Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Monday morning Nesters!

Sunny & cool - perfect really

I have no idea what comment(s) from Molly sparked this discord idefineme but you should know that Molly has indeed been here a long time & has learned things the hard way. When someone speaks from experience & their heart sometimes it sounds a bit harsh. Reality, the truth about AL abuse is harsh. We all mean to help each other move to the light.

Wishing everyone a good AF Monday.

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hey all,idefineme,not quite sure what the deal is but Mollyk has been here for ages and has always been a wonderful,supportive person to a lot of peeps I hope you get the help you need,if not here,somewhere,all the best to you
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

You guys, I feel like such a fool and deleted my drunken posts. I asked about Molly because I believe she(?) was the first to respond to me when I arrived here and I don't think I've heard from her since. She gave me a nice welcome, and I was curious why I don't see her here, so that's why I asked. GMan, you weren't out of line, but I guess I was looking for an honest answer. Then I got an IM from somebody that asked why I wanted to know who Molly was, and would tell me what they knew of her after I told them why I wanted to know. I was drunk, detected a little secrecy around this individual, and didn't appreciate either answer to my simple question and went on the defensive. I really am sorry for being disruptive and annoying. I am embarassed to say the least, and I hope you can all forgive my tirade. Have a beautiful day, wonderful people.
        "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
        “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Thanks for explaining, IDM. It didn't occur to me that those were "drunk posts".

I hope you stick around and develop a plan to stop drinking. It's a great gift to not have to check here or FB or text messages to find out what you wrote. That was one of the most humiliating parts of the whole bad experience.

Molly is a wonderful, supportive member of MWO. If you'd like to interact with her, check out the Army thread, where she posts most often. They would welcome you with open arms.

All the best, NS

Comment

Good Morning, Nesters!
            Hope all is well with everyone as we begin a new week! Thanksgiving is next WEEK, it's freaking me out! I always think of Pav and The Thanksgiving Day Massacre....the straw that got her on the AF wagon once and for all. It's a wonderful, yet stressful time! Nobody can push buttons like FAMILY! Just roll with it, I say!!

Addy, and cookie complimenters.... if you have ever wallpapered a wall, you can wallpaper a cookie! It's just that simple, the stuff comes ready to glue (with corn syrup) onto the frosted cookie. It's relatively new on the market, but the possibilities are ENDLESS!

I hope everyone has a peaceful day. I am hitting the road tomorrow for my big meeting but will check in when I get to a hotel. Hugs to all, Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdie,
              Good luck on your power point presentation and safe travels!
              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Originally posted by idefineme View Post
                You guys, I feel like such a fool and deleted my drunken posts. I asked about Molly because I believe she(?) was the first to respond to me when I arrived here and I don't think I've heard from her since. She gave me a nice welcome, and I was curious why I don't see her here, so that's why I asked. GMan, you weren't out of line, but I guess I was looking for an honest answer. Then I got an IM from somebody that asked why I wanted to know who Molly was, and would tell me what they knew of her after I told them why I wanted to know. I was drunk, detected a little secrecy around this individual, and didn't appreciate either answer to my simple question and went on the defensive. I really am sorry for being disruptive and annoying. I am embarassed to say the least, and I hope you can all forgive my tirade. Have a beautiful day, wonderful people.
                I can't help but think this might put the internal struggles to rest with the whole "abstinence vs moderation " thoughts/ discussion we were having the other day? Just a thought.....
                AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Note: I was not referring to any one person but to posts we find that make us uncomfortable.
                  Peace out folks!
                  Originally posted by Eloise View Post
                  and take it all with a grain of salt, so to speak.
                  look for the positive & insightful comments that are going to motivate, not derail, your efforts.
                  if you find a thread/post obnoxious or offensive do not encourage it further with a reply. (I am making an effort to do this in my life period. If there is someone that 'winds me up' then I have to remember to walk away.)
                  Head for greener pastures, be selfish, it really is all about you in the end!! Because somebody writes something obnoxious they don't care if it leads to you drinking again. This kind of person might even be a bit gleeful if you do it! "See you failed, haha."
                  That isn't why we come to this site.
                  (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Oh NS the memories of the drunk posts on FB and texting and talking. Thank god i dont ever have to try and remember what i said and did and then feel shame and remorse the next day. Promising myself I would stop drinking only to start again that afternoon. Justifying to myself that there was a perfectly good reason why i was drunk and said what i did when really i was just a drunk, end of story.

