Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning Nesters,

Just getting moving this morning. It is extremely cold here. I have got take down my tree today. It is easy to put up the decorations but so hard to take them down. I am such a procrastinator.

Hanging in there, getting a little anxious about my daughter going back to her 7 on Friday and being alone. Getting plans together to keep me super busy, without AL.

Have a blessed and AF day.

JDG
    Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Originally posted by Rahulthesweet View Post
      found MWO and began my wonderful journey to recovery. It was hard, I tripped so many times but hung on. …
      Hi Rahul!! So good to hear from you, and happy your knee is healing!! You said it here so well. Most of us come here and trip for awhile - until we've just had enough. The point is to keep coming and eventually it will become clear that alcohol leads us back to the same undesirable place EVERY TIME.

Originally posted by available View Post
      The good thing is I so dont hate myself anymore and i have so much more appreciation for life.
      Is there more? Appreciating life and loving ourselves? Well said.

Getting to the end of accounting hell today (I think) - and then a fun long weekend in the mountains. I have been noticing SO much more how life is just too short to drink through it. PAV, our assistant seems to be keeping me in line.

Happy Tuesday everyone!
      Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

G man- i took my dog out for a wee, Sunday morning, normally no one is around. There is a tram track in front of old house. We crossed street and I didnt look before starting across tracks. I heard the toot toot, pulled her leash and she slipped out. The tram Just missed her snd she started into the road, there were cars and I froze. I grabbed a tree, I thought we were both going to,be killed. She went flying but I was too scared to look. The crunch sound was so loud.
        A man that saw it said "now that was a miracle, she is alive.'
        Thsnk god.
        Bad mommie I am
        (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

amen brydie.
          I had to quit drinking to realize I needed to quit drinking.
          I was the Queen of denial. I still can be but not about this topic as I have seen the light .. Finally!
          (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

El, love this...I had to quit drinking to realize I needed to quit drinking." A+
            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Originally posted by j-vo View Post
              El, love this...I had to quit drinking to realize I needed to quit drinking." A+
              Me too! Great quote from you El!
              IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
              Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Originally posted by Eloise View Post
                G man- i took my dog out for a wee, Sunday morning, normally no one is around. There is a tram track in front of old house. We crossed street and I didnt look before starting across tracks. I heard the toot toot, pulled her leash and she slipped out. The tram Just missed her snd she started into the road, there were cars and I froze. I grabbed a tree, I thought we were both going to,be killed. She went flying but I was too scared to look. The crunch sound was so loud.
                A man that saw it said "now that was a miracle, she is alive.'
                Thsnk god.
                Bad mommie I am
                Jeeze Louise, Eloise!! take care pleaseeee!!
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Eloise, I am glad you both are still with us! :happy2:

Closing in on 5 months here. Sheesh kebab! Noice.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good evening Nesters!

7 pm here & I haven't seen a single snowflake yet j-vo. Did you keep it all? Ha ha!

Eloise, very happy that you & your dog are OK. BE CAREFUL!!!!

G, you are doing so well, stick with it forever & ever

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!
                    Stay warm!!

Lav
                    Last edited by Lavande; January 12, 2016, 07:08 PM.
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                      Eloise, I am glad you both are still with us! :happy2:

Closing in on 5 months here. Sheesh kebab! Noice.
                      I know you're not one for counting Mr G......but almost 5 months??!!! Rockin'!
                      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Good Wednesday morning Nesters, happy Hump day

Very cold but sunny here today! We never got the snow that was predicted, I'm OK with that, ha ha!!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF day ahead!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Amazing goings-on in the nest! Wish I had a few minutes to talk about them all but I am off to the rat races, which seem to be particularly ratty lately. Keep it up, guys. Good stuff.
                          "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Yes, Lav, no sharing my snow! We got way more than the weather people predicted. And to boot, had a two-hour delay for school this morning. Sweet.

El, glad you're ok! That was crazy.

Have a good day all.
                            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

LilBit....I will SEE your Rat Race, and raise you one round of Grunt Work.
                              Holy Toledo, yustaday and today have been among the most frustrating I have ever seen in this job (28 years!!) Getting anything done in a large company is like trying to turn around a cargo ship....nothing happens fast. Now I know how the Titanic felt...you can see it's gonna happen, but ain't nuthin you can do about it!!

Anyway, great to see everyone staying strong! Have a peaceful day!!! Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Busy

Good morning everyone. Just checking in. Busy, busy, busy......Tis' the season for me. :checkin:
                                The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Working...
                                X