X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Keep smiling Newbs....Keep up the good work. IAD
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, fellow nest-urchins!
      Actually IS still morning today and I'm on my way out... so no time now. Will try to check in later, just saying Happy Thursday to all and keep your guard up! Mazzie... velcro your butt to the chair in front of the computer, if you need to... post a chat request if you need some company!

Ok, I'm off..
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Gang.....
        Mazzie Hang tough sis...Hiipy chick has changed her screen name....
        just got back from doctor and have decided to tritrate down my dosage of topa from 125 mg to 75 mg and see if the fog and depression lifts....i was a zombie at work yesterday...SOOOOOO tired...iam usually so full of energy and life...I cannot function like this and may stop the topa completely and go the natural route like most of you here......
        so...I am at work now drinking tea and looking out the window at the sunshine and AF....that's a good thing!!
        bye for now
        and kiss the kitties for me....if momma will let you!!
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, all! Mazzie, we've got you...hey, papmom, mamabear, lav, nora, IAD, Molly, Katie. Sunshine, lol @ "nest urchins"! Spam, your avatar makes me hungry for fried spam sandwiches. My dad used to make them for us!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Afternoon Nesters!

Mazzie - Sunni forgot to mention that the BUTT VELCRO is 50% off thru the month of April :H
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Always love a bargain Lav!! Have to get at least two rolls - does butt velcroe come in rolls?

Thanks everybody for your encouragement. I love being here its very good for me. I am really looking forward to the weekend to just chill a bit and sort myself out good and proper!

Thanks again everyone. You are all fantastic.

I think I've earned the title 'right proper plank' but only for today OK
              Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just a quick check in. Feeling good this morning - not too Topa Dopey!

Off to a theme park with son and his friend.

Catch up later.

Spam xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,

Spam - I don't suppose that theme park is "Dreamworld" - i've been there 3 times and absolutley love that place! if it is i will be jealous lol! though sea world is also awesome..
                  Hi Mazzie, Lav, Sunni, Fennel, Papmom,MamaB, Mollyka, Nora, Tranq and to everyone else that pops in..
                  It's raining here this morning so a quiet day inside playing with my little boy is on the cards!
                  Seeing my D+A counsellor this p.m so I can get some issues off my chest,
                  Have a great day all,
                  Katie xxx
                  "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters!

Wow aren't we a busy lot of birds! All rushing off here and there with our lives! Good to see, but remember folks, it's always good to take a second,and be in that second completely for yourself! If your sitting at traffic-lights; waiting to pick up the kids; infront of the old keyboard- stop, breath in and out...be 'aware of your body and what it is doing!Then power back in to it.....
                    (Chook's new 'mindful' approach to life)

Pap- problem with 'sleepers', they tend to have a short duration, so if you have them at say 9pm, they will wear off by about 1am or thereafter! So your best bet is try to go off by self initially (even if that takes awhile) then if you wake pop some sleepers and it should carry you through the night! But in saying that, if you can do it 'natural' you are probably better off. But I know it can be hard. I am not sleeping well at the moment because of an irritated night cough, so I am sucking cough-lollies until my mouth feels fuzzy & yucko!

Mazzie- we are here for you! Big feathery-winged hugs for you!
                    All others...keep chirping folks..I too will check back in later after work.
                    Chook:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey everyone!! :new:

I am brand new to this site...only came across it bout 5 days ago..i think it is awesome!!!
                      I am on my 5th day A/F, which is pretty good to me lol - im a bottle of wine a night girl in the week and more in the weekends...so am quite proud of how ive done so far!!
                      Just wanted to say thank you!!! :thanks: I know that I havent actually messaged anyone personally or anything but I have been "lurking" up untill yesterday and I think that you all sound lovely and SO supportive!! - you have all inspired me SO much!!!!!!

Hope are you are doing well, I look foward to getting to know you more!!

Take Care
                      Patience is never more important...than when you are on the verge of losing it....
                      ....Try to be aware of your mood changing and your patience slipping - it could save you from doing something that you regret!
                      !

:catroll: :catroll: :catroll: :catroll:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi reach and welcome to our crazy but wonderful family....
                        not sure if those are kitties or hamsters but they are cute....
                        well I must say I am feeling human....I cut my Topa dosage in half (from 125 mg to 75 mg) and no longer feel like a zombie
                        thank heavenxs

nite nite all
                        love you all to bits....
                        off to farmvillle and then to read
                        mama jan
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Phew...

Evening, nestlings.

