No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kensho, CONGRATS on 29 days, good for you. A big day tomorrow too.

Yesterday was Day 30 for me and for some reason, last evening, the craving was really strong. I didn't give in and awoke clear headed and full of energy this morning, just like I was supposed to.

Another wonderful thing about being AF is the found time, time that used to be taken by AL and now it can be used for other things. Being AF just gets better all the time!

Hope everyone has a safe and AL free day!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy Birthday, Kensho! You'll get your hat tomorrow for your 30 days AF. Great job, I am glad to hear your thinking is turning around. It helps to have your mind on board with this!

QW, those cravings are a pain in the neck. I still will get one from out of the blue, I just have to push it out and move on. GREAT JOB on your 30 days!!!! Here is YOUR hat! :guy: As Pav said, we have to learn which voices to listen to!
      Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hello all,

Check in for me.

Soo in an effort to strengthen my commitment to a sober life I am going to go see a therapist tomorrow. One that was recommended to me, that deals with Dependencies, Ptsd and other countless mental issues that I'm sure I have. I remember reading somewhere that if a person didn't already suffer from depression, anxiety etc before years of abusing drugs or Alcohol, the chances of having them after getting clean went through the roof. Probably due to damaged brain cells I'm sure.

For most of my adult life I drank to ease my mind. Things I endured as a child to some of the horrific things I've seen happen to people on the job, resentments, guilt etc. I drank and buried these deep. Looking back I'm almost positive these were driving forces behind my past failed attempts.

The great thing about this is, I have absolutely zero desire to drink today. I do not want to bury these any longer. It's time to share some uncomfortable things with a total stranger uke: no I'm not real excited about it, but I am ready to get over this hump, this hurdle in my path to long term freedom from Alcohol.

And that's all I have to say about that..
        Being True to ourselves is part of Staying Hard!
        AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

All the best with it Matt. I know it would feel a bit daunting to say the least.

Good onya Kensho! QDubbya for 30 days yesterday!

As I sit here on this Wednesday morning having a cuppa on day 33, I can say I'm very relaxed, optimistic, and well.....happy. The hard yards of the first days and weeks are done. Now, with the strength and clarity that 30 days AF brings with it, the fear and stress have gone, and it's now a matter of sticking to my daily maintenance plan. This involves a lot of self care like running, gym, making music, hanging with good people/friends, positive thinking and positive vibes. Self reflection throughout the day including gratitude thinking. There is no room for deprivation mode thinking, as not only is that banned, but it is untrue, hence useless. The other side from the darkness, which is light, joy, and endless possibility, is a place I am enjoying being.

Putting one foot in front of the other and keeping it simple.

Take it easy out there and go for it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
            As I sit here on this Wednesday morning having a cuppa on day 33, I can say I'm very relaxed, optimistic, and well.....happy. The hard yards of the first days and weeks are done. Now, with the strength and clarity that 30 days AF brings with it, the fear and stress have gone, and it's now a matter of sticking to my daily maintenance plan. This involves a lot of self care like running, gym, making music, hanging with good people/friends, positive thinking and positive vibes. Self reflection throughout the day including gratitude thinking. There is no room for deprivation mode thinking, as not only is that banned, but it is untrue, hence useless. The other side from the darkness, which is light, joy, and endless possibility, is a place I am enjoying being.

Putting one foot in front of the other and keeping it simple.

Take it easy out there and go for it.
            Mr G - I really liked your post. I'm trying to stick with positive thinking, vibes, people, etc. But, I think that the gratitude and trying to find the positive (even during a horrible day at work like today) is really helping. Life is good and I need to remember that.
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Life IS good Nora. Keep repeating that over & over until your subconscious really gets the message. That's why I liked the hypno stuff in the beginning, it really drove the message home

Kensho, Congrats coming to you on your almost 30 AF days, yay!!

G, stay positive always, makes this mission that much easier

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Matt M. View Post
                Soo in an effort to strengthen my commitment to a sober life I am going to go see a therapist tomorrow.

The great thing about this is, I have absolutely zero desire to drink today. I do not want to bury these any longer. It's time to share some uncomfortable things with a total stranger uke: no I'm not real excited about it, but I am ready to get over this hump, this hurdle in my path to long term freedom from Alcohol.

And that's all I have to say about that..
                Being True to ourselves is part of Staying Hard!
                Matt, I am so very impressed and proud of you. If anyone asked me, I'd tell them that my friend Matt shops in the MEN'S DEPARTMENT!!

