Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LostSoul33 View Post

The key to this quit has been patience, gratitude and living in the present. Yesterday and tomorrow are out of my hands. I am getting to know who I am, what it is that I want, realizing my dreams and creating a life for myself that can healthily embrace all that I deserve.

xx
    Living in the present is underrated! Right on LS. Congrat's on 37 days. Thanks for your post.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Mr. G, I am so happy to hear the change in mindset this time! Here is your photo of todays project!
      Attached Files
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post
        Mr. G, I am so happy to hear the change in mindset this time! Here is your photo of todays project!
        Those cookies look pretty amazing. Just like their creator! :thumbsup:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Those cookies are a work of art Ms. Byrdie!!!

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Byrdie, you are an artist
            Very nice looking cookies there!!!

Awesome on your 37 days LS!
            Isn't it wonderful to be able to recreate yourself?

Pav, glad you're home safe & sound.

Lil, I'll have to save that picture for my granddaughter - it's all of her favorites wrapped into one Don't work yourself too hard now!

Mr G, remember when it was cool to say 'If it feels good do it'?
            Just keep doing it!!!!

Wishing everyone a safe & peaceful night in the nest.

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Wow Byrdie, I didn't think they were cookies at first. Beautiful. If you don't mind sharing secrets, what do you use to transpose the pictures onto the cookies. Where do the pix come from? Absolutely beautiful! Just think what you could have gotten done if you'd been drinking...absolutely nothing!

Hugs,
              Addy
              "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

those really are a work of art, Byrdie! Very nice!
                "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
                “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Hello Everyone,

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I am doing good on my AF day counts (Day 19 as of today), however I am dealing with a very CRAZY roommate and it has created alot of anxiety in my living situation. The good news is that it's not triggering me to drink but wow this woman is soooo controlling and a drinker to add the cherry to the dysfunctional sundae. Sad to say, that I am stuck here until I can afford to move out which I am hoping by the early next year. I wanted so bad to catch up on the posts but due to this situation, I was just exhausted and went to bed early Friday and Saturday. I did manage a four mile run on Saturday morning and I am so grateful to not be drinking and I look forward to celebrating days, months, years and eternity being AF. I am also very aware there will be easy days and there will be "think drink" moments and that's when I need to be honest. To know MY TRUTH with alcohol, it's just not worth it.

Anywho, hope everyone is doing well and for those of you who are having a hard time, keep posting as much as you can and know that you have alot of MWO support. Thank you guys for reading my posts and I do enjoying reading yours when time permits.

Have a great week and lots of hugs. I will check back later this week.

:yay::yay: it's holiday season!!!!

Hugs,
                  Janet
                  AF Day 19
                  Last edited by planetjanet; November 15, 2015, 11:19 PM.
                  AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

I'm curious ... who is Mollyka?
                    "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
                    “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by idefineme View Post
                      I'm curious ... who is Mollyka?
                      She is a tall, dark, somewhat mysterious and racy treasure from the Emerald Isle.

Edit: Janet. That sounds tough going. I would have to get out of there asap. All the best with it. Fab going on 19 days AF.
                      Last edited by Guitarista; November 16, 2015, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by idefineme
                        know what? This is truly a wwird place and i don't intend to stick around,. if anybody here is real, my best to you. otherwise, my best to you ....
                        Hi IDM. What's up? I apologise if I was too flippant with my reply to your question. It's an accurate reply though. G

Comment

You nailed what Molly is Mr G so no apologies needed. She is a wonderful soul who has helped many people along the way. She has not drank for many many years and is real as you and I and everyone on MWO. We are all entitled to opinions but being tactful and nice is a necessity in cyberland. There is enough animosity in the meds threads without bringing them to the nest.
                          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

I'm sorry you think that IDM. My apologies for my flippancy. No offense to you intended.

Just take care of yourself.

Comment

Many of the people on this site are the most real people I have ever met and chatted to. I have met Molly and she is defo real. I have spoken to Mr G on the telephone and he is defo real. Sometimes the written word can come across wrong but don't let that sway any support that you may find on this site Idefineme. Humour is sometimes the best medicine for our battle and Mr G is right, she is tall, mysterious and very very lovely.

Morning all nesters I hope you all have a fab day/evening or whatever time it is in your neck of the woods.

Comment

and take it all with a grain of salt, so to speak.
                                look for the positive & insightful comments that are going to motivate, not derail, your efforts.
                                if you find a thread/post obnoxious or offensive do not encourage it further with a reply. (I am making an effort to do this in my life period. If there is someone that 'winds me up' then I have to remember to walk away.)
                                Head for greener pastures, be selfish, it really is all about you in the end!! Because somebody writes something obnoxious they don't care if it leads to you drinking again. This kind of person might even be a bit gleeful if you do it! "See you failed, haha."
                                That isn't why we come to this site.
                                (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Working...
                                X