Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eloise View Post
    I know I should keep my fat trap shut but omg there is a lot of crap being posted on the site these days. Geez, drama.
    Agree Eloise - not a good look for someone coming new to the site looking for support and advice on meds particularly - to me it's a game where the only way to win is not to play.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Welcome back Byrdie!

j-vo, there is just something solid about the number '100'

Dutch, I'm sorry about the business. Being self-employed has it's drawbacks, I completely understand. Hang in there, things will pick up!

Not sure what drama is currently going on around here but it always seems to come & go. Feel free to ignore it, I do

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest. I will be heading out before sunrise to go watch my granddaughter for the day - fun.

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by KENSHO View Post
        Hi Everyone! Finally reading and have a few minutes. I go to the Dr. tomorrow for an ultrasound for abdominal pain. Thanks for the info Crocster. I'm partly wondering if my liver/kidneys are just having "healing pains"? I drank every day for 10 years - maybe its just getting used to working without poison?
        Hi KENSHO: I hope you got the all clear from the ultrasound - I believe the body will eventually get back into balance once we stop putting in the bad stuff - you might be able to help the process with something like the Liver Cleansing or Body Ecology diet for a while
        Croc

Comment

Originally posted by crocster View Post
          Hi KENSHO: I hope you got the all clear from the ultrasound - I believe the body will eventually get back into balance once we stop putting in the bad stuff - you might be able to help the process with something like the Liver Cleansing or Body Ecology diet for a while
          Croc
          My liver was like the Grinch's heart on Christmas Day. After years of drinking it felt like it too grew 3 sizes. My Liver function tests are normal now after many many years of lousy results. Dr Weil recommends Milk Thistle for the Liver. I heartedly agree!
          Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

clocking out after a long 12 hour day. Have a good night everyone.
            The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Originally posted by TJAF View Post
              My liver was like the Grinch's heart on Christmas Day. After years of drinking it felt like it too grew 3 sizes. My Liver function tests are normal now after many many years of lousy results. Dr Weil recommends Milk Thistle for the Liver. I heartedly agree!
              Ditto on the Milk Thistle. I was diagnosed with alcoholic fatty liver about 12 years ago. That wasn't enough to stop me drinking but it did focus my mind on harm minimisation. I did some research and I've taken some kind of "liver tonic" (containing various mixes of milk thistle, globe artichoke, turmeric etc. or the Liv.52 preparation) pretty much daily since as well as cleaning up my diet. My liver function tests throughout have been normal so I hope to return to full health now the AL is gone. I'm NOT recommending this to anyone as a plan for drinking excessively and "getting away with it" - I didn't - nobody does.

Comment

Thats a very good point crocster about trying to "get away with it" by taking supplements, including milk thistle, and continuing drinking. I did that for years and it did not help my very bad liver function results. It just was yet another excuse to keep on drinking (or stop and start in my case).
                I had to quit drinking but even then I did not see quick results in my liver results. Its only now after over three years of being AF that I have consistently had a good profile as far as liver function tests go.
                So the only quick fix if in doubt about liver health is abstinence from AL and even then it can be a very slow recovery process. I might add that I have also eaten a very healthy diet (including when I was drinking) that was not high in fatty foods and I am not overweight.

Comment

Morning Nesters!
                  Quick fly by on my way to work..

J-VO! Congratulations on 100 days! I'm really proud of you and happy for you.. following in your footsteps, girl!!

Hope everyone has a good day..

Comment

Hi y'all. Awesome on 100 JVO. I'm fidy cents behind you. And craving a drink like crazy tonight. Going to bed now, so clear here.

My ultrasound is actually tomorrow (got that wrong), and I'm unsure whether I will go or not - been feeling better the last couple days. The strange thing is that 2 years ago, I had perfect liver tests. My drinking slowed WAY down since then - so weird. It's not a cheap test. Hmmmm - what to do.

Anyway, glad to hear of your special family time Byrdie.

Sorry about your financial stress Dutch. The thing I've learned about working for oneself is that you tend to make ends meet when necessary. I'm sure it will work out for you.

Hope everyone is tucked in safe and sound tonight. Ready to be done with tonight.
                    Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Good morning,
                      Great post and points TT. Nothing can take the place of abstinence. No magic pill.

Kensho, I hope your doc appt goes well. You may as well keep the as it'll at least give you some relief when you get good results.

Have a good Thursday.
                      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Originally posted by crocster View Post
                        to me it's a game where the only way to win is not to play.
                        Just like boozing.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good morning Nesters

Sunny & freezing cold here!

Kensho, is it possible you have a gall bladder, not a liver problem? Could be unless you've previously had it removed. Good luck with your testing.

I am at my granddaughter's house for the day. She is almost 5 & very talkative!!!
                          Wishing everyone a great AF Thursday!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good Morning, Fellow Nesters!

Croc, that's a great quote if I ever heard one! The only way to win the game is to not play! I LIKE IT!

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to work I go. Hope everyone has an easy day! Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good Morning,

Nothing special here today. Its cold and I am staying where it is warm and AF.

Lav - have a great visit with your granddaughter.

Kensho - I would go ahead and have the test just for the peace of mind. I agree with Lav it could be gallbladder, mine was, and it will give you peace of mind.

Croc - I agree with everyone else. I hate to lose, as I am very competitive, so this time I choose not to play and to live life to its full potential.

Have a blessed AF day,
                              JDG
                              Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Hi,

Quick fly by. CONGRATULATIONS J-Vo. 100 is a fabulous milestone - three digits and all. You sound strong and resolute. As G says, no looking back.

One of my sons is having some friend drama - I feel so bad that he feels so bad. I know his getting through this (without alcohol) will be a part of building his resilience, but I wish there was something I could do to make him feel better now.

Gotta run to work.

So Happy It's Thursday.

Pav

Comment

Working...
                                X