Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Nope, she didn't say aword about that and neither did the pharmacist!! I'll check that out for sure!! Thanks Fennel-the last thing I want is another drug type addiction!
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

papmom3;838300 wrote: Nope, she didn't say aword about that and neither did the pharmacist!! I'll check that out for sure!! Thanks Fennel-the last thing I want is another drug type addiction!
      Yeah. My doctor would only give me fifteen ambien to last a three month period...and only when I was under extreme stress, like my stalker was after me. I almost think she could tell "something" about me...:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Thought I'd check in a little earlier than usual while I still have cable access. We have storms rolling thru right now - you just never know

papmom, do be care with the Ambien - falling is the #1 reason why we put the side rails up on hospital beds after sedating a patient. Of course, that didn't prevent them from climbing over the rails..........

I have a new grand dog this week - a 9 month old yellow lab. He is huge but very friendly! My daughter & son-in-law had to remove the kitchen table from their tiny rental house in order to fit his crate in!!!!

Wishing everyone a terrific, safe & cozy night in the Nest.
        Leaving the night light on for the late arrivals.

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you Lavande, I will be super careful that's for sure! It really took me by surprise this morning. Thank goodness my house is small with lots of "handrails"!! Tomorrow I will sleep in as long as the pups will let me. Congrats on your new granddog!! Too funny about the crate and the kitchen!! I sure hope those storms don't head our way-I'm not ready to head for the basement yet LOL!!

Hope everyone has a good nite in the nest. I was so tired today that as I headed home the cravings almost rocked me. I kept trying to think of one good reason to buy a bottle and I couldn't come up with one so I didn't "get" to stop at the packie. I'm feeling a little down tonite so I've been reading throughout the forum. Nothing is really making me feel better so I think I'll feed and pottie the dogs and head to bed.

See all tomorrow where I'm sure the new day will seem brighter (figuratively definitely not literally with our forecast!).

Nitety Nite.
          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,

Papmom - I second Lav saying to be careful.. i'm very pleased you had a great night's sleep, but drugs that make you feel drowsy (such as valium, xanax etc) are very addictive.. though they work in the short-term with sleep problems or anxiety (i know as ive taken the above myself before).. but in the long-term its best to sort our your mind and body in holistic, natural ways..
            Sunni - thanks for the advice re: online dating.. the guy I am meeting up with on sunday i've been talking to on chat for almost 3 weeks.. and he seems nice.. i think after what i went through with my ex, i will be quite adept at sussing out the "weirdo's" or stalkers.. i wont let my guard down though.. what i liked about this guy I am seeing on sun is that he wanted to meet up during the day and just for a coffee.. and not at night in a bar!
            Spam - that sounds like a fantastic deal; $100 bucks for the year! - can you go as many times as you like in the year? I've been to wet and wild there too.. that's pretty good but more for teenagers and kids.. the place is a nightmare in school holidays with young boys and girls running around all over the places knocking OAP's like myself out of the way! :H Sea World I thought was great.. though we kept missing the dolphin shows when we went! but we still had a great time.. nice cable cars; I was actually pregnant with my son when I went last so its nice if you want a quieter kind of theme park.. the only "world" i've not been to up there is movie world...
            Hi to Fennell, runningwind (good to see you back..), Lav, Mollyka, MamaB, Coco and everyone else.. I have a nice relaxing day planned today; my ex finally agreed to look after our son, so i have a bit of peace to catch up on sleep and housework.. then im working a couple of hours tonight, then on to my coffee-date tomorrow!
            Take care all,
            Katie xxx
            "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone.

And yes I mean everyone too. I love all you guys, and love the energy here in the nest. I never try to leave anyone out, So like Molly says - I'll try my best to make some "p-ertinent p-oints" (said with my best Daffy Duck impersonation).

Papmom - I have a friend who uses ambien when travelling - she breaks the pills in half to take away the harsh awakenings and tendency to miss the alarm clark. Don't mix those with al hun.

Sunni - intersting advice on the dating stuff, but I'd never last a month emailing and texting someone. If I wanted to talk to a computer I'd just stay at work. But then again - I took some dates I'd wished I hadn't. It's definitely a good idea to be very picky - and not feel bad about passing on whatever doesn't feel right for whatever reason. And by all means protecting privacy and safety in all regards.

KB - he's called your "ex" for a reason - he is officially out of your life. Yes girl, put that bit into your past and let it be. Go forward and don't let him drag you backwards. You're too nice a person to get bogged-down in things that lead to nowhere. Good luck on your date.

Molly (and everyone!) - thanks for the well-wishes on the gf - it feels right so far.

And... "glad you are with someone who makes you happy, you deserve it with all the monitoring you do here of us poor fledglings!!".

I have to say that you guys pick me up sometimes too, and it's nice to have a place to go "where everone knows your name". This just feels right too.

Way to go Mazzie - when we listen to the wacky things in our minds about al it does get funny when you stop and think about it.