And there are so many congrats to go around: G Man, QW, Kensho...I am exceedingly proud of all of you. 'Good times in the Nest, for sure.

As for me, I finished two chapters today, got 7-8 revs in a flying camel, and rewarded myself with the first episode of Downton Abbey Season 6 (shhh...I found a way to view it here in the States before it's released in January). As I said, good times...
                "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Such positive attitudes here! Way to go people!! That's how it's DONE!

I had a nice day. I worked as usual, but came home to a nice walk with the kids and dog, and dinner made (way to go Husband!!). He gave me some yoga tapes and smoothie/juice books - this fella knows me We all did yoga, including the furry, chocolate trouble maker. I got some deep breaths in, some deep stretches out and my toes licked Great end to a great day!
                  Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Yay, congrats QW, G, and Kensho!

Checking in so you guys know I'm still around. I've been SUPER busy cleaning the last week or so. It's one of the things I missed most while I was drinking - which sounds weird, but sometimes (especially in the fall) I feel very motivated to deep clean and move things around. Without that motivation, it was a lot harder to even try to keep up with things and I never felt the satisfaction of feeling like the rooms are new after re-arranging and sorting. In the last week, I've gotten projects done that I was sure I'd never be able to tackle back when I was drinking, and I'm happier in my home than I've been for a long time. Completely cleared out a storage room and went through everything in my walkin closet - two nightmares I'm happy to be done with, plus assorted other things like completely re-arranging my computer room. Yay me!

Stay safe all!
                    I am stubborn as a pig - but changing what I'm being stubborn about!

Cigarette Free On: 9/23/2014
                    AF on: 8/12/2014

Comment

LavBlue, over the last 4 years, I have methodically been 'cleaning house' and getting those awful projects done that have been sitting there in drawers. The last one was getting my photographs in some kind of order. I cataloged 5 boxes of snaps and now I feel peaceful!!! My 'one of these days' finally happened and it feels good! Be sure to keep checking in with us...keep one hand on the wheel! Strength in numbers and all that.

Going to get lab work done today. This used to be a source of terror. Hopefully, nothing will be out of whack at least if it is, I know it will not be a result of AL. I haven't had one drop in 1708 days!

Hope everyone has a peaceful day. Byrdie
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good morning Nesters & welcome Fall 2015!

Done with that hot & humid weather (I hope)

LavB, I'm with you on the clearing out & cleaning before we get into holiday season

Kensho, I forgot to wish you a happy birthday yesterday, glad it went well!

Matt, I hope your counseling appointment gives you the chance to unload all the extra grief. We don't need to carry all that extra weight around, do we?

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Hump day!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Birdie, or anyone else that knows, who do you contact for tech issues? If you look at the We're Moving thread, badger noticed someone on another forum who was trying to register but couldn't because of "JavaScript" errors. Badger gave them all the regular advice regarding browsers, enabling JavaScript, etc. and badger tried setting up a test account, but got the same error. As badger points out, maybe this is why we've had no new members for over 2 months!

And I personally want to thank badger for noticing this person's problem on another forum and trying to get it resolved, the world needs a lot more people like you!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good Morning, Friends, and Happy belated Birthday, Kensho! :balloons: I'm sorry I missed that yesterday. I had a very crazy day and work. Today promises to be the same.

Think: I am grateful I have a job, I am grateful I have a job, I am grateful I have a job, BUT, (I wish I could stay home and watch the Pope on tv today) Oh well!

Guys, I will have to say, I don't remember a time when the nest has been so positive and full of success. I am so happy for us all. I hope everyone has a great day. Thanks for all your support.
                            :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Good morning! Thank you all for the birthday wishes! I'm flying off to a busy day in the city. Couldn't be more grateful for the day ahead. Feeling particularly energetic from the yoga last night... excited to do more soon! Have a good one; I'll check in later!
                              Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                                Birdie, or anyone else that knows, who do you contact for tech issues? If you look at the We're Moving thread, badger noticed someone on another forum who was trying to register but couldn't because of "JavaScript" errors. Badger gave them all the regular advice regarding browsers, enabling JavaScript, etc. and badger tried setting up a test account, but got the same error. As badger points out, maybe this is why we've had no new members for over 2 months!

And I personally want to thank badger for noticing this person's problem on another forum and trying to get it resolved, the world needs a lot more people like you!
                                I've had good results emailing Kelly Strong at:
                                Kelly Strong <mywayout.helpdesk@gmail.com>

Good luck, Cowboy!!! B
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X