Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My story

Originally posted by Choices View Post
    Overit.. my story is just in the personal journal section under keeping track of where I am... I also changed my identity because I forgot my password. But it is still here I was 'choice" and came here in August 2010. Were you over-it then with a mini mouse on your profile or was that someone else I'm thinking of? I feel for you during this time of sadness. Take good care of yourself.
    Yes, I was Overit, had to change because I forgot my password also. Never a mini-mouse, always a bag😄

Goodness Kensho, that was close, boy oh boy! That would have rattled me for sure
    Last edited by Overit-still; December 12, 2015, 07:27 PM.
    The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

I like the bag.
      AF January 7, 2018

Comment

I cant remember what HSM represents, Idefine....i tried to do a search on it, but had no luck. TSM is The Sinclair Method. Hopefully, someone will come along with an answer.

Stayed busy today with cookies!
        Attached Files
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Idef, the G-Man had the correct answer for 50 points lol HelloSundayMorning.Org - Goodbye Hangover‎
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post
            I cant remember what HSM represents, Idefine....i tried to do a search on it, but had no luck.
            HSM is "Hair Spray Moment." Bwahahahahaha. Just kidding. Fab cookies, Byrdie dear! 'Love the bears.
            "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Originally posted by LilBit View Post
              HSM is "Hair Spray Moment." Bwahahahahaha. Just kidding. Fab cookies, Byrdie dear! 'Love the bears.
              :haha::haha::haha:
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

Just read thru several pages of posts I missed today.
                I had a crazy busy day & another one coming tomorrow. Life is good but very busy

Hang in there everyone. This journey we are on is so important & it does get easier - promise
                Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

"HelloSundayMorning.Org" ... thanks for the straight-forward answer, cowboy!
                  "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
                  “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Good Sunday morning nesters!

Wishing everyone an excellent AF day

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

HSM everyone! Off to church with a little bit better attitude than last week that's for sure!

So watching my in-laws and their habits reminds me of my AL habits and I feel sorry for them but in a different way. They are extremely obese people who sleep until 1pm, eat breakfast at 3, change out of PJ at 5, stay up all night drink in soda and smoking. I get up at 6 and lights and TV are on. How can you sleep with that....you can't! My nephew is asleep in the couch fully clothed with shoes still on. It's not AL but i guess all addictions can mess with you. I feel sorry for them that they are not leading vibrant lives.
                      Last edited by Overit-still; December 13, 2015, 10:34 AM.
                      The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Morning, nesters!
                        I totally missed some posts, too, Lav!
                        LilBit, its not nice to make fun of old people .... It is quite a visual of this lady in the bathroom stall taking swigs of booze from a hairspray bottle. I was in an airport stall once and (this may be TMI) and I was multitasking and DROPPED my little airplane bottle of vodka on the bathroom floor! My reflexes were good, I snatched that bad boy up and didnt spill too much, but can you imagine what the people on either side of me thought?? I lingered so they would be out of there before I showed my face. How can that possibly seem normal to me? It was....for a lot of years. Those werent the days.

Overit, hope you find strength today. Thinking of you.

Ah, the drink shoved in our hands....always a tricky one. Like Choices said, treat it like a hot potato, get rid of it fast! While I am strong in my quit, I am not comfortable holding it, Matt calls it muscle memory....I believe that, it would be too easy to just raise it (like I did for 30 years). I get rid of the glass. I also take my own drink. Call me paranoid, but my quit came at too high a price to take a chance on blowing it. Intentional or not, I dont need the mind games!!! Parties are challenging but they can be enjoyed, we just have to be vigilant!

Hope everyone has an easy day! Byrdie
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good Sober Sunday Morning fellow fledglings,

Wishing everyone a great AF Sunday. Wanted to share something my daughter shared with me. This especially related to self-forgiveness of our past mistakes.

"You can not bring your past into your present and expect a future."

Wise kid that child of mine.

JDG

PS Dad is having a right atrial heart ablation on Thursday, pretty routine.
                          Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Happy Sunday Morning, everyone.

I LOVE that un-hung cup of coffee. Everyone else is still asleep. It is finally raining in California. A bewdy of a start to my day. It will get busy and full later, but for now I am enjoying the quiet and solitude.

Overit, that sounds terrible, and I'm sorry for that kid.

Byrdie, your stories are funny and sad. I can imagine them in a movie, soft music playing and everyone reaching for a hankie, and I can imagine them in a standup routine, everyone laughing hysterically. I think if you collected all of your posts you'd have a great inspirational book to sell. When you're done with computers and cookies, of course.

Happy Sunday, all. Enjoy.

Pav

Comment

Yes, morning coffee, getting some shortly!

Byrdie, I DID bring my own drink, and as soon as I said No Thanks, he said, "Well, do you want anything to toast with then"? I pulled out my Lacroix and said "I don't leave home without it!" I was prepared for the toast, just not to be handed the shot upon entering!!
                              Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Good Morning all,
                                Sorry I was unable to be on yesterday power on and off with a big storm ugh. But I'm very grateful it has been restored. Day 7 of AF for me and what a roller coaster the last few days have been.
                                Friday night I was handed a cider after work and I actually thought about having just one. Wow I wouldn't have sought out this forum if I could just one. That just one would have set the tone for the next 5 days as that's about when I would sober up again. ( off work for a week to finish up and be ready for Christmas).
                                woke up Saturday morning with a resolve that I didn't want to feel out of control anymore in my life. Sorry not good with names yet but a post yesterday gave me strength that we are all human and have problems mine just happens to be alcohol. I ask God everyday to give my strength to help me keep going one foot in front of the other.
                                Wow dreams last night anyone have these where you are completely intoxicated? Scared the hell out of me. Woke up in disbelief that I had drank. (Of course I didn't but it was pretty real) Maybe it was better when I wasn't sleeping lol
                                Well off to have some morning Java

Comment

Working...
                                X