Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Home...dead tired...

We had a great day. The friend we took is a lovely young man and will be most welcome to come back. I think he wanted to keep us forever. When we dropped him home, he kept saying "can't they stay for dinner, for the night, can't they come on holiday with us?"

It's easier taking them out when they're a bit older as you can let them go off for a while and meet up regularly.

During one of these times, hubby and I went to a bar (not my choice). Hubby ordered a beer. I asked for a suggestion of something "not sweet and not alcoholic." The barman suggested a gin and tonic! AAARGH! Settled for sparkling water instead.

Katie - It was Sea World. We have the QLD VIP passes. $ 100 for the year for Movie World, Wet "n" Wild and Sea World. Must admit Sea World is my least favourite but it turned out son's friend does not like rollercoasters or fast rides so Sea World was perfect.

We've done the others a couple of times already and definately had our money's worth.

Was pleased with the Topa Dopa today. Only had a post lunch dip which may have been caused by too much junk food instead of the Topa.

Spam xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters,

So much to read this morning..........need more coffee!

Tranq, your new GF sounds great, I am happy for you but hope you won't forget your VP duties here

Tant, congrats on your 5 AF days, good work, keep going!!

Nora, enjoy your weekend & be safe!

dancingon, use the velcro - it helps

Katie, glad you spoke to your counselor. Ridding yourself of negativity & boosting your self-esteem is high priority stuff!!

Molly, I need to do some painting here too - haven't been able to force myself to start yet!

Mazzie, it is a good feeling to be totally available to others being AF. Couldn't say that was always possible in the past - good for you!

Chook - your clucking has taken on a new & stronger sound - love it

Mama Bear - keep resisting those 'fancies' & continue feeling proud of yourself.

Spam, since when is a gin & tonic non-alcoholic?? Obviously that guy wasn't listerning. Sparkling water was a very good choice - good for you!!

OK, have to get my day going. Wishing everyone a terrific AF day in the Nest, I'll drop in later.
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

TGIF!

Well, I'm somewhat back in business today - now, if the email server would play ball with as well, I'd just be tickled pink. However, a better day so far

I had a message this morning to not come and feed the horses, the barn owner was going to do it and tomorrow, too. Strange. He and his Mrs. had a big tiff yesterday and he took off - I know that much. I was actually going to ask him if he could do my chores tomorrow, as I will have to leave VERY early, so that would have meant being at the barn around 6am. Uggh. However, now that's solved

Tomorrow, the top horse trainer in Canada will be in the next big city (2.5 hour drive from here) holding a clinic. My friend is booked in there with her horse and I will be going with her. We were really hoping that we could convince him to come HERE, as there would have been a bunch more people wanting to participate. I would have also coughed up the $180 for a semi-private 90 minute lesson. Still, it should be very educational to watch him in action. My friend is bringing what I call the 'She-Devil Horse'... a very beautiful big Palomino/Paint mare who can cross an arena on 2 legs. Not to mention her bucking bronco show, or the 'spinning class'. *Shudder* It's funny, actually... I refuse to go into a stall with that horse (she seriously is evil - she eats people) but I 'accidentally' petted her out in pasture once. I thought she was someone else... as she came up and was all snuggly. Only when she half turned and I saw the white spot on her bum, did I realize - and was awfully relieved to still have all my fingers :egad: LOL

Anyways, I think, I may head outside for a bit today... I hear my garden rake calling.

Tranq, your lady sounds lovely and you sound happy! Wishing you two all the best!
        Katie and Chook... I have done a fair bit of 'online dating' - in fact, that's how I met Mr. Wonderful. My philosophy was to spend at least a month or so strictly ONLINE. And, preferably in chat, rather than email messages. You DO get a feel for the person in chat, and after a few weeks you will know if you can spend a couple of hours and not be bored to death - Chemistry or not... of course, THAT you can only determine in person. But that practice has served me pretty well. And, of course, no phone numbers, etc.. until you are really truly comfortable. Initially, I had a couple of very 'quick' meetings and they were AWFUL. That said... I agreed to meet Mr. Wonderful after two weeks - and that was almost 2 years ago... sooooo.....:H Good luck!

Wow, this turned into half a novel here... sorry for rambling. Ok, off I go... have a fabulous Friday/weekend, one and all!
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sunshine,

NEVER EVER, apologise for rambling. Personally, I love your posts. You are only allowed to apologise for being absent.:H

BTW - Can I come and ride your horses. I am beginning to lose my nerve.