MamaB - you didn't buy into the Fancies huh. Good for you.

Spam - "I asked for a suggestion of something "not sweet and not alcoholic." The barman suggested a gin and tonic!" -- I guess working with people sitting around a bar getting hammered doesn't make the barmen real smart now does it. Ha. Hilarious!

K9! Third weekend coming up? Nice! Feel free to skip the housework if you want. Treat yourself like a queen! Sounds like you've got a nice plan.

Still up for my vp duties Lav! Just chillin' out tonight - need a break - I've been on the go lately.

Take care everyone!
              tw
              Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone.
                Am supposed to be doing the housework but couldnt resist coming here instead. Much better for me.
                Tranq - dont get too busy with your new lady and not visit us. I love having you around. She sounds great, good on you. Think you might deserve a nice lady.
                Nora - hope you are enjoying your weekend away. It's nice to catch up with old friends.
                Molly - OMG what have you done? Too much sugar and sun by the look of your new avatar!! Gave me a real laugh. I like the idea of calling cravings "guerilla cravings" cause that is exactly how they are.... just come out of nowhere. Although have to admit the only cravings I get now are just the habit of wanting to have a drink and there is always a reason and solution for it. Yes, I still an doing the April Challenge. Anyone interested in May?
                Maz - well done on realising the addictive voice was talking to you and not giving in to it. It is a hard thing to accept.
                Chook - you sound fantastic. Whatever you are doing, keep doing it as you sound very positive.
                Katie - you have put my fears of on-line dating to rest. You sound like you know what you are doing and have rules in place. Well done and good luck with your coffee date tomorrow.
                Mama - you mentioned the civil war and now I have a vision of you as Scarlett O'Hara. Am I close? Well done for resisting. It's not easy but you certainly feel powerful after saying no to that beast.
                Spam - Gin and Tonic? Alcohol free? Well, if that is the case then I have been alcohol free for a lot longer than I thought! What an idiot.....
                Sunshine - I have added horse riding to my list of things I want to do now I am not fuzzy with a hangover all the time.
                Running - you sound strong. Well done on your effort.
                K9 - I too love reading and have lots of books on the go all at the one time. Need to finish one before starting the next in future!
                Pap - I am glad you are finally getting on top of the sleep issue. Be careful with the meds though as they sound strong. Your weekend sounds busy. Make sure you make time to pop in to talk to us.
                I am slowly clawing my way out of the hole I have been in for the last few weeks. Have increased my Amoryn to see if that makes any difference.
                Feel very inhibited in what I can and cant say now. Would hate to think I would have to give up this site as I get so much from it.
                Today is a lovely day outside so might take the kids to the beach to get a bit of sunshine therapy.
                Take care everyone and I will try and pop back in later. Enjoy your weekend.
                (Hi Lav and everyone who I failed to mention)
                xxxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just back and reading in between shows.
                  Katie, good luck with the date tomorrow. i know what you mean. I had a little look online, just for fun, and these guys (typed in age of 45 -55) many of whom look like a dog's behind, are looking for a lady 18 - 35 WTF? Run away! Likewise those who describe themselves as pumped and toned (plonkers), those who don't do serious talk (immature), and those who look miserable as sin, but want someone bouncy and fun. :H
                  Hope you found a good one. Good idea to meet for coffee, so you can check each other out but not be bound to spend a whole evening together if you don't get on.
                  Gotta cook pizza for the hungy kids before heading back to the theatre.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone!
                    This place is mad - so many of us - its brill!!
                    I'm runnin lateish for work so just a quickie this morn and will be back this evening. The tilers are in now and kitchen beginning to take shape hallalujah!!! Daughter giving out s**t about noisy builders cos she studying for her finals ---- still in bed as we speak grrrrrrrr!
                    Mama there is a cakeshop in Dublin that used to call their cakes 'mixed fancies' so maybe an old chocolate eclair would hit the spot instead?
                    Spam I'm going to your barman I reckon he has solved my problem in one fell swoop!! G and T's from now on he he!! Bet he doesn't know he is famous now!
                    Named, you sound brighter keep doing what your're doing I reckon its working - definitely in for May, have 4 family birthdays and a hol coming up then so will need a policy!!
                    RunningW, great you're back posting and definitely sound stronger - stay here, certainly has brought me through tough times (as you can see from my Avatar)!
                    Listen, am going to be late so love to Lav, Katie (dying to hear about the date) PapM, Tranq, Fennel, Sunshine and all I have left out cos have run out of time. Back later
                    Molly:l
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,

Nemed; yes.. now I am much older and wiser (i hope.. lol) entering the dating world.. I know exactly what I am looking for now, and what to avoid..
                      dancingon - he he - you hit the nail on the head of a few of the guys on the site.. the list goes on for those I won't add.. those with photo's with their tops off (vain), or those where you can't see their face (what are they hiding??).. also a few who don't put much info on their profile (probably married looking for an affair..).. I dont have a photo that is public either to protect myself.. and once I have added someone, I get to know them first.. ask a couple of tricky questions and see their response - that way you can check their maturity and committment to wanting something real..
                      Anyway, i've had a great afternoon.. did my housework this morning, and am currently watching 'Mamma Mia' - i keep stopping and starting it as i love the movie and the songs; i have the dvd for a week so can keep going back to it,
                      Mollyka - sorry to hear about the noisy builders.. it is very annoying if you have to study - every week the gardeners make a racket outside my window when im working, but shutting my window does the trick.. but they aren't as noisy as builders i doubt!
                      Have a great afternoon/evening everyone, be back later
                      Katie xxx
                      "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nestlings!

