No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome upandover. Hang with us we are in this together.

Moni - when I have sleeping issues I try melatonin or valerian root. They are all natural without side effects. Hope this helps.

Crocster - We have all fell off this horse and for me many, many times. You are doing the best thing in being accountable. Glad you are not hungover and did not get drunk. Learn from this slip to prevent others.
    Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Hi Nesters near and not so far,

Must be day *&^*$#! but I ain't one for counting. Welcome Up&over. Good you're back on the horse Croc.

Public holiday here today. Chillin with me harem....that'd be guitars. I see it's real important to relax and push through the lows. Keep going and moving in your desired direction. Before we know it, we've come out the other end of the dark tunnel to the light a'smilin.

Hi LC. Glad you're getting into old Eckhart. He knows a thing or 2.

L8tr g8trs.
      Last edited by Guitarista; January 25, 2016, 05:38 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Welcome Up and Over. Glad to have you in the nest.

Croc, glad you've come right back. Yes, hopefully it'll be like your smoke experience. Stay close.

Moni, I too, take melatonin if I think I might have a hard time sleeping. Most of the time it doesn't happen but on occasion it does. In the beginning of AF time, it's for sure going to be a factor in our recovery.

Still feeling in a funk, but I don't have a desire to drink through it. That's progress. Nighty.
        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
          Good you're back on the horse Croc.

Public holiday here today. Chillin with me harem....that'd be guitars.

L8tr g8trs.
          Thankyou JDG, Gman - it's a process for me - but I know there's zero chance of me drinking tonight - Australia Day or not.

My brother was in a committed relationship with an f-hole Gibson a while back Gman - we all thought she was the one - but his heart was stolen by a Telecaster and she ended up on Gumtree - thankfully they practiced safe sex - he used to de-string her before things got hot and heavy. Have a good Aussie Day.
          Croc

Comment

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by crocster View Post
              Thankyou JDG, Gman - it's a process for me - but I know there's zero chance of me drinking tonight - Australia Day or not.

My brother was in a committed relationship with an f-hole Gibson a while back Gman - we all thought she was the one - but his heart was stolen by a Telecaster and she ended up on Gumtree - thankfully they practiced safe sex - he used to de-string her before things got hot and heavy. Have a good Aussie Day.
              Croc
              Will do.

Of course, my harem are always dressed in the latest G strings.

For anyone in a funk. JB!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

This Gal does it for me too:-

Colin Ryan, guitar; Bill Brianstorm drums , Johnny Piano bass; Robin and Amanda backup singers/dancers. Recorded in AVCHD Dolby Stereo with a Panasonic DMC-Z...

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

No time for much of anything for me today except moving snow around, ha ha!!
                  Now we are being teased with the possibility of more snow to come later in the week - geez.

Hello & welcome upandover!
                  Grab a twig & settle into the nest for a while. Get a good working plan together for yourself. You can find lots of ideas in the Tool box.

crocster, speaking of the Tool box - get in there & see if you can find a better way to handle those rough moments. We all have to change our default settings.....no more running to the wine bottle, that's in the past, right? Glad you came right back & didn't fall too hard

Hang in everyone, you will have no regrets, I promise!!
                  Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Congrats Byrdie on 5 years and NoSugar on 3, you guys have definitel provided me with plenty of support the past 10+ months and wanted to pop in and celebrate the milestone with ya.

Moni I my sleep was disturbed as well. I take this stuff called balderan that has a bunch of extracts in it but mostly just valerian/passion flower, etc. I honestly just embraced being awake, I would go to the gym at night as my habit I knew I had to do instead of drink, I knew I would be awake, so it was fine. Find something you know brings you joy while your awake.

I'm honestly doing great. Enjoying a day off, problems abound and I couldn't be happier. I forget who says it, the line about being thankful for your problems because that's why you make what you do. Deciding to go to a psychiatrist was a good idea. It's good to wait to see if it's just the alcohol, but after about 7-8 months, it's probably a good idea to talk to someone if your still depressed.

Last night I came home from a date night with the wife, having a blast. I opened a cabinet to grab something and saw all the alcohol from our holiday party that was leftover. I hate to say it, but I still had that thought, man it would be nice...maybe your not that bad...how can you imagine drinking 4/6? So naturally I popped back in here. I don't need any of that in my life, I am finally starting to move towards all the things I really want.

Comment

NoSugar, missed your big day...Congratulations and thank you for being you, I won't forget your kindness....you deserve the best!
                      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Evening all,

It has been a good and productive day here for me. Good to see all the activity in the nest today. It has warmed up here a bit and I can finally stop sleeping in sweats, YAY!

Firmly planted with butt Velcro on my twig and passing to the right if anyone needs any. Praying everyone has a good nights rest, or productive day. Whatever the case may be.

JDG
                        Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Good evening! Long 12 hour day here, gonna go home even though I should stay. I'm feeling great but postponing my new workout until next Monday, it's crunch time and I don't need the stress trying to stick to some ideal.

FITBIT-I'm sorry I can't remember who responded. PM me so it will be in my messages to refer to when I have a moment. FITBIT is awesome for anyone interested.

Have a great night!
                          The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Did you say funk GMAN?
                            Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Good early morning,

Trying to get back into my exercise routine before work, so here goes. I'll have to check out Fitbit, Overit. You said it's an app?

Dutch, you sound great. Glad you're feeling the positive effects of having gone to the doctor. Sometimes we can do everything right for ourselves but it's not enough.

Have a good day.
                              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Heading home. Had an epic visit with my nephews! Meeting the one for the first time since he was a baby, then seeing two half brothers meet for the first time...very emotional. 10 hour drive ahead. I'll be glad to be home. I am so glad I'm sober!!' B

Edit to add:
                                NoSugar, please, please, please put your 3 year speech in the Tool Box. Giving hope and inspiration is what it's all about!!
                                Last edited by Byrdlady; January 26, 2016, 08:48 AM.
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X