Spam xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

LOL Spam!

Yep, what's your weight? 140lbs and under you get the 'Caddilac' Miss Sophie (LOVELY western jog... endorsed by LaZyBoy), 141lbs or over you can ride Atlas... not quite as smooth, and a lot slower. Go figure, huh? He's 7 and a lazy bones, Miss Sophie is 34 and has 10x more fire

Anyways.. I'm REALLY off now. Honest. Right now. I'm almost at the door. Seriously. :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

I wanna go too!!!!
              I used to show and jump English when I was a teenager back before the Civil War....
              there is nothing more freeing than a canter or gallop across an open pasture with wind in your hair!!!!
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good-morning Everyone,

Rainy in my part of the nest again today but the Spring flowers are loving it!
                Seem to be feeling better and better. I hope the worst has passed!
                I have been busy catching up on the site, so hopefully tonight I can say hi, too any Newbies and all the regulars.
                Yall have a great day !

runningwind
                The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning All!

Beautiful AF day here! Day 15 for me, heading into sober weekend #3. My tweenie-bopper is going to spend the weekend out of town with her Grandma, so this weekend will be more challenging than the others...but, I am preparing for it. Reading a good book (900pages!), lots of recorded shows on TV, and of course cuddle time with the pooch. Oh yeah, I guess I should throw some housework in there too....

Hope everyone is happy and healthy and has a great weekend! I'll keep checkin' in throughout the weekend because you all keep me inspired.

:h
                  K9
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

mama bear;838249 wrote: I wanna go too!!!!
                    I used to show and jump English when I was a teenager back before the Civil War....
                    there is nothing more freeing than a canter or gallop across an open pasture with wind in your hair!!!!
                    :H:H:H .. back before the Civil War (now THERE'S an oxymoron!) You're such a goof ball!
                    Hi Running and K-9... happy AF Friday to you, both!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey K-9
                      I have an open weekend too-first in a loooong time! Disappointed the weather is going to suck so I won't be able to do hikes with the pups or work on the yard BUT, it's a perfect weekend for getting some inside projects done. Haven't worked on my budget in months and I'm anxious to see if I've saved any $$ since I've gone AF. I know I've spent some on suppments etc and I did some heavy duty shopping the first week or so. I also have some decluttering to do that I really was waiting for a big chunk of time in order to start. I'll probably also check out some diets and Flylady and get going with those as well as I promised my bro months ago I would work on updating his website. Baths for the dogs and lots of sleep time for me should leave no room for AL or even thoughts. So that is my plan for this long weekend.
                      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Finally-a full night's sleep!!

Yes folks, it finally happened!! I got my 10 day supply of ambient CR last nite ($76 dollars poorer) and I fell asleep very quickly right around 11. Didn't wake up until the alarm went off at 6:30am. Whoo Hoo!!! Unfortunately my euphoria was short lived when I actually went to stand up. All of a sudden I felt like I was on a rocking and rolling ship LOL!! I had to hang onto anything I could reach just to go the short distance to let the dogs out!! Once back in, I decided to "sleep it off" for a few more hours hence came in late to work once a again. I'll make up the hour tonite tho. What a wierd experience!! Luckily I have no obligations this weekend and can sleep as late as I want so I'm hoping by Tuesday morning my body will have adjusted to the Ambien and I'll be jumping out of bed like a 16 year old!! Oh wait, they NEVER jump out of bed do they? They have to be pulled out LOL!! Ok, like a 5 year old on Christmas Day!!
                        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

WOW... Steady As She goes Papmom!!!
                          I am really happy that you got a good-night sleep though.

runningwind
                          The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ambien rocks...used to take it....I am glad you had a good nights sleep ....makes all the diff doesn;t it?
                            whatcha' readin K9? I love a good book......
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Mama!
                              I am reading "The Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follett...my sister recommended it to me, and I kept putting it off, it laid around the house for a few months until one day I finally picked it up, and WOW, I am hooked! And I am avid reader, so it takes a lot for me to be impressed. LOL
                              K9
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Papmom, what a weird reaction! Hopefully you're up on your two pins again.

Did your doctor mention that you should only take ambien every third night? Otherwise, your body adjusts to it, and you need more and more to get to sleep.

Comment

Working...
                                X