It's late afternooon here and we have had a busy Saturday..and it hasn't finished yet!

I did the run out to feed my old horse....can a horse really live that long,he must bo over 35 yrs now!!!!!!!!!!! His coat is glossy (despite the grey hair) and he is getting his winter coat,so looking cuddly! Then a shopping stop for groceries,as I didn't have the money for it during the week. Then home to unpack and get dressed for our family trip to the Animal Farmstay just north of us! Met up with two other couples and families and all the kids and adults had a grand time! Fed animals, took lots of pictures and had a lovely picnic lunch! Good to catch up with friends and see the kids having a ball!

Both the wee chicks fell asleep in the car on the drive home and woke up when we arrived (dang it!).

Oh, forgot to say though, Loren my eldest has had a dry cough for the last 3 weeks, so the Dr put her on Rulide (antibiotics) which apparently tastes rank, because she through up in the car! Needless to say we had a smelly trip home as the car sat and baked in the near 30 degree heat for the best part of the day!!! Yummmo!Despite my best attempts to clean it up!

So when we got home I went out and cleaned my car interior (which I have been planning on doing for about the last year!) So there is a positive to this senario! (I think)
                        Am doing the laundry and the neighbours kids are over for a play,so I have some time to spend here without little ones interrupting me! Everyone sounds great in the Nest!

We are waiting for some visitors tonight for dinner (a roast which Mr.Chook is cooking-as I don't do roasts!) and other than that I just need to plan my next attempt at getting Loren to ingest and digest her antibiotics tonight

Am having a" planned" drink tonight..so am being careful to have water between and to eat lots of healthy stuff!

Katie- I will tell my sister what you advised re:the online dating! Good to know!
                        Sunni- my sister & I are not 'horse' people, but we've had Mojo for about 20 years now,rescued from a property north of here where the farmer was letting him starve! Still charged us $100 for him though (scum-bag!) He was skin and bones, but now a plump,kinda grumpy old man! We had a steep learning curve, cause we did not even know how to 'rug' him or anything else! Found out later he was called "Marron Boy" and used to win races alot. Used to work with cattle on stations and also in his mid-years, worked with kids on Missions u NOrth! He loves kids, and follows my two around like a great big,docile puppy!

Okay, that's me for now. Will check in tomorrow,hopefully with news to say that I have drunk moderately!!!!Wish me luck folks
                        Chook

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi all, sounds like eveyone is doing well. its lovely sunny spring day here in the uk and im so glad im not wasting it with a hangover. im just loving this AF life. its still early days but i can now look at the future with a smile
                          Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                          Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All,

Looks like a good day for all.

Sunshine - I think it will have to be Atlas for me until I lose a few more pounds. I am confused with horses at the moment. I have ridden a beautiful horse, Alf, for a while now. He's almost like riding a motorcycle. He is reponsive, moves when you want him to, stops when you want him to, never gives me any grief. But I am getting bored with him. If I get on something more fiesty, I get annoyed and stroppy! Not sure what to do next.

Chook - Enjoyed your post. Hope the car smells better. Does your daughter drink milk? I find milk products with anti-biotics always makes me vomit. Are you in Northern QLD? Most places are getting cooler now but you are still talking about high temps. Are you happy to get personal messages yet?

I have been tired all day. Hubby left me in bed this morning so I didn't wake up until 11.45 am. Having a big Topa Dopa day today. Think I shall get an early night tonight.

Spam xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Family
                              Spammy...sorry about the Topa Dopa....I am cutting my dose in half and while I am no longer a zombie I am still in a fog.....hope u feel better honey....
                              Chook...I remember when my 18 year old man cub was cutting his 2 year old molars and threw up all the back seat during a sixhour car ride......yick...in July in Floirda....double yick.....
                              Hey Tranq, Katie, Molly Scary Face, Runningwind,Tant, Pap,meech, Pres Lav and everyone else.....
                              lots of love....
                              time to get my butt out of bed and do something productive.....
                              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Saturday morning Nesters,

Partly sunny & cool here in this end of the Nest! At least it's not raining, I'm happy.

Sounds like everyone is coming along nicely today

Chook, hope you did OK with your plan. Katie, please let us know how your coffee date went too!

Not sure yet what I'm doing today - guess I'll go figure that out now.
                                Have a wonderful day everyone!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X