat them up until they are all warm and gooey.... I need SOMETHING to indulge in while losing interest in alcohol. Time to go back to fewer grains again soon though because my jeans are uncomfortably tight. That always seemed to help with cravings also.
                            Love that line..........losing interest in alcohol.
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Fellow Nesters

Hope everyone had a safe and AL free weekend.

As usual, some great posts over the last few days.

One of my motivators is my 2 1/2 year old grandson who thinks his Granddad is a great guy. I want him to think of me as a non-drinking granddad who did neat stuff with him for many years.

Today is Day 29. Let's see, I feel much better, have lost 14 pounds, not spent about $400 and have a much more optimistic outlook on life. There is no downside to being AL free!

Hope everyone has a safe night in the nest and a great AF week ahead.

QW
                              Last edited by Quit wining; September 20, 2015, 07:47 PM.
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

WOW QW, congrats to you for a very successful 1st month AF :welldone:
                                True, there is no downside to this excellent new way of living!!

Matt, you can call us friends, mentors, nestmates but never torget - we are the original butt kickers, ha ha! We give kicks with love & concern

This was an OK grandkid free day, no complaints
                                Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X