Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good evening Nesters,

Byrdie, surely your audience will be intrigued by Queen Rubi, ha ha!!!

Lil, 1000 posts makes you a SENIOR MEMBER :welldone: :yay:
    I always knew you would make it eventually!! You have had enormous challenges this year & you've come thru like the champ you are. Here's to a fabulous 2016!!!

j-vo, IJM, Kensho & everyone - just plan to hang out here while the rest of the world works on their hangovers the next few day - you won't be sorry

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by LilBit View Post
      Wow, that was my 1,000th post. Do I get a decoder ring or a toaster or something?
      :haha::haha::haha:
      NO!
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post
        :haha::haha::haha:
        NO!
        Hahaha,

Byrdie, You are too funny.
        Lil-Bit- Good for you on your 1,000th post!
        J-Vo, we now have movie theaters in our area that serve wine and beer! Crazy how our lives change when alcohol quits being the priority. I love movies too much so can't say that drinking came first over a movie, but I do remember the days where kids lunches out had to be a place that served wine when I hung with a drinking buddy GF. No McDonalds for us, had to be Peter Piper Pizza or somewhere where the wine flowed. A sad thought.

~Addy
        "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

Originally posted by All done drinking View Post

I love movies too much so can't say that drinking came first over a movie, but I do remember the days where kids lunches out had to be a place that served wine when I hung with a drinking buddy GF. No McDonalds for us, had to be Peter Piper Pizza or somewhere where the wine flowed. A sad thought.

~Addy
          I resemble those remarks currently - You are right it is sad

Regards

Bacman
          Last edited by Baclofenman; December 30, 2015, 09:23 PM. Reason: Alcohol confusing my spelling
          I am not a Doctor - I am an alcoholic.
          Thoughts expressed here are my own, often poorly put together and littered with atrocious grammar and spelling.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsJustMe View Post
            Ouch! That cuts pretty deep! Hey, I'm a dude and I also communicate (but I still have issues with putting the seat back down and picking up my socks and drawers off the floor)! But seriously, I cannot stress enough that you have to open up. I tell Mrs. IJM EVERYTHING and she does the same - for 28 years now. Sometimes what I need to say may not go over well, but I think it's important enough to get it out or it will end up 'festering' and get twice as bad.
            One other thing to note - the communication is a two way street - Mrs. IJM tells ME EVERYTHING and it sometimes doesn't go over well. Like three weeks ago when she had had enough of seeing her spouse plastered and finally let her feelings be known. That was my turning point....

Comment

Off to my moms funeral, sick as a dog with the chest/head/ear/sneezing crud 😩
              The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Take care Overit.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by LilBit View Post
                  Wow, that was my 1,000th post. Do I get a decoder ring or a toaster or something?
                  How about a rewrite of this chapter you threw out in August?

"As Fabio left the blazing heat of Mercury behind him before the night and ice came, he knew Philomena Luxembourg would be angry he was late for their date......again! Fabio took a little longer than the 2 hours it takes to get to Earth as he stopped off at Joe's garage on asteroid 457 to replace a globe in the hover board's brake light. When he arrived home, he found a note from Philomena. It read 'down at the rink xx.' He knew immediately what this meant. Philomena would no longer be angry. But he would. Fabio knew she would want to skate and skate all night, practicing her twirls and whirls, triple somersaults, and landing technique in readiness for her 20 truck jump Evil Knievel style, that she is doing for charity next month. Fabio went down to the rink and watched proudly, if a little envious. Philomena was in her own world, and loving it. He could not interrupt such an all too rare example of grace, commitment, and style. Fabio left Philomena to her art. On his way home he was given a ticket for a faulty brake light."

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Evening nesters

Over, i hope you feel better soon and thinking of you at this sad time. Getting through the emotions is so much easier sober although it may not feel like it.

Happy New Year Mr G and everyone on this side of the world. I find it hard to believe that we will be in 2016 before a lot of you. Us Aussies are always in the forefront lol.

Mum and I went out for dinner tonight and i made sure we had an early meal. Mum had her wines and i had my lemon lime and bitters. I wanted to be in and out before the drinking really began. Drunks annoy me no end and just to think i was one once.

My only new years resolution that i know i will keep is to not drink in 2016. The giving up sugar and exercising more, well i will give it a shot!

Take care xx
                    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Happy New Year to fellow nesters half a globe away. Still 2015 here. Looking forward to a sober, joyful, unhung 2016.
                      Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Good morning Nesters on this final day of 2015!

Ava, G & everyone already into 2016 - Happy New Year
                        May we all have a happy & healthy new year!

