No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad u had a good one Dutch. I know underlying stress can send our blood pressure way up before we know what's happening. Pinpointing the cause of such stress then eliminating it can be key. Dunno if this is the case for you. Take care of yourself friend.

Great job Rednose and Kensho!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hey Nesters!!
      Well done yesterday, everyone!
      It was also my first sober Christmas in a very long time.. I had some thoughts at some point, but not so much about wanting to enjoy, more about wanting to escape.. so I escaped to my bed and had a nap, then a strong coffee, then came here to read. Also listened to some 3P's and read on Hip Sobriety.. I find her so helpful when I need distraction.. and I love her positive outlook on sobriety. This one was really good..
      What I Do For Fun. (Now That I Am Sober). — HIP SOBRIETY

What do you all have planned for the weekend? Here the 26th is the second Christmas day and a holiday so everything is still closed.. and on Sunday, too. Yesterday we watched several family films on TV which was cool.. usually there's such crap on the tube that we don't even bother to turn it on!
      We're going to head out and try out the new basketball.. and probably go roller blading since we're still having spring time weather--

Love and strength to you all!

Comment

Good morning Nesters!

Congrats to everyone experiencing their first (in a long time) sober holiday
        The thought of an AF holiday can scare you & empower you at the same time!!!
        I like your thought of waking with a purpose, not a hangover Rednose!

Dutch, I specifically added decaf green tea to help lower my B/P, give it a try. Also, foods high in potassium like bananas & mushrooms help. Oh & I put garlic in everything!! 11 Foods Scientifically Proven To Lower Your Blood Pressure

Expecting my grandsons to arrive around lunch time so I will be busy!!
        Wishing everyone a great AF day after Christmas.

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello nesters,sounds like everyone had a nice Christmas Dutch,I was thinking about your blood pressure and was wondering if maybe its a supplement that you're taking that's causing it? I think you mentioned ginko and some others before,maybe look over what you're taking if you are taking anything, when I tried st.johns wort I thought I was gonna have a stroke,rhodiola too,things effect people differently,have a great Saturday everyone
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning. Day after Xmas here. We visited mom and dad's neighbor's and had a nice four hours sitting and talking. I was very aware of the time, as I usually get antsy, and drunk after being in the same place for that long. But I noticed how relaxed I was, not needing to leave for any reason, whether it be to be able to drink more, or afraid that I'd drunk too much and looked stupid. No, it was pleasant conversation, good food, and I felt good. Grateful.
            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

So glad to read everyone's success stories. It was ODD to be without Al the first year, but I can tell you its gets MUCH easier over time. This is my fifth sober holiday and I promise you, this is my new normal ...next year you will be SO happy that you have one under your belt!
              After brunch yesterday, we headed over to the next street for dinner. In that same house 10 years ago, I slipped on the stairs and broke my tailbone in 2 places. Yes, The Christmas tree wasnt the only thing that was lit. I still have hip pain from that fall! This is the neighbor lady who lost her 42 year old husband last Nov 19. It was a wonderful reminder of what is truly important....the people in our lives. AL seems so trivial when you look at it like that. In fact, AL is the antithesis of that, it detracts from life. It makes us less than our best, in any amount. I wish everyone MindPeace on this day after Christmas. I am so proud of all of us! Keep up the GREAT work, it is worth it!!!
              Hugs to all!!! Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Thank you for the support. I made it through yesterday al free. It was really hard.
                Got some sunshine yesterday and this morning with the dogs.

Comment

Hi, Nesters, and Merry Christmas.

We had a fine day yesterday - too much rich food, but I got in lots of exercise in the beautiful hills on a sunny day. It seemed much more low key everywhere this year - my son guessed because they're getting older. It was the first year I was up before either kid - you know you're getting old when...

Kensho, SSD, Dutch, Red - good to see you all made it through in spite of the cravings. I can't believe how hard our society makes it to stay away from alcohol, especially this time of the year. I have one family member who offers me alcohol EVERY TIME I see him, even though I think he knows I quit. I guess he thinks it is temporary... SSD -

I am off to get some things done today - not sure how much or how far I'll get - I'm actually ok with being lazy today.

So great to hear of all of the success. Keep it up, Nest.

Pav

Comment

Hi nesters! I have finally caught up. It's taken a few log in sessions for me to do it. I am so proud to be in the sober gang myself over Christmas. A lot of success going on its great. Waking up sober again today on our little holiday feels wonderful. It's our last day away from home and I feel truly relaxed... And a bit fat. All good though.
                    AF January 7, 2018

Comment

I survived Xmas 2015 with MWO - the T- shirt. Next target and t- shirt...... I survived New Year's Eve 2015 with MWO! These tees are flying out the warehouse door just as fast as the pallets of butt Velcro r coming in.

Passing butt Velcro to the..........left! Pull up a twig reader.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Feeling like caving. This is hard. Send me some strength. My dad, who rarely drinks - yoga master, is drinking. I'm happy without it, I'm happy without it, I'm happy without it. Going to eat chocolate. Tired if this time of year.
                        Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Sending you strength Kensho. Eat that chocolate - I'll have a piece too! You won't regret kicking this craving to the curb!
                          Last edited by Marylou123; December 26, 2015, 07:11 PM.
                          Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Kens, dont pick that scab off again! Its just healing. It doesnt matter what anybody is doing, YOU do not drink. Change the channel in your head, you dont want to be right here agin next year wondering what happened. One drink only leads to another. Do not cave, your life does depend on it. Hugs and strength, B
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi Kensho,
                              That's the thing. Your father never drinks. But when we do, we don't stop. HIs life isn't affected by it. But OURS is. Do anything right now, just don't watch him and wish. Stay on MWO and read anywhere. Get your strength back. The ugly memories are still fresh. You don't want to make new ugly memories, but you want to wake up feeling fresh like you have been. Strength to you Kensho.
                              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Change ur environment Kensho. Get out of there.

Comment

Working...
                                X