No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LilBit! Bahahahaha!!! Yes, those dress sizes don't drop themselves.....but our pants do when it comes to mooning a nester!!
    Over-it, get your bag ready.....:butt::butt::butt: WooooooHOOOOO! It's more moons over Miami today! 7 Full Days is awesome! Putting those first 7 behind you is tremendous! Now just rinse and repeat! No Butts about it, we are massively PROUD of you! xoxoxoxoxo
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Originally posted by LilBit View Post

I've never heard of anyone who knew they had a problem, continued to drink and miraculously just "got better." 'Might as well seek a Skittle-pooping pet unicorn because we're all more likely to find that! .
      Good stuff right there Lil- If there was a miraculous cure sites like this and many others would not exist!

And you were right! Look what I found!
      SmartSelectImage_2015-12-08-09-27-03.jpg

HAG!
      AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Mentium and SSD! Great work!! You should feel very proud of yourselves!

I've mentioned this "Whole30" eating plan - designed to gain energy, learn what foods are upsetting to you - and usually lose weight. My husband has lots of digestive distress, and his good friend in AZ has done this plan, so he said he would do it. UNTIL he learned that NO alcohol is part of it. And no dairy. And lots of other No's. I keep telling him that it's his choice, and I'm not going to do all the work of different meals if he's not ALL IN. And I said this yesterday... "Anyone can do anything for 30 days, especially if the payoff is feeling more healthy, having more energy, and learning what works for you and what doesn't!"

Then it hit me that I was talking to myself too. It's true. 30 days is so relatively short in an entire lifetime, and we can all make it through some discomfort for that long to see what is on the other side!

Have a positive day Nesters!
        Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Good Morning all, starting day 2 AF really hoping to finish that way. Feel awful probably because of the bad sleep. My mind is confused today hope that doesn't last too long. One foot in front of the other is my motto today

Comment

Great post LilBit. And so awesome doin the jig in Kohls. It's a strange time for me to makes changes in my diet, but I'm making small ones. And on my free period, went to the fitness room and walked half hour! What!? Yes.
            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Morning all,

Returning from a long absence. It is so easy to forget how much a difference this place makes in your AF journey. I am going to try my best not to leave again, as this is the one constant place I can find non-judgemental support. Not sure when I was here last but over the last year I have managed a 6 month AF period and a few 30 day periods; I did not relapse to the extent I was before but a relapse is a relapse. Nice to see old friends and excited to get to know the new faces.

Much love and sober prayers for all.

JDG
              Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Congrats Mentium, SSD, and Overit! Glad you guys made it through that first week, it's a PITA(pain in the ass!)

Comment

Welcome back JDG! I'm sure you'll see a lot of familiar names here plus a lot of newbies.

Looking forward to seeing more posts from you here and don't forget Newbies Nest Roll Call.
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hello to all the new Nesters - and everyone who's not-so-new!

Just wanted to pop in quick so you know I'm still here and doing well. I'm actually working on leaving the job at the shelter. I'll still be volunteering, but this working 60-70 hour weeks on wildly different schedules isn't good for me at all. It feels good to know I'm making the decision for me, though, and that I'll actually have time to volunteer since I won't be wasting it drinking!
                    I am stubborn as a pig - but changing what I'm being stubborn about!

Cigarette Free On: 9/23/2014
                    AF on: 8/12/2014

Comment

Formally known as Honeysoup...I would like to get that name back but i couldn't firgure out how??? I remember you Byrdlady, you saved me on many occasions and put me in my place when I needed it the most. I am so glad to see you still here. And "K9" or something like that...She befriended me first

Comment

I remember you, Honeysoup! Glad you're back with us!!
                        How are you today?

Comment

Originally posted by guiltistorture View Post
                          Formally known as Honeysoup...I would like to get that name back but i couldn't firgure out how??? I remember you Byrdlady, you saved me on many occasions and put me in my place when I needed it the most. I am so glad to see you still here. And "K9" or something like that...She befriended me first
                          Hi Honeysoup, I have you in my friends list from before. Not sure if this is exciting or sad....on both our parts. Welcome back!
                          The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Honeysoup, sometimes, you can go to the sign in page, fill in your username, then check the 'REMEMBER ME' box and hit, sign in and it will log you in (if you are using ths same computer you used to). Worth a try! Hope you had a good day! B
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening everyone. Last May I was posting about my mothers Ill health, well it looks like she may not be with us within a few days. Bummer. But, I am sober, don't worry, although now that I think about a good stiff drink....no, just kidding. But why does the thought sound appealing of a drink that will drop you to your knees sound good? Because that pain takes away the others?
                              The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Il'm so sorry about your mom Overit. Alcohol numbs the pain, until it causes more then we had to begin with. Try just experiencing your pain, and being with it. It is part of all of our lives. Eventually, it becomes less and goes away, and is replaced with peace or other feelings. We are meant to feel pain, just as we are meant to feel anger, joy, humor, and all the rest. It is what being human is about.

Feeling very grateful for being sober tonight. Good night all!
                                Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Working...
                                X