Overit, I sure hope you feel better very soon. Please know we are all with you in spirit today :hug:

Did I see a newbie drop in? Hello & welcome Bacman!

Wishing everyone a great AF day ahead!
                        No big plans for me just some exercise & some work. Staying home & staying safe tonight!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning and Happy New Year to all.

Overit, thoughts and prayers are with you, and I hope you feel better.

Lil, congrats on your 1,000 posts!

Have a lovely and sober New Year's Eve or Day.
                          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Originally posted by Overit-still View Post
                            Off to my moms funeral, sick as a dog with the chest/head/ear/sneezing crud ��
                            Sending you healing energy (for the crud) & positive energy to stay strong on a very difficult day. Losing our parents is extremely hard. At least funerals give support and love to the ones left behind. Hope you get plenty of that.

~Addy
                            "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

Overit, hugs to you. Please take extra-special care of yourself over the next few days -- indulge in your favorite soup & warm blankets & old movies. Grief, especially after losing a parent, can feel a lot like anxiety, a feeling that the whole world is off-kilter. Please be kind to yourself.

G Man, as always, your "retrieved" bits of my novel are way better than anything I could have written. :thumbsup: Happy New Year to you, eloquent friend from Down Under.

Byrdie -- :tongue-new::tongue-new:
                              Last edited by LilBit; December 31, 2015, 09:51 AM.
                              "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Good Morning, Nesters!
                                Over-it, you've got a tough day ahead. Use the same skills you've learned right here....take it a little at a time. Wishing you strength and peace.

Addy, heck, I didn't let the fact that a restaurant or movie house didn't serve booze deter me!!!! I imported it! Yes, I carried it right along....in my trusty hairspray bottle! I didn't want to get caught without my crutch, after all! To do that was anxiety inducing! Holy crap, what I'd give for a do-over. I would have cut this madness out 20 years ago!

Bacman, I was just reading your thread earlier this morning about 2016's challenges. I have 2 thoughts for you. Firstly, I think everyone you see in the nest at present is not using Baclofen. If I am reading your posts correctly, it seems almost as if Baclofen has made your drinking worse? I have never taken it but I have been around these boards for a long time....maybe now that you have some top-drawer support with us, you'd consider trying to go AF without Bac? We wouldn't expect you to change your name or anything (:haha, but we all have been able to get the support/strength we need by checking in here every day. It's a thought! Rule #1 when you find yourself in a hole: Stop digging!

Thought #2. You mentioned that Mrs BacMan has booked a rehab stint for you. I can tell you this....4 weeks is nothing in the grand scheme of things and the 10G's it will cost will come back to you by way of savings! I was a cheap drunk (~$10 a day). I am 1757 AF days today....if we do the math, I've saved at least $17K on booze alone! If you ever drove drunk, throw in another 10K for the inevitable DWI and all it's shame and glory! Those 4 weeks you might spend at rehab could be the best money you ever spent! You'll get it back, too, by NOT drinking! Now that's just looking at it from a dollars and cents standpoint. Now let's look at the power of YOU. You mentioned that the task of not drinking in 2016 looks like The Impossible Dream.... The more you consider it, the harder it looks like it's going to be. You are prolly sitting there thinking after all is said and done, that you can't do it....am I true?

BUT (and it's a big but!) What if Oprah Winfrey told you she'd give you $10 Million dollars if you would put AL down and not drink again. If you are like me, by hook or crook, you'd find a way to do it. You'd reach WAY on down in your soul and find a way to make that happen, right? Why? Because YOU WANT IT. In this case, that money would give you and your family financial security for the rest of your lives, it would give them all they could ever want or need, right? It would be BEST for everyone! Now, if you can quit drinking for 10 Million dollars, you can quit drinking period. Instead of the money, you are giving your family a husband and father. You ARE giving them financial security because you will be around to provide it. You are fighting for much more than 10Mil you are fighting for your life.

Yes, it is hard those first few days...but put it down today and make a vow to never buy or drink it again. That's what I did. My hubs was the poster boy for patience with me over the years but on Jan 19, 2011, he walked out on me and said he didn't want to be married to a drunk. Nobody does! I had a hard choice to make....try to get him back and stop drinking or give in to AL totally and lose it all. I chose life. By the time we get to MWO, we are really looking at two choices....drink ourselves to death, or put it down and live! I know I made the right decision! It takes time, but every single one of us here can tell you, it is worth it!

Stick close, if I can get sober, I know you can, too!
                                Happy New You!!!!!! Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X