No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that is awesome, Matt. Snapping out of the self pity can be quite the reward! You stay hard too, freakazoid!
    "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
    “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Hi, All:

Happy Birthday LC and Lil! Hope you celebrated in the fabulous style you both deserve.

LC - I hope you are proud of yourself for making the decision you needed to make for yourself. Sorry you are sad. That Bubble Hour episode Dutch mentioned about boundaries is a good one, but sounds like you're already learning.

I'm feeling better - keep going back and forth between allergies and colds. Tired of all of the stuffiness!

Night, nest.

Pav

Comment

Well here we are at ten days! I am sleeping normally, feeling pretty OK physically and (a serious bonus this) - I have no desire to drink. The evenings can be a bit boring when I don't attend a SMART on-line meeting, but even then I'm not tempted to drink. And part of that is simply that the days are so short in the part of the world at this time of year. It is dark at 3.45 - I kid you not. So it is a tedious time of year. On the plus side, come June it is light until 11.00 pm.

Very much hoping that the sober me is the new normal. I fully intend it to be!

Comment

Mentium are you in Canada? (Wild guess...)

Pav, are you burning the candle? You sound like every minute is occupied. Don't wear yourself out!

Awesome story Matt. Love that your little one can see you in the audience. I think it truly means the world to them!

Happy that it's Friday here. Usually the kids are up by now, so I can tell they are tired. Have to go wake them and get them moving. I've been noticing how pleasureful a hot shower and a cup of tea are, and I've been trying to think of how I will explain my decision not to drink to others. I think the answer is that I got tired of numbing myself. My husband got a bit pushy for me to try his new beer last night and I snapped at him something good. I could have handled it better but I ended saying "Don't ask me that again", and I think he got the picture. Feeling grateful for another day AF!
          Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Good morning Nesters & hapy Friday to all

We are experiencing ridiulously warm weather here on the east coast - not complaining but it just seems weird.

Kensho, - tell everyone the truth - ' I feel much better when I don't drink'!!!!!
            That's it, that's all you have to say & remember that you DO NOT need to justify yourself to anyone. Your decision is none of their damn business
            That method has worked for me for going on 7 years now, I am not kidding!

I have a busy day ahead so I'll get going.
            Wishingg everyone a great AF Friday!!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Lavande View Post
              Good morning Nesters & hapy Friday to all

We are experiencing ridiulously warm weather here on the east coast - not complaining but it just seems weird.

Kensho, - tell everyone the truth - ' I feel much better when I don't drink'!!!!!
              That's it, that's all you have to say & remember that you DO NOT need to justify yourself to anyone. Your decision is none of their damn business
              That method has worked for me for going on 7 years now, I am not kidding!

I have a busy day ahead so I'll get going.
              Wishingg everyone a great AF Friday!!

Lav
              If today makes it to 70° it will be an all time record high for the Northern part of my great state where I stays. I don't remember such a mild start to winter that pretty much had affected the entire lower 48.
              AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Thank you, everyone, for the b-day wishes. It was a great day, filled with friends and surprises and laughter. I'm taking a 3-day weekend to continue the celebrations: dinners, shows, lots of skating. What a contrast to past celebrations that became more introverted and dark as the weekend wore on and took 2-3 days to get over.

LC, we're twins! Now, which one of us is the evil twin? I think I know. Muahahahaha. Hope you had a wonderful day, despite the "ringer" and that your youngest has a great b-day, too.

Byrdie, that's one big_ss wine glass. Holy cow. How big was the hair spray bottle? It's the South; you could get away with a jumbo Aqua Net spray.

Lav, so when's your big day?
                "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Happy birthday too, LC! Hope it was a good one despite the emotional roller coaster.
                  Great story, Matt. The little ones just want to make you proud. When parents don't show up, they feel as if they are the failure, no matter the reasons.
                  Mentium, nows the time to find something new to do in the evenings. Cooking, hobbies, volunteer work. Something to stay busy and keep the mind off booze. As far as excitement goes, I remember how exciting it was to drink myself into a stupor every night. Really, what could be more boring. I just was not present to know.
                  LOL on the size of that hairspray bottle Byrdie!

Comment

Good morning! Just checking in real quick!

Happy birthdays to Lil and LC! Happy 7 to my DD twin Kensho! (A few days late)

Double digits for me today, always have lived that! I need to settle in quickly, only 90 more until I'm a 3 digiter for a few years!

I do have to say that my mom passed away this AM, no I was not with her, had planned the trip for tomorrow but obviously God had other plans. At least this I do know, she is with my Lord right now, perfectly healthy and completely overjoyed!

I am taking my pill right now, not tempted but I know his this stupid brain of mine works!

Have a great day everyone!
                    The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Originally posted by Overit-still View Post
                      Good morning! Just checking in real quick!

Happy birthdays to Lil and LC! Happy 7 to my DD twin Kensho! (A few days late)

Double digits for me today, always have lived that! I need to settle in quickly, only 90 more until I'm a 3 digiter for a few years!

I do have to say that my mom passed away this AM, no I was not with her, had planned the trip for tomorrow but obviously God had other plans. At least this I do know, she is with my Lord right now, perfectly healthy and completely overjoyed!

I am taking my pill right now, not tempted but I know his this stupid brain of mine works!

Have a great day everyone!
                      So very sorry for your loss,
                      stay close to the nest, no amount of Alcohol will ease your grieving, only compound it and make it harder to deal with in the future.
                      I totally understand, I have one of those brains also. ....:nutso:
                      Last edited by Matt M.; December 11, 2015, 11:21 AM.
                      AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Hi Overit... (((hugs))). I find a lot of peace in imagining our loved ones that have passed being in a very happy, joyful, enlightened place. We are the sad ones, they are good. GOOD FOR YOU for taking your pill and keep doing it every day - neither you nor I will ever regret NOT drinking. Ever. We will become stronger, happier, and eventually not want AL any more. (so I hear!!)

LAV, thank you - you are right. I feel better NOT drinking, and that is the truth. Hubs doesn't understand the "sip" thing - but a calm "no thanks" should be enough.
                        Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Overit,

Deepest sympathies in the loss of your mother. Losing a parent is extremely difficult. Sending you lots of healing strength and hugs your way.

~Addy
                          "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

Morning all!

Didn't get to check in yesterday, my son and I had a long heart to heart and I had to hear how miserable the last 5 years of his life were do to my drinking. We did end on a positive note and all is well.

Overit - My prayers are with you and your family. It is always hard losing a parent, I lost my mom when I was 16, but it is easier when we know they are in Heaven with Jesus. Remember we can do all thing through God who strengthens us.

Happy late birthdays to all that I missed, hope everyones day was awesome.

Well off to the Cardiologist with my dad, praying for good results.

Have an awesome AF Friday, make sure we stick to our AF plans for the weekend.

JDG
                            Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Overit, so very sorry for your loss. Stay strong. Thinking of you.
                              "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Over-it, I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. Sending love and strength your way. I also have the crazy brain.. I think all of us here do. So please take extra good care of yourself right now..

Comment

Working...
                                X