Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning, nestlings!
    Congratulations on becoming a grandmother, Nora- I'll be expecting photos of the grand-kittens soon! :H

Coco, I've got your other flipper...one thing I've discovered about myself is that I need something to do during the time I was usually drinking. I've been reading tons...half of my reading material is about addiction, the other half is biographies and what not. There are a lot of good books out there about drinking.

Also, I constantly remind myself of the damage that drinking does to my body. There is no way a person comes through a daily drinking habit without horrible health consequences. I do a fast-forward of veins popping out on my face and other body parts, edematous limbs, failing kidneys, end stage liver disease, heart disease, etc. Not how I want to spend my golden years. It's not pretty!

Finally, I can't deny that I feel better these days. I'm not wracked with guilt or feeling sick in the morning. I don't have that tremor in my hand any more. I don't feel that I'm hiding some big, bad secret any longer.

Hang in there, Coco...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the encouragement, Tranq...I just took my first dose of Topa yesterday. Mrs. Fennel is gone all week on business, and I figured now is as good a time as any to start. I'll order the supplements and CDs today.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning to Lav, papmom, panno, mama, tatangra, dancing, chook...chook, what is a medieval festival like? Do you have to speak "medieval"?

I hope you have a good mental health day, mamabear...we all need one once in a while!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I ended up coming into work....not real good at wallowing in bed feelling sorry for myself...feeling depressed and kind of weepy, so i have called doctor to see if i need to up my dose of anti depressant...also I take topa which has a side effect of depression....may need to quit taking that....am waiting for a call back,.....can't stand to be a crybaby....
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

fennel;836949 wrote: Good morning, nestlings!
            Congratulations on becoming a grandmother, Nora- I'll be expecting photos of the grand-kittens soon! :H

Coco, I've got your other flipper...one thing I've discovered about myself is that I need something to do during the time I was usually drinking. I've been reading tons...half of my reading material is about addiction, the other half is biographies and what not. There are a lot of good books out there about drinking.

Also, I constantly remind myself of the damage that drinking does to my body. There is no way a person comes through a daily drinking habit without horrible health consequences. I do a fast-forward of veins popping out on my face and other body parts, edematous limbs, failing kidneys, end stage liver disease, heart disease, etc. Not how I want to spend my golden years. It's not pretty!

Finally, I can't deny that I feel better these days. I'm not wracked with guilt or feeling sick in the morning. I don't have that tremor in my hand any more. I don't feel that I'm hiding some big, bad secret any longer.

Hang in there, Coco...
            Thanks - I needed that!

(Anyone else remember this commercial?) Signed, Methuselah

Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Newb's ! I'm an old dog.....Ha! just checking in to help......Mama Bear....I'm on antii 's myself. Zoloft is my beast.......I come from a family of depression. My father was Instionalized for it. Some times you have to up the anti...drinking will only make life more unbearable ! IAD
              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Newbies Nest

mama bear;836964 wrote: I ended up coming into work....not real good at wallowing in bed feelling sorry for myself...feeling depressed and kind of weepy, so i have called doctor to see if i need to up my dose of anti depressant...also I take topa which has a side effect of depression....may need to quit taking that....am waiting for a call back,.....can't stand to be a crybaby....
                Cheer up, Mama. THE SHOW MUST GO ON!!

Feel better! We are all with you!

Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Coco!
                  Sending you strength and love. Hang in there!
                  (You too Mama!). We're all here for you!
                  :h
                  K9
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

As I sit in my reading room....I support you all ! Ha! Keep fighting New'bs...IAD
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Newbies Nest

sending you love and strength too coco nut...we still have to go on the road with our comedy routine...
                      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am giving our whole nest a great big hug and some Lav - antitude. (Don't know how to spell it )

Hang in there everyone!!!! One step at a time and we are all holding on with wings, flippers, paws, fingernails and whatever we got. :l:l
                        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes NoraC.....hang on withall your being !! IAD
                          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mama Bear - your PM Box is full!!!!!
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats on the new arrivals, Nora! They don't much look like kitties right now, do they? :H

Coco.. we all got a firm grip on yer flippers... *scootching over to pull you up*
                              MamaBear... I hope the Blues will leave you in a hurry! I have no experience with Topa.. so can't say if that contributes.

I had my own lengthy discussion going on in my head this morning. Ridiculous, really. Anyways, I opted for a glass of milk, some strawberries and a bagel, instead. Sheesh.

And now, I really need to get some work done, then later meeting with the backhoe guy (building a horse barn this summer) and tonight off to the stable where Atlas is at the moment. I'm looking at May 2nd-4th to bring both the horses home

Hang in there, ladies and gents... there's strength in numbers and we're all here in this together!
                              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm back and a little battered

Hi All,

It's been awhile since I posted. I know some of you are aware I lost my twin a few weeks back and things well, they have been heartbreaking and I know I haven't even got to the real pain and realization of everything.

I usually drink to celebrate and not when I am low. But I think I have found another way to bring AL into my life. Too numb. Haven't used that as a crutch before.

So I MUST get changed around. I will go through some ugly times and will always feel a piece of my soul is gone but i CAN'T continue with AL.

I kept saying I will get the book and other stuff blah blah blah. So after this post I will order My Way Out Book to get started. I take Lglutemine and B supplements.

Any other books that helped any of you?
                                I am not going to AA (my town is WAAAAY to small for that - just can't go there).

I need to break free of this AL hold. Isn't it funny how much the AL Beast wants to be with me in this difficult time? What a horrible beast.

Any resources that have been helpful please let me know. I feel like I could go either way here and in my heart I want to take the sober road. I'm back at scared and feeling I'm loosing this battle.

Meech:upset:

Comment

Working...
                                X