What a day. I won't lie... 'that' thought was nagging pretty much all day. I coulda easily done with a drink or 15. But... I still had some velcro left from the last sale.. so I'm still here and undamaged. Mazzie.. how are you holding up? Better now? :l

Welcome, reach! Awesome, you decided to post and aren't running off screaming what with this loony bunch! :H Mama bear.. fog is lifting, yes? And you're right... just looking at the beauty around us, or better, RECOGNIZING that there is beauty all around us, is a great thing. Chook.. you sound very wise and reflective today. I'll have to call you Ginger.. after my wise (but late) favorite hen! Spam, I'm jealous, too.. don't care which theme park! :H I LOOOOOVE the rides... but I seem to have scared off any potential company So much more fun to scream in tandem! Fennel, I'm not so sure about those sammies you're talking about.. you sure they're safe? :eeks: Lav, how was your day? A rest from the little one today? Katie, how was your meeting this afternoon? Were you able to vent a little? And, more importantly, are there any solutions/resolutions in sight?

Who'd I miss? Please forgive me, my head is barely on my neck anymore... it's been one hell of a day. And I'm too exhausted to vent again, I think. Going to get back to work now and then to bed... sweet dreams, everyone!
                          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone.
                            Have finally caught up on all the posts I have missed over the last week.
                            Computer at home is still dead - Lav - I am going to look at the notebook you suggested. Think that may be the way to go. Then dont have to share it with anyone. Thanks
                            IAD - I love your pictures. Both Grumpy and the pig made me smile as I can relate to grumpy quite well at the moment.. Thanks for the laugh.
                            Chicken, Sunshine - my name for my ex is rather rude.... "sperm donor" as that is the only thing he contributed to my childrens life!!
                            What is a Guerilla Craving? Must have missed that post.
                            Anyway got to rush as I am supposed to be starting work. Just wanted to pop in and see how everyone is going.
                            Stay strong. We are half way thru the April Challenge.... anyone left?
                            Nemed

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Chook,
                              Yep, I tried the natural route since I stopped the AL-melatonin, Calms Forte and a bunch of other homeopathic/natural remedies as well as the bedtime teas. Nothing has worked and I'm as tired now during the day as when I was drinking and that is not good for my BP or my heart or brain or job. It was with great trepidation that I asked my doctor for some help. Today she prescribed Ambien CR which is supposed to be timed release-my brother swears by it. Of course it requires "prior approval" by the insurance company and my experience with that crap is that they will deny it so I decided to shell out the $76 myself tonite just so I could get going on it. My doctor also wants me to continue the Mirapax (it's not Miralax like I had previously posted LOL-remedy for a totally different prob!!) as well. I asked the pharmacist and he said there wouldn't be a problem taking them both together. Sooooo, in about 5 min I will pop the meds and hope to god that they work tonite. I'll let you all know tomorrow!!
                              OK, gotta get through the rest of the posts so I can hop onto my twig and hopefully sleep the night away.

ChickenNumber3;837976 wrote: Hi Nesters!

Wow aren't we a busy lot of birds! All rushing off here and there with our lives! Good to see, but remember folks, it's always good to take a second,and be in that second completely for yourself! If your sitting at traffic-lights; waiting to pick up the kids; infront of the old keyboard- stop, breath in and out...be 'aware of your body and what it is doing!Then power back in to it.....
                              (Chook's new 'mindful' approach to life)

Pap- problem with 'sleepers', they tend to have a short duration, so if you have them at say 9pm, they will wear off by about 1am or thereafter! So your best bet is try to go off by self initially (even if that takes awhile) then if you wake pop some sleepers and it should carry you through the night! But in saying that, if you can do it 'natural' you are probably better off. But I know it can be hard. I am not sleeping well at the moment because of an irritated night cough, so I am sucking cough-lollies until my mouth feels fuzzy & yucko!

Mazzie- we are here for you! Big feathery-winged hugs for you!
                              All others...keep chirping folks..I too will check back in later after work.
                              Chook:h
                              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

:H you guys crack me up!!!
                                I love the velcro thing!! I have found this site really really helpfull even tho ive only been comming here for 5 days)....its awesome how positive you all are'!!

Thanks for saying HI!!! :thanks:

Hope you all have a good day and use that velco if you need to !!
                                :wave:
                                Patience is never more important...than when you are on the verge of losing it....
                                ....Try to be aware of your mood changing and your patience slipping - it could save you from doing something that you regret!
                                !

:catroll: :catroll: :catroll: :catroll:

Comment

Working...
                                X