Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Ava, Pauly, Addy, Lavande, Byrdie & Dutch,

Thank you for the lovely posts, your support and encouragement means the world to me. I really appreciate your messages and will take your advice and follow it.

Think I'm going to snuggle up with coffee and my computer and catch up on years of posts because I am feeling emotionally and physically spent. I wish I had family and friends to be busy with like all of you.

One last thing, and this is just out of curiosity, I noticed the Roll Call and the Nest are lacking newcomers. When I was here in 2013, there were so many of us, doing it together. Just wondering how that drastically changed and if anyone else noticed the same thing.

Anyhow, I truly appreciate all your support and hope, I too, can get to a place where you are. Addy, it's really nice to meet you, as Byrdie said, thank you for taking the time.

I look forward to getting to know each and every one of you.

Have a nice day.

Comment

Hey LS,
      Getting our newbies back has been an ongoing issue. As it turns out, for the past two months a javascript error was preventing new folks from registering. That was corrected (I think!) a couple days ago. Then there is the issue of money. It costs $$ to appear in online searches and apparently, the forum gurus arent spending it. As it usually does, it all boils down to money! We have noticed some new traffic tho, and we are grateful for it.

I am spending the alone also, I have developed a new passion with decorating cakes and cookies. I really enjoy it....who knew?! I made a batch of sugar cookies last night and when I got up this morning, I couldnt wait to decorate them! Thats pretty cool. I started this back in March. LOVE IT!

Raining all day here, but happy in my own skin. I hope you are doing ok here on Day 4. Great job! B
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Yo Nesters near and not so far,

Good to see you LS.

A gorgeous sunday morning here. Might see if I can get along to an AA meet today, just for a recharge and the connection factor. I'm always uplifted and humbled in some way.

Take it easy out there.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hiya, Nest:

Welcome back, LostSoul. I was very afraid when I stopped drinking, but I listened to people here, read and watched, read and watched some more. You'll find connection when people say "me, too" and when you connect with something someone else has posted. Keep circling those stores if it means you're not going in...

It took so long for me to read back (family interruptions) that I can't remember who said what. Addy? NoSugar? I think it was you. but YES!!! A thousand times YES!! I want to stop coming here because I want to not think about drinking daily, and I don't really. But I have read and researched enough to know that staying in touch with a sober community to reinforce WHY we don't drink is KEY. I hate to say it, but reading what others are going through is a good reminder to me of how I felt when I was first quitting. No way I EVER want to go back there.

I had a long day of work on this lovely Saturday, but am grateful to have work that I love, even if there is too much of it. Looking forward to a day off tomorrow.

Happy SOBER Saturday, Nest.

Pav

Comment

Struggling a bit tonight. I am not feeling well again. I went to the Dr. about sudden hearing loss on one side and by the time I got there, it was resolved (after a day and a half of very uncomfortable lopsided hearing). But then it came back last night and all of today. My mind goes to the worst possible options - and I just want to escape how I feel right now. My thoughts have turned to a drink more than once tonight. But I'm telling myself that I can get through anything for one night... we'll see what tomorrow brings. I want to feel better!!!
            Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

I have been busy all day making preparations for a birthday party for my husband tomorrow. A booze free party with the three grandkids & their parents is perfect

Dutch, I hope you don't feel responsible for your brother's happiness. That's up to him & the choices he makes, right?
              It sounds like you are doing more than enough to help him keep going. He has to do his part too. Focus on what makes you happy, what would be best for you & your family. You have been doing great!

LS, we all felt alone & weird when we first started here. At least I know I did! Getting to work on my plan & imagining myself as a non-drinking adult kept me busy enough during those first few critical weeks. You are definitely not alone here!!

Pav, I know I have thought about wandering away from MWO at times too but I am still here
              It hasn't hurt me yet so why make any changes?

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by KENSHO View Post
                Struggling a bit tonight. I am not feeling well again. I went to the Dr. about sudden hearing loss on one side and by the time I got there, it was resolved (after a day and a half of very uncomfortable lopsided hearing). But then it came back last night and all of today. My mind goes to the worst possible options - and I just want to escape how I feel right now. My thoughts have turned to a drink more than once tonight. But I'm telling myself that I can get through anything for one night... we'll see what tomorrow brings. I want to feel better!!!
                Kensho,

It can be as simple as a build up of wax to an infection or a disease called Ménière’s disease. With Ménière’s disease you will experience changing bouts of pressure in one ear with low-tone hearing loss, tinnitus (ringing) and long bouts of dizziness. Your sudden hearing loss may improve in the short-term, but can recur with further bouts of Ménière’s disease. For more information, google Ménière’s disease. Could also be caused by trauma (which you didn't mention) or a loud noise. I had a teen scream so loud once that it affected my ear closest to her for a night. Don't think the worst but see your doc if it continues to bother you and look up Ménière’s disease. Whatever you do, do NOT let it give you an excuse to drink.