I had a drinking dream last night so this wedding is really getting into my subconscious which is a good thing. I was with my mother and i remember having the "feck its", i can remember having that one glass and then it was all a blur like a blackout in my brain. It wasnt a wedding but a birthday party for me and it was at K-Mart of all places in their furniture section. Mum and i were busily trying to organise food, music, chairs etc and i can remember standing in the candle aisle of this shop and i froze remembering that i had drank the night before. The feeling of sheer horror of realising i had drank, the thoughts of coming on here, the thought of "oh it was just a couple, i dont need to own up", the feeling of misery and overwhelming sadness of what i had just lost. Luckily it was just a dream but i do know i have to be vigilant.

When i gave up drinking i felt miserable and an overwhelming sadness of losing my best friend al. Now it is reversed, i felt misery and sadness of losing my life i have now without al. How time has changed the feelings i had when i was a newbie. Time is a great healer.
                    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post

Addy, and cookie complimenters.... if you have ever wallpapered a wall, you can wallpaper a cookie!
                      Lol. Love it Byrdy.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Is it still just Monday? Geez, it's been a long day for me, ha ha!!

Byrdie, wishing you a safe trip & a happy presentation

Idefineme, we all need to watch our online tone of voice I suppose. Posting while drinking is generally not a good idea. No one truly understands someone else's thoughts. Let keep it positive & all be well here.

Ava, don't let your subconscious drive you nuts - you don't drink, right?

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I had a sip, and I didn't even like it. Nonetheless, I had a sip. It would be easy to turn a head and pretend it didn't happen, but it did, and I have to ask myself why. I felt like I understood what was holding me back and new, great ways to deal with it - but not enough. I do feel I am making progress - but gosh darn it - enough already. I have more to say, and regrets, but I'm going to make soup for me and the family.
                          Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Originally posted by available View Post
                            =When i gave up drinking i felt miserable and an overwhelming sadness of losing my best friend al. Now it is reversed, i felt misery and sadness of losing my life i have now without al. How time has changed the feelings i had when i was a newbie. Time is a great healer.
                            That first part is me. My brain knows it's ridiculous and all, it's just booze after all, but the emotions are still very real. Available, thanks for the post.

Kensho, I'm sorry to hear about your slip. You did come here and come clean though, so you must want to keep trying at an AF life. As you know, you've got a lot of people behind you here!
                            "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
                            “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Yay for your honesty, Kensho. 'Shows you're serious. Don't beat yourself up. Just return to the "new programming." I had a dream just a few nights ago that I had slipped. In the dream, I took a sip of some peachy-colored mango thinggy that I didn't even like. Immediately, the old alkie brain roused up and started telling me to hide it. "No need to mention it," the old brain said. "No one will know, and it doesn't really matter." In my dream, I shouted, "Yes it does matter!" I remember that awful feeling as if it was real; as if it only just happened. Every single person here is only an arm's length away from that old voice and those old habits. Good for you, Kensho, for having the kahonies to post here and call it like it is. Color me respectful.

Byrdie, if you could only see my last and only attempt at wallpapering...if I could have eaten the walls to hide the result, I would have. Your cookies are amazing and, new technology or not, you're a real artist!!

Happy Monday, all.
                              "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

I am off to the big city....presentation in hand! I whittled 54 pages down to 40! Lord half mercy on my customer! I brought some No Doz for her just in case! eheheheheh....this is a brand new product and it incorporates into a network so there are a lot of moving parts, I just hope she doesn't ask any questions!!!

As I was getting ready this morning, Charlie Sheen was getting ready to reveal something on the Today Show. I don't know what it is, but I couldn't help but think of the role substance abuse has had on that talented man, once the highest paid actor in the bidness. He made a total fool/ass of himself and was a laughing stock! The butt of jokes, all because of addiction....I will be curious as to what his news is....I sure hope he has found help in getting clean and sober. Such a waste.....

Next time you find yourself longing for a drink....substitute the words 'flaky pastry' instead. "How can I enjoy the French countryside without a 'flaky pastry?' How can I enjoy my daughter's wedding without a 'flaky pastry?' It makes about as much sense as needing a glass of _____ to complete the moment. It's just a thing! People make the moments, not what's in your glass!
                                Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Wish me luck on all this new-fangled technology stuff!!! Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X