No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning everyone! My mom is still with us as of this AM. Long story but she's had a history of strokes that has brought on dementia. She is only 79. She was always athletic and smart and strong. She worked hard all her life and acquired the American Dream. Now, she is in an institution, being spoon fed, wearing a diaper. Sad to see what we can digress too. She is 8 hours away from me so it makes it hard to get there when I get these kind of calls. At this point, no plans to get up there. My Aunt, her sister, lives in the same town as her.

Anyway, I'm strong. AL doesn't even cross my mind. Thanks for all the well wishes.

Good to see everyone checking in and racking up the days. Stay strong and we will get through this together.

Kensho, tried to send you a message but it says your box is full. You must be popular my friend!

Have a great day!
    The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

I was formerly "Honeysoup"

Comment

Yes...I found my password...okay no more...Guiltistorture....I didn't really like that Username anyways because - its so true, but a constant reminder its kind of depressing. So, today is going to be day 1 for me...I am going to really try to stick close to here tonight and keep reading. I know I can do this...I don't drink everyday anymore, but when I do its I feel so guilty and when I go weeks without...I feel amazing. I just hate how I feel the next day...GUILT, SHAME, DEPRESSED, UNWORTHY and damn it! I am worthy of all kinds of great things. I just need a focus, some of my peeps that can help me hold myself accountable. AA is just not for me...I always feel aweful when I have to walk in that room. People are so nice and super friendly, but so many rules and its so life consuming. I know I love this site....so much has happened since I was on here before...I am so glad to see friendly names. I'm at work...so I am just going to browse around, but I will post more of my story tonight. BECAUSE I WONT BE TAKING THAT DRINK TODAY!
        Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

Hi Newbies old and new! After falling back into that alcohol trap for the better part of this year I have at last got my first 30 days....
          I tried and tried to get back and just did not trust myself that I would get there again. I have been pretty much staying to my own thread as I felt my way back in.....feeling ready to interact a bit now.
          Have been reading here and other threads which helped so much....so thank you all.
          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Well this is different. My on-line SMART meeting due this evening has been cancelled as the convener is unable to speak because he got hit in the mouth with a hockey stick! Poor guy!

Oh well - extra long doggy walk in the wind and the rain!

Comment

Congrats on the 30 Days!!! An excellent accomplishment!
              Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

Originally posted by daisy45 View Post
                Hi Newbies old and new! After falling back into that alcohol trap for the better part of this year I have at last got my first 30 days....
                I tried and tried to get back and just did not trust myself that I would get there again. I have been pretty much staying to my own thread as I felt my way back in.....feeling ready to interact a bit now.
                Have been reading here and other threads which helped so much....so thank you all.
                Strong work Daisy, keep on keeping on and don't let your gaurd down. I also believe jumping back into the nest is a great idea.
                30 days is badass
                Last edited by Matt M.; December 9, 2015, 04:41 PM.
                AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Daisy, I know Eloise will be giving awards over on Roll Call, but I thought I'd sneak you at hat over here! GREAT JOB!!! :guy: Wear it loud and proud! Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Busy days for me, especially this time of year

Daisy, great on your 30 AF days!!!
                    Stick with us now, OK?

Kensho, I use Stash decaf chai tea almost every day - yum. No milk or sweetener for me - like it straight up, ha ha!!

j-vo, I'm feeling an enormous amount of pressure too but I'll be damned if I let it really get to me. I keep telling myself it will all get done ~ eventually

Great to see the nest full & everyone moving forward.
                    Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest.

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi, Nest:

Way to go, Daisy! So great you're back, large and in charge. Keep it up.

Kensho - homemade chai sounds great, but I'm not sure I have the capability to add something new like that in my life right now. Share away, though!

I am sick again and heading to bed.

Night!
                      Pav

Comment

Yo! Congrats Ms Daisy. Huge on the luge or summit like that. Bravo! I won't let nothin , I say anything mess wit my sobriety. Starfish , where r u? Night Pav

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Nine days and counting here. Well at least for a while. Once I get past a month or so I think I will probably stop counting days except for the milestones.

Moved over from the meds section of the forum a few days ago, where I get a lot of helpful advice about baclofen. In the end I decided to abstain without waiting for the baclofen to do its thing and I'm very glad I did. I am on a relatively low dose but it is having a very marked effect on cravings and the desire to drink - which is more or less absent. A bit of SMART, a bit of self direction and a bit of modern medicine and Bob's your uncle!

Comment

Mentium,
                            Everyone's program of recovery is different, so whatever works for you to stay away from the poison is right for you. Good for you on your nine days!
                            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Yay for Daisy on your 30 days! That's quite the accomplishment. I've been rooting for you, all along.

Well, Happy B-day to me. I'm still here, which is amazing; stronger than ever, which is more amazing, and having my first non-pickled b-day in well...quite a few years. I am drenched in joy and gratitude.

Have a lovely day, all!
                              "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

It's your BIRTHDAY, LilBit????? Well!!! It's a rebirth in a lot of ways, huh? Happy Sober birthday! :balloons: We hope you have a mah-va-lus day!!! It's a whole new YOU from the sounds of it!!!

Mentium, 9 days is awesome! Get yourself to day 13 and you will realize this really is something you can embrace for good! We are so happy for you!

Keep up the great work, everyone! Do whatever it takes to get thru this day AF! No regrets! Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X