No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations J-vo! - that's huge - and thanks for your encouragement too.
    Croc

Comment

Wow Jvo! Right on!

Congratulations you huge Raaawk Star you! I'll fire up the BBQ! :flip:

You are so cool.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Congratulations JVO. I remember how special that milestone was.
        Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

J-Vo -- Congratulations on 100 days! If we had a Smucker's Jelly Jar of Sobriety, you'd be our face today. Way to go J-Vo, that is a marvelous milestone. And thank you for being here, extending yourself and helping others (especially me) on this journey together. Have a wonderful day.
          Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Good morning Nesters & happy hump day!

j-vo, CONGRATS on turning 100 today :yay:
            Keep going friend, you will keep getting stronger & stronger.

My kid watching gig has been postponed this morning & that's OK.
            I have plenty of work to do to keep me out of trouble!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF day ahead!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Great job j-vo!! What an accomplishment! I so appreciate all you do here. Have a great day:welldone:

Comment

Morning peeps,

Had a wonderful time last night with our little church family. We ate, played pictonary and charades. (forgive the spelling). I have not laughed that hard in a long time.

Moni - :goodjob: You are my hero today. I can not imagine trying to toss the smokes and the AL. One at a time for me.

J-vo - Awesome job. Hats off to you for your 100 days. Keep up the good work you are an inspiration for us all.

Just a little R&R here for the next couple of days. We always try to "couch party" the last two days before my MiniMe goes back for 7 long nights of work.

Lav - glad no more of the solid precip for you for now.

Have a blessed hump day, my besties,
                JDG
                Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Congrats J-vo, 100 days is huge, good for you!

Thanks for the advance Pav, I think I will post on here more regularly as it has been a particularly stressful time.

My business took a hit in December, and we still haven't bounced back. For the first time I had to cut my pay, which for a small business I am rather consistent on. I had to cut it by 33%, which is a pretty big deal. I can still pay all my bills and everything, but it really got me questioning if I want to do this thing for the rest of my life. Finances have always been a major trigger for me, and I know I would be downing a bottle right now if I could. Just have to keep telling myself that I am working harder and things will pick up.

Comment

Good morning! Just poking my head in for a second.

Dutch, good to see you. Keep strong, you are doing fabulous!

JVO-you are awesome! Get your nails done today!

Moni-twinning!!!!

Have a great day everyone.....I know I will.
                    The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Sorry to see this about your businessDutch.
                      Jvo, you are doing GREAT! So happy for you.
                      I know I should keep my fat trap shut but omg there is a lot of crap being posted on the site these days. Geez, drama.
                      (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Jvo - just popping in to say WELL DONE!! 100 days - you must be so proud!!

Hope everyone is well. I have a very large report for college to type up so better knuckle down!

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

I am still on vacation but have been working since 8 o'clock this morning and JUST checking in here! Holy moly!

I had a fantastic visit with my nephews. It was a very emotional reunion....actually, THEY had never met!! The older one is 52 and the younger one is 42. It was something to witness. I hated to leave them!!! On the last night we all went out to dinner and the older one ordered shots of Tequila for me, his brother and him. When they came I was stunned! (Pav, this speaks to your post about plans and punches) PEER PRESSURE!!!! They wanted to toast to OUR FUTURE!!! I had to give mine away FAST....I wouldn't have much future if AL is involved!! I toasted with water and no more was said about it. I fear the older one may be one of us. AL seemed VERY important to him and he didn't appear to have an off switch. I hope I'm wrong (but I doubt it). He is headed for some challenges, but I am living proof that it can be done!!

So J-VO sitting over here with 100 Days in the bank!! GREAT GOING!!! It's too bad that there can't be parades and parties in honor of the work that goes into achieving this!!! But WE know what it takes!!! I'm SO proud of you!!
                          :dancin:

Dutch, I had an old boss that used to say, 'the harder I work, the luckier I get'. So true! Your hard work will pay off!

Hope everyone has a great evening. It's nice to be home! Hugs to all, Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Awe, thank you all! At 100 days, I know it's just beginning, but it's great to have an excuse to have a sober party. Lately, I feel like it's all becoming real for me. I'm not sure if I know what I mean by that, but it feels right to be sober. I know that life's challenges will never magically go way and I have handled many lately that I never thought possible without alcohol. I've done it by coming here, reading, posting, and trusting that you long-timers know what you're talking about, because you do. Thank you!
                            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

No turning back now Jvo! :happy2: Keep it going buddy.

Loving it all myself, ups and downs.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hey Hey, J-VO!!! turning 100 isn't as bad as person might think!!! congrats!!!!!
                                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                                X