No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome June! Your going to find a resoundingly understanding group of people here, let us know what your looking for from MWO and you will get plenty of advice and direction.

Mr. V I know what you mean about the lack of wanting to do anything, I still suffer from that a lot of the time. As I have mentioned countless times on here before, I used AL as a reward at the end of the day. From everything I have learned from Kensho and looking up dopamine, I would do whatever i thought I had to at work or home to get to my reward. Without the anticipation of AL at the end of the day, I just don't feel like doing the work anymore. I did the bare minimum most days, and have gotten better in the past few weeks. The idea of making 80k has me a little more motivated. Goals really kick the dopamine up, even if they are personal. I also think instant gratification has become a challenge for me too. The more scrolling i do on facebook, or even on here, makes me less inclined to go do things. I think that is why exercise is great, it forces you to do something that is initially uncomfortable, but you get that reward at the end. pretty soon you start anticipating the reward and feel better! Good luck with the walks!

Kensho I think you have the right idea with the 100 day reward. I am trying to get back the motivation I used to have during the pink cloud, or rather when I used to drink. I found that finding meaning in the everyday things helped, but having a goal at the end is definitely a motivator as well. Maybe set a midway goal as well, like a massage visit instead of the whole spa thing. Just yesterday I was thinking 8 months sounded so far away, when it is really only 20 days away. My motivation for quitting has been waning since...the beginning really haha. I am trying to think of a nice 8 month treat to keep me motivated since I will have made it 2/3 of a year. I still think your an incredibly strong person, if i had one drink you wouldn't hear from me for a while, I'd be back to my old shinnagins in no time.

Comment

Just saying hello :checkin:
      The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Hi Overit. How r u?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Mr V, we owe you a 2-Cheeked salute! :butt:
          Your full moon for 7 days! Well done! The worst is BEHIND you! :butt: B
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

CONGRATS to Addy on 90 AF days, :yay:

Hang in there everyone, the bad days will pass & soon you will be having more good days than you ever could have imagined

I had a good day hanging out with my 4 1/2 year old, speed talking grandddaughter, ha ha.
            I was outside afte dinner clearing out one of my flower beds & ended up with not one but two bee stings in one hand - OUCH Why are the bees so angry this time of year. Have they heard that we may be having a frost this weekend? Perhaps!!

Wishing everyone a safe & sting-free night in the nest!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Super tired, just got home from a charity event for the animal shelter. I wanted to share, though, that it really wasn't that bad even though the location had a bar. I gave my drink ticket to someone else, and other than a split second thought of finishing my mom's glass of wine...I didn't really think much about drinking at all. When others talked about their drinks I could chuckle along and it didn't bother me any more than if they'd been eating something I didn't like and talking about that.

I wanted to post that just to let folks know it really does get better and easier. I was out where there was a bar and with the stress of making small talk with people I didn't really know...but I really didn't crave a drink. And if i can reach that point, I know anyone can!

And I only didn't mention it here sooner because it didn't even occur to me that there might be a bar at the location until we got there!
              I am stubborn as a pig - but changing what I'm being stubborn about!

Cigarette Free On: 9/23/2014
              AF on: 8/12/2014

Comment

Hi guys I'm fighting the strongest cravings. They haven't passed. I came to 'an all you can eat buffet' and ate pasta pizza and dessert. It made me feel a bit better but I'm still going through it. I don't know how I'm going to do this alone, I'm so weak.
                Hope everyone's having a good night, I'll get up to speed on posts when I get home

Comment

Lost Soul, Play it through to tomorrow morning. Think about how much better you'll feel (and how proud you'll be) if you get past this evening w/o drinking. A craving won't kill you. Drinking can. Please don't risk your self-image, your confidence, or your life for something that has hurt you so much. xx

Comment

Quick check in for me, all is well, just busy in my first day of a double shift. Going to try and read back and get caught up.
                    Stay hard freaks!
                    AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Originally posted by LostSoul33 View Post
                      Hi guys I'm fighting the strongest cravings. They haven't passed. I came to 'an all you can eat buffet' and ate pasta pizza and dessert. It made me feel a bit better but I'm still going through it. I don't know how I'm going to do this alone, I'm so weak.
                      Hope everyone's having a good night, I'll get up to speed on posts when I get home
                      Just reiterate what NS said. Play that quick fix out in your mind for the next 2-3 days, leave out no details. Read back and see how many in these rooms said Fuck it, then drank then ended up back here with more remorse, shame and guilt than before.
                      It's not worth it!
                      Stay Hard and stay close, and whatever you do don't take that first drink!
                      AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Hi guys, thank you sooo much for your "warmNess" (that's not even a word, but you all know what I mean)... Im sorry I cant name you one by one (yet) ... You're all so cool. btw, I had to see the doctor today. I'm doing homeopathy rather than the synthetic meds set-up.
                        uhhhm, you know, fatty liver...

I'm not that sick anymore just a little on the maintenance side. and I've been sober for a year, 4 mos, and 12-days (giving myself a lil pat on the back. yay!)

to be honest, I've found MWO because of my job, it wasn't so relevant to what we were looking for but I registered anyway after last Friday's night out with the office people. We had dinner, and Karaoke, and THEY had shots... and I was soooo tempted to get one for myself (battling if maybe it was fine since I've been AF for so long but naah)

I just dont wanna get sick again, I dont wanna spend so much on drinks on weekends again, i just want to be "OK" and feel somehow proud for not giving in to that sort-of dark part of my existence. -->>> and then I FOUND YOU!!! and this just added another shade of color to the reformed me!

-June-

Comment

Hi, All:

Another quick check in for me.

Welcome, June! I know what you mean about intimidating, but honestly such a nice group of people here.

I have a full life right now. Two kids, a big job (that I love), and a giant side project. Who in the world has time to drink? I'm not sure how I ever did it before.

Carry on...

Pav

Comment

Originally posted by Pavati View Post
                            Who in the world has time to drink? I'm not sure how I ever did it before.
                            TRUE!!! thanks Pav!

Comment

Hiya June and Overit!

Checking in before finishing my time billing. Should be another hour, and then I will be in bed. If I really think about it, I usually look forward to bed more than I crave a drink. The fact that alcohol makes the experience sleeping worse - well, it should be a no-brainer. Good sleep is wonderful.
                              Last edited by KENSHO; October 16, 2015, 12:24 AM.
                              Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Gonna make it a mindful Friday.
                                Not feeling so great these days, still dealing with bad neighbour behavior- unbelievable.
                                Going to focus on art today, mindfulness and trying to keep my thoughts in check and not rambling away from me. Drinking will just make all this MONUMENTAL. I want it all to slowly disappear.
                                Funny how important our emotions are and rather crazy we (me and some others I think) were always told to hide/ignore them.
                                bad idea.
                                Last edited by Eloise; October 16, 2015, 11:50 AM.
                                (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Working...
                                X