No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merry Christmas, Nest! Just remember that we don't drink and you'll have a Christmas more like the ones we used to know - when we were children and didn't think happiness came in a glass. You'll never regret this sober holiday. I have great respect for what many are doing for the first time and we all are doing, even when it feels like we're on a different path than most people around us. xx, NS

Comment

Merry Christmas, Nesters!

I'm also happy to be sober!
      Love what you said, NS.
      I feel so fortunate to know I'm not alone in choosing a different way of life...thank you all for being here!

Watching Ratatouille and cooking... wish I was creative as that little rat in the kitchen!:happy2:

Stay strong everyone..stick close to the Nest if you're in need of support!

Comment

MERRY CHRISTMAS NESTERS!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF day with family & friends.
        Make it a great day

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Merry Christmas to all.
            Congratulations to Kensho, Jvo, Lifechange, Overit, Daisy, Action girl & Rednose! You are on your way to joining the long timers here.

I hope to be back with you in this fight.

I wish it were a merrier time for my family.
            Just 2 more days until I go to CO to see my sister when she gets out of jail.
            She went in for 20 days due to 3 violations on her ankle monitor. Two weeks ago I got a call from one of her friends telling me she was in a correctional facility. Since then I have been finding out just how bad it has gotten for her. She has lost her job due to this and showing up to work high and drunk. I have found out that she has been sniffing oxycotin. The doctor she worked for is checking to see if she used his script pad to write prescriptions. I pray she did not do this.
            I have gotten my 2 brothers to agree to meet her when she gets out. Her ex-husband wants to participate as well. They have 2 little boys (joint custody) that are affected by her behavior. I know that it has to come from her and that we cannot force her into rehab. I worry about having her ex there as he has so much anger towards her. I don't want her to feel trapped.
            The first few phone calls with her she was in complete denial and treating our visit as a family reunion and inviting me to stay for a few weeks. The last call she was definitely agitated.
            We have looked into a rehab facility near her home that offers and hope that we can persuade her to enter treatment. I am so scared for her.
            I have been drinking some. Basically every other day or so. Strangely my drink of choice doesn't even taste good to me now. The only al that tastes good to me now is bailey's or kaluha. And that is more of a desert or coffee additive. I am sure I could re-develop my tastes for my favorite wine but I am not going to. We went to Europe a year ago for a few weeks and I did not drink because I couldn't find my favorite wine. I do recall that when we got back home it took me some time to reunite my taste buds with my fave wine. The next week is going to be rough.
            I will try to read while away. It really does help.
            Thank you to all that post here. Especially the long time abstainers! What you share here is invaluable to us.
            Last edited by ssd858; December 25, 2015, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Merry Christmas, Nesters!!
              Lifechange, GREAT job on your 50 days! Thats a lotta moons! So proud of you!

SSD, wishing you well. I hope you find, like the rest of us, that NO AL is the best plan. AL has done us NO favors. Good luck.

Off to my first party of the day...mimosas and bloody mary's everywhere! But I have a PLAN! Stay strong everyone! This is totally do-able! Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Merry Christmas Nesters Around the World!
                Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Thanks, Byrdie.. I'm pretty happy to be half a century on Christmas.

SSd, I'm sorry to hear about your sister. It's heartbreaking to hear.. especially with the young kids involved. I'm glad to see you back and hope you will stick with us.. the absolute best thing you can do for yourself, and for everyone in your life for that matter, is to have your mind clear and free and strong. I can't remember your history or what your goals were.. Have you had 30 AF days before? What has really helped me is to take this, literally, one day at a time.. but with a 30 day goal in mind. I told myself in the beginning that I could rethink it at that point.. I don't want to rethink it.. I'm clear. But it was helpful not to try and think of forever.
                  Make the commitment to yourself.. you CAN do it.. not to drink while you're visiting your sister. You can show her through example.. then when you're home, glue yourself to this place.. get some in person help if you need it. Do whatever you need to, to get those first 30 days under your belt. yeah?:hug:

Comment

Merry Christmas friends! I had a beautiful morning with my five year old opening presents. There is such a poignancy to this day. I have always found it a little difficult. To face it soberly and with an open heart is the way it is intended to be for me. I know that I was hiding from a lot of that stuff by running into the bottle as quickly as I could. I'm so grateful my daughter won't know me that way. I hope that everyone can trust the process of recovery and give themselves the AF life they are striving for.
                    "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                    AF 11/12/11

Comment

So nice to see you, Pinecone...

Here's another good one from Hip Sobriety.. wish I'd seen it a couple of days ago!
                      "How not to regress into your 17 year old self at Christmas time"..
                      Blog รข€” HIP SOBRIETY

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone!
                        Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

SSD, you're in my prayers.

Hi Pinecone!

Jane, great article.
                          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone! Sober, stuffed and exhausted!
                            IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                            Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

I am glad I quit at this time of year. The rest of the year should
                              feel like a breeze. Holidays have always been hard for me as I am sure for other
                              people as well. As a Kid Christmas never lived up to what I expected it to be.

Glad to be AF today.
                              All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Comment

Merry Xmas Nesters! Dropping em for LC on 50 big ones. Yeehaw! Congratulations friend, love ur work.

Love ur work too Ssd sticking close here during what sounds like such a difficult time for all concerned. Jail ain't no fun so I hope it provides some shift in thinking for your sis. Just remember to take care of you throughout this. Safe travels to you all.

Boxing Day here, but the gloves ain't on. Why? Cause there's no fight. I'm not in the ring with AL. It has no relevance to me anymore. It is no longer of any use.

Step up to some self lovin today

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                                X