Addy
                Last edited by All done drinking; October 3, 2015, 11:52 PM.
                "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

Evening nesters

A beautiful day here, amazing how much happier you feel when the sun is shining.

Had a lovely afternoon with the 4 children and i realise how lucky i truly am to be beating this addiction. 96 weeks of freedom although the first few felt like hell, plus some.

I had dinner duty with Robert tonight, its where we cook, he eats and we spend some quality time with him. too many visitors now is distressing for him. He told me tonight he is amazed that i stopped drinking with only the help of "my drinking site" as i call it (well we all drank). I told him that this site was my saviour, it was my AA and it still is. It keeps me accountable each and every day. My children were also my great support. Each day at work before i went home i would try and justify why i needed to drink. Each day i would message one of my children and say "i need a drink" and each time they would reply with "no you dont". That thought to my overdriven brain was enough to make me realise that NO i didnt need that drink, i didnt want to throw away the week or whatever i had. I could do this and i am doing this. He told me he had a heroin addiction years ago. I had no idea. It was a very interesting dinner and i love being able to speak openly and freely of what is not acceptable in society. I am not an outcast, i am a person and its amazing what we dont know about what others hide.

Pav a happy 22 months to you my friend. I had no idea that Avicci had a new album out and i had to smile, i had forgotten "my song". Seems like such a long time ago.

Have a great Sunday x
                  AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good Sunday morning Nesters,

No sun here but at least it's not raining so I am happy
                    Birthday party here for the old man so I'll be busy all day, haha!

Kensho, hope you're feeling better.

Hi there Addy!

Ava, we are all very lucky to be here & beating this addiction with the wonderful support we get & give
                    Having a quit buddy is a real bonus too!
                    All of you who are part of Robert's support team should be very proud of yourselves. Obviously you have provided him with the loving care he needs :hug:

Wishing everyone a great AF day ahead!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning from an absolute beautiful North Texas fall day. Just getting home from a rough 24 hr shift. The cool air really brings out the crazy in people, lots of drinking and poor life changing decisions made. Sad and unfortunate.
                      Going to try and relax today, which I'm not very good at.

Kensho- hope your better. Play that drink out over the next week, you'll likely end up 10x more miserable than your current state of mind. Everytime I play a drink out, I rarely make it passed 24 hours before I know that vicious cycle will start all over again. The temporary escape with Alcohol will compound problems and lead us back to the Fuck-its, and who knows how long that may last? Could be weeks, months even years before we come crawling back, if we make it.....

" If I had only drank more!" Said know one ever in their final days....

Stay hard family and whatever you don't take that first drink!
                      Last edited by Matt M.; October 4, 2015, 09:49 PM.
                      AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Checking in from a rainsoaked NC! Yuck!
                        Yes, I wish I were normal, too, but Im not. I need my support system. So I finally grew a backbone instead of a wishbone and my butt is glued in to my support system! I MAY be ok on my own, but Im not willing to risk it. I have WAY too much to lose! Stay connected to the MotherShip! Have a great Sunday! B
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Thanks Matt, Addy, Lav...

Mornin' folks. Still can't hear well! Gosh, the things I took for granted! Addy, looked up Meniere's and though I don't have the vertigo piece (thank God!), there is a version called cochlear hydrops that plays with the pressure and low tone hearing. Who knows, but it's not fun.

I didn't drink, but I did have a drinking dream - it was terrible! I awoke wondering if I did have any... !!!

Anyway, going to get through THIS day and focus on what I DO have... eyesight, children, fall leaves, and this site
                          Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Byrdie (and others), the East Coast looks pretty flooded on the news - hope you all are ok!
                            Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Thank you, Kensho, it is a mess here in NC. We live on a seven mile island and many parts are flooded. Fortunately, we are not! Our sunroom took on some water from the 45 MPH gusts we had, now its just rain. Schools are closed tomorrow. Ive never seen so much water!
                              Attached Files
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hey Byrdie, so glad you were spared the worst of Joaquin. Sounds like there's been lots of damage along the eastern coast, especially in South Carolina.

Hope our fellow nesters in your area are safe too.

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X