Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone,

I was at a loss at where to start but I've read somewhere that I should start and say hi here...

so "HI!"... I feel a lil bit out of place since you've been all like a family here (reading from the threads)... but I know I'll get "there" someday.
    Last edited by junelivertrack; October 15, 2015, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Welcome June! Settle in and good to see you.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

oohh thanks Guitarista!

Comment

Originally posted by junelivertrack View Post
          Hello everyone,

I was at a loss at where to start but I've read somewhere that I should start and say hi here...

so "HI!"... I feel a lil bit out of place since you've been all like a family here (reading from the threads)... but I know I'll get "there" someday.
          Morning June, welcome on board, not long here myself, it doesn't take long. :hug:
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Guitarista, you are so right, and I suspected the same thing. Still in the foggy, self loathing stage.. I wasn't fooling anyone. It also dawned on me that in the past I wasn't half as bad into my alcoholism when I had gotten a job and typically had more lead time to prep and wouldn't drink. Going to cut myself some slack, take it easy for a bit longer and focus on making sobriety my job.

LavanderB, thanks for sharing your experience, it makes me feel better knowing Im not alone. Hope this disappointment will lead to new opportunities like yours did. As you all can attest, a better life is going to unfold, which makes sense b/c as we change our reality, we change our destiny.

Welcome June, make yourself at home, you're in the right place!

:welcome:

Comment

Good Thursday morning Nesters

Sunny & a bit chilly here but it feels right for this time of year.

Hello & welcome June! Glad you found us & decided to join the group. Some of us have been around here for a very long time & some are brand new just like you. Just make yourself comfortable & we will work together

Hello to everyone 7 sending wishes for a great AF day for all!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Welcome, June!
                We are so GLAD you found your way to the nest! It's the best place I know to learn the tools and coping skills needed to kick this beast to the curb! If you haven't already, just read back several days to get to know us and then jump right in. Your status says you are shy, but believe me, you can't shock this crowd....we've said/seen/done it ALL! Is this your first time quitting?

Great to hear from everyone....Star, hope you check in soon! Matt M, don't make me come over there! Posting generates posting and you never know what might help someone!

Hope everyone has a peaceful day! Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

hi welcome june glad to meet you .
                  Had physio this morning ,a lot more exercises ,ankle hurts like anything -just want to get it right, get my 'normal back '
                  Karen my hubby still has the habit of kissing me purely to test if I have had a drink ,(especially if he thinks i'm acting a bit strange ) It makes me cross ,but I suppose the trust thing does take time.
                  I'm off to knit a bunny
                  x
                  AF 10th June 2014

Comment

Starting day 8. Yesterday at 7, instead of feeling great, I was just meh. A little down, and lots of cravings at night. I knew I was hungry, but still.
                    I've got to get some motivation back. That's one of the things AL has taken from me that I miss the most. The lack of will to do anything. I can barely get the laundry done or the lawn mowed. I guess I have to borrow one of G-man's tools, out the door first thing in the morning for exercise before the demons come knocking. (I can't run, too old, and bad knees, but I can walk the dog) Today is sunny and crisp, I'm headed out. Check ya L8r.
                    Welcome June, jump right in, the water's great!

Comment

I feel a lil bit out of place since you've been all like a family here (reading from the threads)... but I know I'll get "there" someday.
                      Welcome, June! This is LilBit here to say that you're not even a lil bit out of place, here. We're all adopted in this family and now, so are you.

Wishing you all a great Thursday. Oh my, where did the week go? At least, I know where it didn't go: into a big ol' pile of AL-soaked guilt, shame and remorse.
                      "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Good Morning, friends :hug:

Welcome, June! We are so happy you found us. You are definitely in the right place for tons of advice and support.

I am feeling a little better today, thanks for everyone's concern. I still have not been able to read much, just skimmed through the posts. I will be able to help more when I am a little stronger, I promise. I love you all and thank you all for helping me.

I am strong in my quit and so happy about that.

Have a great, sober day everyone!
                        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Welcome June! You've come to a great place. You'll find long term quitters, some not so long and some newbies. You will never likely find a group that's more supportive and non-judgemental than here in the nest. Read often, post often and don't forget to sign into roll call.

Mr. V, I know about getting old and having bad knees. My advice - get a good quality running shoe (not walking) and take your dog for a walk. And have the shoes professionally fitted if you can as it makes a difference. My pup and I walk twice every day. First thing in the morning, before breakfast, we walk 5.5kms (just under 3.5 miles) and another 2 kms (1.4 miles) late afternoon. We both look forward to it.

Hope everyone has a wonderful AF Thursday!
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I feel a lil bit out of place since you've been all like a family here (reading from the threads)... but I know I'll get "there" someday.
                            New family members are always welcome. That is always the intimidating part for everyone who is new, kind of feeling like they are on the outside looking in but you'll become very comfortable here. Glad you got the courage to start somewhere. We're here for you and look forward to getting to know you!

Addy (All Done Drinking...Yes!)
                            :welcome:
                            "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

Originally posted by Starfish1 View Post
                              Good

I am feeling a little better today, thanks for everyone's concern. I still have not been able to read much, just skimmed through the posts. I will be able to help more when I am a little stronger, I promise. I love you all and thank you all for helping me.
                              I remember you said it was a family emergency so hope all is ok with you. You know any of us are reachable by p.m. if you ever have a need to discuss anything more privately. Glad you are feeling strong in your quit. 90 days for me yesterday. I am happy about that!

Addy
                              "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

Good morning! Beautiful fall day here. Getting caught up with accounting today. It always feels good to get paid

LavB, I love your take on your job situation - you didn't know it at the time, but the job you didn't get opened the door to something really good for you. Great mindset!

Kherriot, you sound very positive. Happy for you.

Welcome JUNE! Someone else said it, but it doesn't take long to get to know folks. Glad you are here.

Thanks for your thoughts Dutch. As Byrdie has said for as long as I've been here, the only way out is through. I'm prepared to deal with anything over the next year, no matter how hard or uncomfortable, without alcohol. I believe you long-timers - that it will get better.

LS, keep your head up. I'm not sure why I just couldn't get out of my head this past weekend and KNOW that things always get better, but I think it would help us both to remember. There's something good just around the corner.

I've kept up my exercise every day - and it feels really good. I've also decided that come hell or high water, I will make it past 100 days. I haven't made it that far - and that feels disappointing to me for as long as I've been working at this. At 100 days, I'm going to treat myself to a spa visit. Anyone can make it 100 days without alcohol - in the scheme of an entire lifetime, right? If the average person lives 29,000 days, it's .003% of my time here.

That was a really rough spell that I just went through, and I think it was a mixture of PAWS and viral stuff and season changes. It all hit me at once. But I feel great this week. I wonder how much one drink sets a person back in this journey - chemically speaking. Not to minimize that one drink at all, but I have a little hope that I won't have such a harsh go of it at 40 days again. But if I do, I know it will pass. I find myself wondering whether that one drink gave my brain a "fix" that is lasting this week - or if it's just a better week - sans virus? I know it shouldn't matter, but I find myself wondering.

Off to get the numbers crunched. Have a good one!
                                Last edited by KENSHO; October 15, 2015, 11:07 AM.
                                Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Working...
                                X