No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overit, so sorry for the loss of your mom. Sending prayers for you and your family. And glad you decided the take the pill. A little security in a very tough, emotional time is the smart thing to do.

Mentium, is there anything you can have as a backup for when your smart recovery meeting is cancelled? The toolbox has lots of excellent ideas. I've finally started a book that has nothing to do with recovery, and glad i did. I used to get lost in books, stay up all night reading, and it feels good to be entertained by something I used to love to do. John Grisham!!

Lav, I like your reply as to a question, "why not a drink?" And it is nobody's freaking business anyhow.

Kensho, sometimes I have to yell at my husband when I'm trying to get a point across. Not anymore about drinking, but when he pushes me with certain things, a loud voice is all it takes for him to get it, not the actual words I say. I wasn't in a mood yesterday, was feeling stressed, and he said something that always pisses me off. I sent him a text that said "FU" and that was that.

Hope everyone has sober-free plans for this weekend. Lots going on for me as xmas nears and I've only purchased one gift.

:love:
    jvo
    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Over-it, I'm so sorry for your loss. I will be wishing you strength and peace.
      Matt, what a heart-warming story. The discomfort of those early days is totally erased when stuff like that happens. It's ALL worth it.

It WAS a big hair spray bottle (White Rain). Those weren't the days.

I took today off....unfortunately, I've been working all day! UGG! I'm on a webinar now!
      Weekend is here....it's just Friday, not a ticket to BoozeVille! Hugs to all, Byrdie
      Last edited by Byrdlady; December 11, 2015, 06:59 PM.
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi nesters. Overit, so sorry for the loss of your mum. Take care my friend. Happy late birthday wishes to 2 fab and amazing bonza Sheila's Lilbit & LC! Now nesters, lean in a bit closer. The weekend ain't no front row ticket to no damn boozeville see? Here's some new butt Velcro from the warehouse. Do something special for yourself.....you deserve it. Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Over-It, I'm so sorry for you loss. Thoughts and prayers and cyber hugs for you and your family.
          "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
          “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Overit - my deepest condolences on your mom passing. Hugs, love and prayers for you and your family. And, good job on the double digits.
            Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Craving, but I know it's not the life I want. Going to ride it out and focus on the chai I will make when I get home. Also making latkes... Should keep me busy and full of grease - a sure help! Happy Evening!
              Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Very sorry to hear your troubles Overit.
                Think of your sobriety as a life raft and hang on tight. No matter how bad it gets drinking will definitely make things worse.

We have been in the countryside at our soon to be new home (i hope).
                It is quiet there guys! A lot smaller than this place but private, warm and it will be ours to do as we please.
                I am going to have to leave Mozart behind. I have shed quite a few tears on this one. I have been thinking though that even if I buy and bring him I am not equiped to care and ride him on my own. It has only been a year, I have so much to learn. I know he is safer where he is.
                His well being is most important.
                I cannot do much for his care right now either.
                I have been so out of it I didnt even realize it is some 10 days since my accident.
                I am even feeling grateful it wasnt a lot worse.
                (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Eloise, good to hear your news, glad you are doing OK.
                  Leaving Mozart will be hard at first but best for him in the long run I guess.

Overit, very sorry for your loss. We will all be thinking of you this weekend & keeping you in our prayers. Take care of yourself :hug:

Matt, we're looking at a possible 66 degrees here Sunday & Monday. Can you say global warming? Geez!

Lil, my day is on the 19th. I'm sure my Mom was just thrilled going thru all that just 6 days before Christmas with two kids at home already, ha ha!! Glad you are having a nice celebration.

It's 9 pm here so I need to chase my grandsons to bed. Their parents are out doing holiday partying in DC tonight.

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest.
                  PS: Kensho, eat something & ignore the cravings.

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Kensho, hang in there with me!
                    The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Overit, she's now safely in the arms of the Big Guy upstairs, and you now have another angel watching over you, just like my mom is doing for me :hug:
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Over sorry about the loss of your mum, sending you a hug and take care. No point in drinking, take the pill!

LC and Lil happy birthday for the other day, i hope it was a great sober day for you both. I celebrated my first sober birthday for my 50th.

Mum arrives on Wednesday for 3 weeks, need all the patience of a saint with that one lol. Work has been hectic and Robert is deciding whether to refuse all forms of treatment this weekend, he has no quality of life anymore. I have a job interview on Wednesday where i am moving to in February. The 2 1/2 hour drive to go for it is not enthralling me but having a job albiet part time is a definite.

I have had a crushing feeling for a drink the last few days. I know its due to the stress i am under and i know that al would make me forget a lot of things that i dont want to think about but the answer is just "no". This is the first time in a long time i have had that incredible desire to drink but I have explained how i feel with the children and i am keeping busy and eating myself to morbid obesity. If that is what it takes then so be it. There are so many things out of my control but drinking will never give that to me. I know the feelings will pass and life will go on. I have so many exciting things to look forward to so i am focusing on the positives.

Take care everyone, back to cleaning my wardrobe!
                        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Ava , I know booze is a quick fix, but then we have to pay the ferryman and his price is high . What's more , our original problem is magnified x 1000. It's a lie not a stress reliever. Must catch up for a cuppa busy girl! All cravers and ravers...... Keep dancin. Now there's an idea

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Sorry Overit about your mom. That is sad news. I'm just trying to post as much as I can to get myself back on track. I'm now on day 2. I have to say, that ferryman was very expensive to me in so many ways. The fix was quick but I am still feeling yucky.. and while it is a thing of I can't cry over spilled milk.. I was doing pretty good reaching 6 weeks AF and honestly... I feel like I am back at square one. Long story short. It was not worth it. I'll get there again, but yeah.. if anyone can learn from my slip.. and see the self hatred I had the next day... that is really the only good that can come out of it. It's funny, I really thought.. I wasn't that far along in my quit to where it would make to much of a difference. I was wrong. But back with more determination now that's for sure!
                            AF January 7, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Choices View Post
                              Sorry Overit about your mom. That is sad news. I'm just trying to post as much as I can to get myself back on track. I'm now on day 2. I have to say, that ferryman was very expensive to me in so many ways. The fix was quick but I am still feeling yucky.. and while it is a thing of I can't cry over spilled milk.. I was doing pretty good reaching 6 weeks AF and honestly... I feel like I am back at square one. Long story short. It was not worth it. I'll get there again, but yeah.. if anyone can learn from my slip.. and see the self hatred I had the next day... that is really the only good that can come out of it. It's funny, I really thought.. I wasn't that far along in my quit to where it would make to much of a difference. I was wrong. But back with more determination now that's for sure!
                              Good going on day 2 Choices . Nearly done and dusted. Push through as ur doing and you'll b feeling much better real soon.

Comment

Thank you so much for that post, Choices. For reminding us of where we'll be if we decide to drink. I know I will be in EXACTLY the same position if I decide to have a drink, for whatever reason. And I can't go back there. I'm so happy and relieved that you're back and strong and working through it all. Day 2 is awesome.. continue to stay in the present and look forward, not backwards..what's done is done and you've learned a lot from it. And sharing with us helps us... I know, from a lot of experience, how difficult it is to start again and I'm very proud of you for finding the strength to do it!

Comment

Working...
                                X